PDA

View Full Version : Back up rigs

k1oik
09-24-2012, 06:04 PM
Saw this ad, "Flex 1500 - Virtually NEW condition. I purchased this on August 1, 2011 direct
from FlexRadio to use as a back-up rig."

Back-up rig? What is the deal here, hams cannot be without a rig for a few days?
A rig is not like a spare tire, toilet paper, back up for what?
Do hams have back up TVS, freezers, computers, cell phones, wives?

AE1PT
09-24-2012, 06:19 PM

I do. But then, everyone can't be me... :cool2:

W2NAP
09-24-2012, 06:43 PM
5/9 indiana qsl?

WØTKX
09-24-2012, 07:12 PM
I have a backup beeper available.

KJ4FEL
09-24-2012, 07:13 PM
Two is One and One is None.

W8XLR
09-24-2012, 07:39 PM
There is nothing wrong with redundancy in ones hobbies. Fishermen have spare poles, Golfers have spare clubs, Photographers have spare cameras and hams have spare radios.

Based on the videos I've seen of yours, which I like BTW, I would hazard to guess that you have more than one radio. Am I correct?

Truth be known, there are times I could use a back-up wife...one with lots of money to buy me more back-up radios, but for now I'll just have to keep my old one operating as best I can, with lots of super glue and duct tape...

73, Phil/W8XLR

k1oik
09-24-2012, 07:58 PM
There is nothing wrong with redundancy in ones hobbies. Fishermen have spare poles, Golfers have spare clubs, Photographers have spare cameras and hams have spare radios.

Based on the videos I've seen of yours, which I like BTW, I would hazard to guess that you have more than one radio. Am I correct?

Truth be known, there are times I could use a back-up wife...one with lots of money to buy me more back-up radios, but for now I'll just have to keep my old one operating as best I can, with lots of super glue and duct tape...

73, Phil/W8XLR

Yes I have a Flex 5000 for current technology, a KX3 for QRP on my deck and the beach and a DX-40 for the memories. But I have no need to have a backup in case of failure, each one serves a different purpose.

NQ6U
09-24-2012, 08:00 PM
I have several backup rigs, but mostly just because I like radios and find it enjoyable to collect them. If you don't like radios, why bother being a ham?

K7SGJ
09-24-2012, 08:04 PM
Real hams have backup radios.

W3WN
09-24-2012, 08:04 PM
Well Burt, everyone can't be perfect like you. Some of us just have to muddle along.

"Back up rig" may not mean the same thing to everyone. For example, strictly speaking, my Corsair II is my "backup" rig these days, even though I still use it. I consider it the second station & in the winter the dedicated 160 station.

XE1/N5AL
09-24-2012, 08:05 PM
I prefer to think of my half-wave dipole as a quarter-wave monopole and its backup. :)

kf0rt
09-24-2012, 08:14 PM
Saw this ad, "Flex 1500 - Virtually NEW condition. I purchased this on August 1, 2011 direct

Back-up rig? What is the deal here, hams cannot be without a rig for a few days?

Some rich folks have backup airplanes and yachts.

Whut are you, unAmerican?

Thanks for the reminder, though. I'm off to check the backup TP supply.

W8XLR
09-24-2012, 08:15 PM
I have several backup rigs, but mostly just because I like radios and find it enjoyable to collect them. If you don't like radios, why bother being a ham?

This is my reasoning as well...

Burt, say for example your Flex 5000 crashes (heaven forbid) in mid QSO with an extremely rare DX entity - like North Korea. Would you not like having a spare piece of equipment to fall back on and complete that once in a lifetime contact?

K7SGJ
09-24-2012, 08:18 PM
Nah, he's got a life.

XE1/N5AL
09-24-2012, 08:21 PM
I'm off to check the backup TP supply.At my place, each bathroom has two TP dispensers (by the builder's design, not mine). The backup comes in handy 'cuz you don't have to search around the house, pants still around the ankles, with a job half-finished!

kf0rt
09-24-2012, 08:26 PM
At my place, each bathroom has two TP dispensers (by the builder's design, not mine). The backup comes in handy when you don't have to run around the house, pants still around the ankles, with a job half-finished!

I've found that it really pays to look before you squat.

As for hobbies... It is what it is. Got a few rigs here, but never considered it to be a "backup thing." The camera stuff appears to be breeding, however.

W8XLR
09-24-2012, 08:31 PM
Nah, he's got a life.

So do I. I'm self employed with 30 years experience in HVAC, but I don't ever go to a job with just one screw driver... I have a large van PACKED with everything I could possibly need to perform ANY task. The same rationale applies to my love of wireless...

AE1PT
09-24-2012, 08:31 PM

I tried that with the main wife. She did not like it when I broke out the duct tape out and hit me really hard...

But, I really should know better than to apply duct tape to women. My first experience with that resulted in the birth of my twin sons 9 months later... :twisted:

ab1ga
09-24-2012, 08:38 PM
I tried that with the main wife. She did not like it when I broke out the duct tape out and hit me really hard...

But, I really should know better than to apply duct tape to women. My first experience with that resulted in the birth of my twin sons 9 months later... :twisted:

Saran Wrap... you're supposed to use SARAN WRAP!

k1oik
09-24-2012, 08:40 PM
This is my reasoning as well...

Burt, say for example your Flex 5000 crashes (heaven forbid) in mid QSO with an extremely rare DX entity - like North Korea. Would you not like having a spare piece of equipment to fall back on and complete that once in a lifetime contact?
You need to read the Op-ed column in this month's QST
Why would I care about a 30 second contact with North Korea when every night I talk to Vietnam for 90 minutes with conversation going from culture to idioms?

kf0rt
09-24-2012, 08:41 PM

You're doing it wrong. :mrgreen:

XE1/N5AL
09-24-2012, 08:41 PM
What makes for the best main wife: boat anchor, solid-state or software-defined?

NQ6U
09-24-2012, 08:45 PM
Once again K1OIK demonstrates both his superiority over us mere mortals and his inability to grasp a point.

Look, Burt, this ham radio thing? It's just a hobby, see, something that is supposed to provide you some pleasure. Different people pursue this in different ways and just because someone's way is not the same as your way doesn't mean it's wrong.

KJ3N
09-24-2012, 08:55 PM
Once again K1OIK demonstrates both his superiority over us mere mortals and his inability to grasp a point.

That's because he's got his hands full trying to grasp his head to pull it out of his ass. :roll:

I suggest he'd be better off to invest in a glass navel.

k1oik
09-24-2012, 09:00 PM

Look, Burt, this ham radio thing? It's just a hobby, see, something that is supposed to provide you some pleasure. Different people pursue this in different ways and just because someone's way is not the same as your way doesn't mean it's wrong.
Where did I say it was wrong? Among the general population I am very average. In ham radio it is the one area where anyone with average social skills can be above average
By the way has Labor Day passed?

k1oik
09-24-2012, 09:03 PM
That's because he's got his hands full trying to grasp his head to pull it out of his ass. :roll:

I suggest he'd be better off to invest in a glass navel.
To be called an ass by a typical ham is a compliment

W8XLR
09-24-2012, 09:04 PM
You need to read the Op-ed column in this month's QST
Why would I care about a 30 second contact with North Korea when every night I talk to Vietnam for 90 minutes with conversation going from culture to idioms?

SKYPE is not radio, and whose to say you could not have a 90 min QSO via wireless with a North Korean if one is ever allowed to operate, without a gun to his/her head? Im an optimist. I belive this may soon happen, as all oppressive communist regimes eventually are discarded to the ash heap of history. I for one would like to have many radio contact options at hand to welcome that newly free person to the human race.

BTW, congratulations to your lovely daughter, and for your other outstanding work with young people.

VE7DCW
09-24-2012, 09:24 PM
At my place, each bathroom has two TP dispensers (by the builder's design, not mine). The backup comes in handy 'cuz you don't have to search around the house, pants still around the ankles, with a job half-finished!

2 TP dispensers .... now thats what I call real backup! :agree:

W8XLR
09-24-2012, 09:37 PM

Lightening up some now... I keep spare rolls strategicaly placed and hidden around the QTH, as well as on my vehicle... just in case...

There is no substitue or excuse for lack of prior planning...

W3WN
09-24-2012, 10:32 PM

But, I really should know better than to apply duct tape to women. My first experience with that resulted in the birth of my twin sons 9 months later... :twisted:I have only one word to say:

Kinky! :evil:

W3WN
09-24-2012, 10:36 PM
To be called an ass by a typical ham is a complimentHowever, he didn't call you an ass, and it wasn't a compliment.

W3WN
09-24-2012, 10:39 PM
Damn straight. Especially if you have a teenager in the house. Lately, we go through TP like... tissue paper... hmmm, somehow that doesn't sound quite right...

WØTKX
09-24-2012, 11:29 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRkD88wwuZk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRkD88wwuZk

N8YX
09-25-2012, 05:28 AM
I measure my backups in the dozens, and in metric tons.

But then again I spend more time modifying/repairing/restoring equipment than I do actually getting on the air, so an accumulation is to be expected.

k1oik
09-25-2012, 05:43 AM
I measure my backups in the dozens, and in metric tons.

But then again I spend more time modifying/repairing/restoring equipment than I do actually getting on the air, so an accumulation is to be expected.

My original post questioned the NEED for a backup rig as if it were critical to one's life. Having many rigs for a variety, for rebuilding, for experimentation, for modifying/repairing/restoring I do not question. Ham radio is a hobby. If your only need for an extra rig is in case the first one fails, it points to a desperation, that you have nothing else in your life to relish that you need a backup rig.
The several post about toilet paper is a critical need. Run out of that and you will need a hand?

KB3LAZ
09-25-2012, 06:04 AM

I have back up computers and I have had to use them. However, both my wife and I do NEED computers as we use them for our work. We both have a laptop and a netbook. The netbooks serve dual purposes. A: as a portable for taking to lectures and conversation classes. B: As a backup because all of our files and lectures are saved on our computers, students names, numbers, addresses, our scheduled, etc. Now, I know that is not why you asked and I do understand the difference. One is something needed for work whereas the other is something for a hobby that you can live without for a day.

PS: We keep spare toilet paper too. Never want to run out of that, ew.

As for a backup rig, I have a rig that I call a backup but you may not refer to it as the same thing. Sure, I can use it if I decide to sell off all of my gear and put together a new station (which I have done). In fact I have done this and taken a few months to find what I have wanted since I have at times used classic or vintage setups. Items I can not pick up everyday of the week. It is also kept for other reasons. For example: A friend or family member gets their ticket and wants a rig to use to get a feel for the bands before committing to buying their own. I lend it to fellow hams that go on camping trips, hunting trips, etc.

Anyway, that is why I keep spares of some things.

ab1ga
09-25-2012, 07:01 AM

Only if fully charged.

n2ize
09-25-2012, 07:07 AM
My original post questioned the NEED for a backup rig as if it were critical to one's life. Having many rigs for a variety, for rebuilding, for experimentation, for modifying/repairing/restoring I do not question. Ham radio is a hobby. If your only need for an extra rig is in case the first one fails, it points to a desperation, that you have nothing else in your life to relish that you need a backup rig.
The several post about toilet paper is a critical need. Run out of that and you will need a hand?

Of course. On your average day ham radio is not a necessity, any more than it is a necessity for me on any given day to fly a radio controlled copter or play the violin. On the other hand the need for a "backup" or a "second radio/instrument/ etc." can arise. Say in the event of an emergency where traditional communications fail and ham radio provides a vital link to cal for assistance or to coordinate things and one radio conks out. A second or "backup" radio can be pressed into service. Or, say my main violin is in the shop for repairs and adjustments and I have a concert. Having a second instrument (backup) can save the day.

On a typical day is ham radio on a par with hospital life support systems which must have backup generators, backup batteries, backup systems ? Generally no. But most hams have more than 1 radio and will use one while the other is being fixed. Take my example. If my Viking 2 goes down and I still want to get on the air I can fire up the Valiant. Or vice versa.

KB3LAZ
09-25-2012, 07:25 AM
I forgot to mention that for me AR is really a winter hobby when I can not get outside. I am not too active in the Spring or fall months as I love that time of year and I have always had a lot of overtime during the Summer months. I would not call it a necessity but in the winter I really have little else to do. I do not like driving in the snow so aside from work I do not go many places during that time.

wa6mhz
09-25-2012, 08:05 AM

I don't have 2 TP dispensers, but I DO have 2 rolls of TP in the restroom just in case one gets used up. Can't be without that INDESPENSIBLE material!!! For that would be DISASTORUS if we were to RUN OUT!! (NO, we don't have an corn cobs!)

wa6mhz
09-25-2012, 08:10 AM
I also have many many backup radios, for DXing is TOO IMPORTANT to go at it without. In fact, I have 2 rigs in the station with a coax switch, so that if one has a failure, I can immediately go to the Secondary radio. Then, I have a Kenwood TS-450S on standby should either of the 2 go down. And, I have a Heathkit SB-200 in case the Drake L7 ever fails. Can't have a situation where I might miss a call in a Pileup. There are multiple antennas and backups in that area too. I believe in being WELL PREPARED for the worst,and happy if the worst doesn't happen. Even if the power went out, I can run the station off a backup battery (but not the Kilowatt). Or if there was a TRAUMATIC Failure of everything, I can run a coax out to the Town Car and work the DX from the Icom 706 in there.

DX is TOO IMPORTANT to chance any failures!!! NOTHING is more important than DX (though Burt will greatly dispute that)

KG4NEL
09-25-2012, 08:13 AM

Woo-sah.

PA5COR
09-25-2012, 08:26 AM
Running the FT 2000-D spare radio's FT 847 Collings filters, FT 100 Collins AM filter added.
Holliday use, cleaning out the FT 2000-D and using the FT 100 daily to listen to 2/70 of as FM radio.
Since i'm home a lot the radio's are on from the early morning till i go to bed.
No doubt compensating many years i worked all day and i had no time for the hobby, or now just filling spare time, getting my mind of things.

W3WN
09-25-2012, 08:34 AM
Ever been in the middle of a nice, long ragchew & had your finals blow on you?

I had that happen once. It was a real disappointment; I was talking with another IT type down in VK, and was giving him some suggestions on an old Windows NT installation he was working on (yeah, that is dating myself a little). The room's circuit breaker popped unexpectedly; I went over & reset it, and then 2 minutes later, the finals in the T4XC gave out suddenly; I guess they decided to save the fuse in the transmitter.

At the time, I had no "backup" or alternate rig handy. The Hallicrafters station hadn't been set back up yet. So that, as they say, was that.

Was it a life changing moment? Did it change the course of world history? Of course not. It was merely frustrating and annoying.

So... someone bought a Flex as their "backup" rig. And are now selling it, probably because they have something else they prefer. Big deal. I don't see why they ought to be criticized for this, or be insulted by having their lifestyle (of which nothing is actually known) trashed, simply because of a choice of phrase.

Why, next thing you know, we'll start questioning the motives of people who feel the need to go out of their way to criticize the choices of operating styles, methods, or equipment choices of other amateurs. And we wouldn't want to do that, now, would we?

K7SGJ
09-25-2012, 08:37 AM

I'm curious why you would question anything that one does in this or any hobby. Once again, you've found a reason to attack this hobby and the ones in it. Why does a race car driver have a back up car? Why do radio control ops have back up planes, boats or cars? Why do I have a back up cordless drill/driver. Why do fishermen have spare rods and reels? Why do hams have backup radios? Who gives a shit. It's their hobby, their money, and their decision to make, not yours. It often seems that being a ham radio operator isn't your hobby, but finding fault of those in it, and how they chose to participate is.

Although there are times you post something positive about this hobby, more often then not, it is a negative posture you assume. Why not get out of radio, and find a new hobby? Maybe you could try skydiving. It really is a lot of fun, but you'll need a backup chute.

KJ3N
09-25-2012, 11:40 AM
However, he didn't call you an ass, and it wasn't a compliment.

Perhaps I should use smaller words?

W7XF
09-25-2012, 12:33 PM
<snip>I tried that with the main wife. She did not like it when I broke out the duct tape out and hit me really hard...<snip>

Pat...you're supposed to use FRICTION tape...not duct tape!!! :rofl:

W7XF
09-25-2012, 12:36 PM

I suggest he'd be better off to invest in a glass navel flock of submissive female sheep.

Made more appropriate xD

W3WN
09-25-2012, 01:10 PM
Pat...you're supposed to use FRICTION tape...not duct tape!!! :rofl:And, he forgot to duck...

W3WN
09-25-2012, 01:12 PM
Perhaps I should use smaller words?Well, IIRC, is not our esteemed creator of cartoon videos critical of many aspects of the Amateur Service a retired instructor in the Industrial Arts, and not those of higher aspirations involving classic English literature?

Oh, I guess I'd better translate that for Burt... wasn't he a wood shop instructor, not a lit or English teacher?

k1oik
09-25-2012, 04:14 PM
Of
On a typical day is ham radio on a par with hospital life support systems which must have backup generators, backup batteries, backup systems ? Generally no. But most hams have more than 1 radio and will use one while the other is being fixed. Take my example. If my Viking 2 goes down and I still want to get on the air I can fire up the Valiant. Or vice versa.

Needing a Valiant is entirely different. You can never have enough of those classics

k1oik
09-25-2012, 04:25 PM
DX is TOO IMPORTANT to chance any failures!!! NOTHING is more important than DX (though Burt will greatly dispute that)

I was called in to cover a teacher at school ( I am a sub) who was taken by ambulance while I was working Vietnam, of course I told the school nothing is more important than DX
They prevailed to come anyway, I brought my SPARE lesson plans. When I get there a little girl asked why I was a little late, so I said I needed a rare QSL card, I showed her one.
She said, "screw the QSL card" teach me.
After class she gave me hug.
The italized comments are true

Note: Children are TOO IMPORTANT to chance any failures!!! NOTHING is more important than a child (though wa6mhz will greatly dispute that)

KG4CGC
09-25-2012, 04:39 PM
No attention questionable ladies here.

W3WN
09-25-2012, 05:57 PM
I was called in to cover a teacher at school ( I am a sub) who was taken by ambulance while I was working Vietnam, of course I told the school nothing is more important than DX
They prevailed to come anyway, I brought my SPARE lesson plans. When I get there a little girl asked why I was a little late, so I said I needed a rare QSL card, I showed her one.

Note: Children are TOO IMPORTANT to chance any failures!!! NOTHING is more important than a child (though wa6mhz will greatly dispute that)Sure. I'm sure that's exactly what happened and exactly what the child said.

And that swipe at Pat was uncalled for.

N8YX
09-25-2012, 07:23 PM
Pat doesn't seem to sweat the petty stuff.

KJ3N
09-25-2012, 07:24 PM

That's Burt's job.

Petty is as petty does.

k1oik
09-25-2012, 08:29 PM
That's Burt's job.

Petty is as petty does.
Thinking anything ham radio compares with a child defies reason

k1oik
09-25-2012, 08:35 PM
Sure. I'm sure that's exactly what happened and exactly what the child said.

If you read my comment you will note that there was a comment on truth
I did not insult Pat. Anyone who says DX is more important than ANYTHING else vacates my ability to insult

W3WN
09-25-2012, 08:48 PM
If you read my comment you will note that there was a comment on truth
I did not insult Pat. Anyone who says DX is more important than ANYTHING else vacates my ability to insult
Obviously hyperbole is lost on you then.

I didn't take Pat literally, nor did (or does) anyone else, from what I understand.

Seriously suggesting that he puts DX'ing over the welfare of a child -- which you inferred (incorrectly) but which he did not actually say -- is insulting. Now, clearly he's wise enough to not say anything directly to you and further enflame the situation. But I do consider him a friend, and I don't care for seeing my friends insulted.

IMHO you owe him an apology.

KJ3N
09-25-2012, 08:49 PM

Don't hold your breath.....

W3WN
09-25-2012, 09:02 PM
Don't hold your breath.....
Not to worry. I know better. Still, it had to be said.

All I have to do is picture Pat spending the bulk of Dayton 2012 in the ARRL Expo, in the kit building area, helping kids (pre teens, teenagers, and some of us old pharts as well I might add) put their kits together, teaching them how to solder, explaining some of the theory... anyone who's witnessed Pat doing this knows full well how he feels about kids AND how he puts their interests ahead of his own. He could very easily have spent the weekend wandering the flea market and leaving little room in the Town Car for his wife to ride back. He didn't.

So I know how absurd this is. And I know the Burt owes Pat an apology. A public apology, in fact. Not that I expect it.

k1oik
09-25-2012, 09:13 PM
Obviously hyperbole is lost on you then.

I didn't take Pat literally, nor did (or does) anyone else, from what I understand.

Seriously suggesting that he puts DX'ing over the welfare of a child -- which you inferred (incorrectly) but which he did not actually say -- is insulting. Now, clearly he's wise enough to not say anything directly to you and further enflame the situation. But I do consider him a friend, and I don't care for seeing my friends insulted.

Many a truth is said in jest.
A man is known by the friends he keeps

AE1PT
09-25-2012, 09:18 PM
A man is known by the friends he keeps

My goodness Burt, you are just a cornucopia of cliches tonight... :stirpot:

W8XLR
09-25-2012, 09:21 PM

Pat seems to have a very thick skin...one that came with experience. He takes alot of grief here in cyberspace. If I had a FRACTION of his bargaining and technical skills, my QTH would be packed tight with radio "stuff" too...well, maybe not so many "twoer's"(useless).

The point is, Burt (whom I do respect) likes to stir the pot playing on age old stereotypes of amateur radio operators. I don't think it's malicious, but is his way of having internet fun by being provocative. He makes us look ourselves in the mirror - and laugh! Some deal with this better than others, depending on personality type. By responding to his commentary in defensive/counter attack mode, we only prove his point.

Fact is, sometimes when I see the mirror in the morning I think "WTF, are you shitting me?....REALLY? Then I go about my day and excel....

73, back to net control...:cool2:

k1oik
09-25-2012, 09:26 PM
Not to worry. I know better. Still, it had to be sai

So I know how absurd this is. And I know the Burt owes Pat an apology. A public apology, in fact. Not that I expect it.

Isn't Pat the same person who was at Dayton whose wife and kid was totally bored and wanted him to leave and he paid them no attention?
I do make mistakes and I do apologize but I do not apologize to ANYONE that says a truth that is reprehensible then claims it was in jest
I once had an electronics student in high school that called me the biggest asshole in the world. I told her to listen to ham radio, she apologized, in part, after listening she gave a partial apology saying the hams are worse but you are still an asshole. Ten years later Deanna apologized fully saying pushing her was what she needed

k1oik
09-25-2012, 09:29 PM
My goodness Burt, you are just a cornucopia of cliches tonight... :stirpot:

Actually these are quotes by men far wiser than I (which is not hard).

K7SGJ
09-25-2012, 09:34 PM
Pat seems to have a very thick skin...one that came with experience. He takes alot of grief here in cyberspace. If I had a FRACTION of his bargaining and technical skills, my QTH would be packed tight with radio "stuff" too...well, maybe not so many "twoer's"(useless).

The point is, Burt (whom I do respect) likes to stir the pot playing on age old stereotypes of amateur radio operators. I don't think it's malicious, but is his way of having internet fun by being provocative. He makes us look ourselves in the mirror - and laugh! Some deal with this better than others, depending on personality type. By responding to his commentary in defensive/counter attack mode, we only prove his point.

Fact is, sometimes when I see the mirror in the morning I think "WTF, are you shitting me?....REALLY? Then I go about my day and excel....

73, back to net control...:cool2:

I believe you are pretty spot on about Pat. However, I can't buy in to the rest of it. I think the other station is just an angry, lonely, miserable, old troll. That's what I get from the tone of the majority of his posts.

W8XLR
09-25-2012, 09:36 PM
Actually these are quotes by men far wiser than I (which is not hard).

Heres one: "Lighten up, Francis!"

K7SGJ
09-25-2012, 09:37 PM
Isn't Pat the same person who was at Dayton whose wife and kid was totally bored and wanted him to leave and he paid them no attention?
I do make mistakes and I do apologize but I do not apologize to ANYONE that says a truth that is reprehensible then claims it was in jest
I once had an electronics student in high school that called me the biggest asshole in the world. I told her to listen to ham radio, she apologized, in part, after listening she gave a partial apology saying the hams are worse but you are still an asshole. Ten years later Deanna apologized fully saying pushing her was what she needed

So, are you saying you're a pushy asshole?

KA9MOT
09-25-2012, 09:37 PM
Not to worry. I know better. Still, it had to be said.

All I have to do is picture Pat spending the bulk of Dayton 2012 in the ARRL Expo, in the kit building area, helping kids (pre teens, teenagers, and some of us old pharts as well I might add) put their kits together, teaching them how to solder, explaining some of the theory... anyone who's witnessed Pat doing this knows full well how he feels about kids AND how he puts their interests ahead of his own. He could very easily have spent the weekend wandering the flea market and leaving little room in the Town Car for his wife to ride back. He didn't.

That is how I feel. Pat is good in my book. I'll not post my opinion of Burt.

TESLA
09-25-2012, 09:38 PM
It's my sig line, I carry a backup cell phone, does that count?

k1oik
09-25-2012, 09:46 PM
It's my sig line, I carry a backup cell phone, does that count?
A phone is a need, a ham radio is a want

k1oik
09-25-2012, 09:50 PM
I believe you are pretty spot on about Pat. However, I can't buy in to the rest of it. I think the other station is just an angry, lonely, miserable, old troll. That's what I get from the tone of the majority of his posts.

I am not an angry, lonely, miserable, person.
Nothing in ham radio gets me angry.

k1oik
09-25-2012, 09:51 PM
So, are you saying you're a pushy asshole?

I can be

W3WN
09-25-2012, 09:53 PM
I once had an electronics student in high school that called me the biggest asshole in the world. I told her to listen to ham radio, she apologized, in part, after listening she gave a partial apology saying the hams are worse but you are still an asshole. Ten years later Deanna apologized fully saying pushing her was what she needed(1) No. For one thing, WA6BEN wasn't at Dayton. For another, his wife (whom I met) was not 'totally bored.' Pat's hyperbole on his many tall tales told over yonder not withstanding.
(2) He didn't say anything reprehensible, nor did he claim it was in jest.

Either you need to work on your reading skills, or you are deliberately being provocative. Or both. Whatever. I've said my piece.

NA4BH
09-25-2012, 09:54 PM
I can be

Oh, so you have CLPD?

W3WN
09-25-2012, 09:56 PM
So, are you saying you're a pushy asshole?I can beAll righty then.

W8XLR
09-25-2012, 09:57 PM
A phone is a need, a ham radio is a want

EMCOM operators will disagree...

k1oik
09-26-2012, 04:53 AM
Oh, so you have CLPD?

CPLD

Complex Programmable Logic Device

CPLD

Coupled

CPLD

Conseil de Prévention et de Lutte contre le Dopage (Council to Prevent and Fight Doping)

CPLD

Continuous Professional Learning and Development

CPLD

Chronische Polymorfe Licht Dermatose

CPLD

Committee on Planning and Land Development (Hong
Kong)

CPLD

Constant Positive Linear Dependence

CPLD

Chillicothe Public Library District (Chillicothe,
IL, USA)

CPLD

Cahokia Public Library District (Cahokia, IL,
USA)

CPLD

Child Protection Learning & Development

CPLD

Chronic Parenchymal Liver Disease

CPLD

Continuous Pressure Leak Detector

k1oik
09-26-2012, 05:01 AM
EMCOM operators will disagree...

Hams are reliable?

N8YX
09-26-2012, 06:13 AM
Hams are reliable?

UndertakersJump Teams are standing by.

ab1ga
09-26-2012, 07:08 AM
CPLD

Complex Programmable Logic Device

CPLD

Coupled

CPLD

Conseil de Prévention et de Lutte contre le Dopage (Council to Prevent and Fight Doping)

CPLD

Continuous Professional Learning and Development

CPLD

Chronische Polymorfe Licht Dermatose

CPLD

Committee on Planning and Land Development (Hong
Kong)

CPLD

Constant Positive Linear Dependence

CPLD

Chillicothe Public Library District (Chillicothe,
IL, USA)

CPLD

Cahokia Public Library District (Cahokia, IL,
USA)

CPLD

Child Protection Learning & Development

CPLD

Chronic Parenchymal Liver Disease

CPLD

Continuous Pressure Leak Detector

Beware dyslexia.

KA9MOT
09-26-2012, 07:45 AM
Beware dyslexia.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

NQ6U
09-26-2012, 08:57 AM
Beware dyslexia.

Dyslexics of the world UNTIE!

N8YX
09-26-2012, 09:32 AM
Dyslexics of the world UNTIE!

Oh, sure...go ahead and stay up all night wondering if there really is a DOG...

KC2UGV
09-26-2012, 10:30 AM

I have a few TV's in my house, that I can shuffle around should the need arise. Also, a deep freezer, in addition to the freezer in the kitchen. I also have about 7 computers in the house, and yes, even a backup cell phone (Or two).

Backup wives? Not I, but I'm sure some do.

I also have a backup screwdriver, and other tools in my house.

NA4BH
09-26-2012, 12:01 PM
I heard a truck make beeping noises when it backed up.

k1oik
09-26-2012, 03:15 PM
Beware dyslexia.

CLPD (https://forums.hamisland.net/term/320461)
Campaign For Labour Party Democracy
Governmental (https://forums.hamisland.net/category/GOVERNMENTAL) » Politics (https://forums.hamisland.net/acronyms/POLITICS)

CLPD (https://forums.hamisland.net/term/320463)
Cell Loss Priority Discard
Computing (https://forums.hamisland.net/category/COMPUTING) » Networking (https://forums.hamisland.net/acronyms/NETWORKING)

CLPD (https://forums.hamisland.net/term/320462)
Citizens League For Peace And Democracy
Governmental (https://forums.hamisland.net/category/GOVERNMENTAL) » Politics (https://forums.hamisland.net/acronyms/POLITICS)

CLPD (https://forums.hamisland.net/term/320457)
Center For Learning Professional Development
Miscellaneous (https://forums.hamisland.net/category/MISCELLANEOUS) » Unclassified (https://forums.hamisland.net/acronyms/UNFILED)

CLPD (https://forums.hamisland.net/term/320458)
Continuous Learning And Professional Development
Miscellaneous (https://forums.hamisland.net/category/MISCELLANEOUS) » Unclassified (https://forums.hamisland.net/acronyms/UNFILED)

CLPD (https://forums.hamisland.net/term/320459)
Conventional Low Protein Diets

CLPD (https://forums.hamisland.net/term/320460)
Centre For Learning And Professional Development

CLPD (https://forums.hamisland.net/term/352762)
Certified Lotus Principle Developer

CLPD (https://forums.hamisland.net/term/352763)
Closed Loop Power Division

k1oik
09-26-2012, 03:16 PM
I heard a truck make beeping noises when it backed up.
It was a ham at the checkout counter of Dunkin Donuts backing up

ab1ga
09-26-2012, 03:40 PM
CLPD (https://forums.hamisland.net/term/320461)
Campaign For Labour Party Democracy

CLPD (https://forums.hamisland.net/term/320463)
Cell Loss Priority Discard
Computing (https://forums.hamisland.net/category/COMPUTING) » Networking (https://forums.hamisland.net/acronyms/NETWORKING)

CLPD (https://forums.hamisland.net/term/320462)
Citizens League For Peace And Democracy

CLPD (https://forums.hamisland.net/term/320457)
Center For Learning Professional Development

CLPD (https://forums.hamisland.net/term/320458)
Continuous Learning And Professional Development

CLPD (https://forums.hamisland.net/term/320459)
Conventional Low Protein Diets

CLPD (https://forums.hamisland.net/term/320460)
Centre For Learning And Professional Development

CLPD (https://forums.hamisland.net/term/352762)
Certified Lotus Principle Developer

CLPD (https://forums.hamisland.net/term/352763)
Closed Loop Power Division

You left out Carter Lake Police Department; shame on you!

WØTKX
09-26-2012, 04:39 PM
It was a ham at the checkout counter of Dunkin Donuts backing up

Oh. You ghost writing for hamsexy now?

N8YX
09-26-2012, 04:57 PM
You left out Carter Lake Police Department; shame on you!

And CLP Dispenser:

Gotta keep those automatic weapons properly lubed.

XE1/N5AL
09-26-2012, 05:08 PM
My Google search on CLPD comes up with a law college: Colegio Latinoamericano de Postgraduados en Derecho.

XE1/N5AL
09-26-2012, 05:23 PM
Looks like this ham has a backup whacker mobile.

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/8421/10004361mn.jpg

W2NAP
09-26-2012, 05:55 PM
Looks like this ham has a backup whacker mobile.

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/8421/10004361mn.jpg

total wacker alert

bet he calls one unit 1 and the other unit 2 and his house is the "global command center"

KJ3N
09-26-2012, 06:41 PM
total wacker alert

bet he calls one unit 1 and the other unit 2 and his house is the "global command center"

Global Whacker Command Center is more like it. :roll:

W8XLR
09-26-2012, 07:14 PM
I find the whole EMCOMM/WHACKER thing as idiotic and ridiculous as any sane person should, but one must admit they are prepared (for whatever they hope to accomplish) because they have lots of BACKUPS. So, Burt, yes they are reliable.... for what practical purpose is open to debate.

KJ3N
09-26-2012, 07:28 PM
.... for what practical purpose is open to debate.

It's also open to ridicule. Some of them just scream to made fun of.

W8XLR
09-26-2012, 07:37 PM
It's also open to ridicule. Some of them just scream to made fun of.

This is true.... Hamsexy is a treasure trove of goofy whacker comedy:snicker:

KG4NEL
09-26-2012, 07:42 PM
I am not an angry, lonely, miserable, person.
Nothing in ham radio gets me angry.

http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy143/CLSCOW/5156_zpsee3ce696.png

KG4CGC
09-26-2012, 08:30 PM

WØTKX
09-26-2012, 08:46 PM
I was called in to cover a teacher at school ( I am a sub) ...

Have you, or have you ever been, a backup?

W8XLR
09-26-2012, 09:12 PM
Have you, or have you ever been, a backup?

Good question...

SUBSTITUTE, as defined by Websters: "A person or thing serving or used in place of another".
:wtf:

AKA, "backup"

KG4NEL
09-26-2012, 09:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doETiUZOkL4

NA4BH
09-26-2012, 09:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eswQl-hcvU0

NA4BH
09-26-2012, 09:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doETiUZOkL4

I would say "Great minds", but I don't want to pull you down like that. LOL

KG4CGC
09-26-2012, 09:41 PM

WØTKX
09-26-2012, 09:54 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-jsEwc20pVwA/ThXGWLGgPgI/AAAAAAAAEIA/d14gw7AjcTU/s1600/Irony+2.jpg

P.S. Glad to see the Corsair is still in it's rightful place. :yes:

NA4BH
09-26-2012, 11:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd2B6SjMh_w

k1oik
09-27-2012, 03:47 AM
Good question...

SUBSTITUTE, as defined by Websters: "A person or thing serving or used in place of another".
:wtf:

AKA, "backup"

Some backups are necessary. Ham radio and everything to do with it is a want, not a need

W3WN
09-27-2012, 07:23 AM
7401I thought you were going to sell that Corsair? Very glad to see you didn't!

KB3LAZ
09-27-2012, 07:26 AM

Awe, cute kitty cats.

WN9HJW
09-27-2012, 08:07 AM
That one on the left has kind of sinister look. It's the "Get that friggin camera out of my face or I'll use your bed as a litter box" look.

KG4CGC
09-27-2012, 10:08 AM
The one on the left is still a young'un and Miss Amber is 2.

The Corsair, serious inquiries were non existent. Tire kickers abound.

WØTKX
09-27-2012, 10:16 AM
Some backups are necessary. Ham radio and everything to do with it is a want, not a need

OK, "Backup Burt" it is. :bowdown:

wa6mhz
09-27-2012, 10:16 AM

OH THOSE PUSSES!!!!

wa6mhz
09-27-2012, 10:19 AM
Here is what Penelope did to some boxes in the radio area.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7223/7165121536_49e80dd162_c.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7070/6820807242_5461c9e7b7_c.jpg

She could do that to my SKIN too! I BETTER never make her MAD!!!

N8YX
09-27-2012, 11:25 AM
The Corsair, serious inquiries were non existent. Tire kickers abound.
I'm seriously looking for a loaded Corsair II if anyone with such a rig happens across this post.

It'll serve as a backup to my (forthcoming) Omni V, which is itself a backup to an Omni VI/Opt 3. The Paragon IIs in the shack are backups for the FT-980s...or is that the other way around?

Speaking of Yaesus: The '980 can accommodate a transverter such as the FTV-901r after it has been appropriately modified for use with the radio. Given two of those in the shack, it now looks as if the four FT-726Rs are becoming somewhat redundant...even though one of each "pair" is set up with HF/2/432/Sat module/CW filter and the other with 6/2/440/tone encoder. Hmmm...may have to convert a 'backup' 432 module to 222 and a 'backup' 6M module to 4M. RX only, of course.

KG4NEL
09-27-2012, 11:47 AM
I would say "Great minds", but I don't want to pull you down like that. LOL

:bbh:

N7YA
09-30-2012, 07:05 AM

Why not? You never have just one opinion, or one video, or one enemy. You hoard these things like a crazy cat lady.

N7YA
09-30-2012, 07:09 AM

Note: Children are TOO IMPORTANT to chance any failures!!! NOTHING is more important than a child (though wa6mhz will greatly dispute that)

Bullshit. I call bullshit! You have made up this story before but with different players...Burt, i will call you an ass and feel good about doing that.

N8YX
09-30-2012, 10:39 AM
Bullshit. I call bullshit! You have made up this story before but with different players...Burt, i will call you an ass and feel good about doing that.
Shit just got real.

WØTKX
09-30-2012, 10:41 AM
And he didn't even have to research USENET archives.

NQ6U
09-30-2012, 10:44 AM
Note: Children are TOO IMPORTANT to chance any failures!!! NOTHING is more important than a child

Meh. Children are easy to make. Fun, too.

KG4NEL
09-30-2012, 10:47 AM
Meh. Children are easy to make.

Too easy... :shifty:

wa6mhz
09-30-2012, 01:27 PM
Too easy... :shifty:

They are FUN to make too. But, if anything goes wrong, you are stuck with 18 years worth of PAYMENTS!

wa6mhz
09-30-2012, 01:33 PM
Speaking of BACKUPS, my Kenwood TS-450S and TS-830S are going to get some SERIOUS USE next Weekend in the California QSO Party. The nice thing about this is no radios have to be DISTURBED in the main radio shack. If anything happens to the Kenwoods, I am NOT off the air, which would be a TRADGEDY!! TOO much serious DX to be worked. Coming up this week is the ZD9 DXpedition which will be an ALL TIME NEW ONE for me if I can score it. So that is IMPERATIVE that I get in the log on that one!!!!! My whole life DEPENDS on it!!! And the Kenwoods are nice enough radios that the operation will go nicely with them and my BACKUP Heathkit SB-230 Kilowatt, which is a BACKUP to the BACKUP SB-200!

I should have bought that Swan 1200X I saw at Chino Hills for $125 a few weeks back, so I would have a BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!

K7SGJ
09-30-2012, 01:43 PM
Speaking of BACKUPS, my Kenwood TS-450S and TS-830S are going to get some SERIOUS USE next Weekend in the California QSO Party. The nice thing about this is no radios have to be DISTURBED in the main radio shack. If anything happens to the Kenwoods, I am NOT off the air, which would be a TRADGEDY!! TOO much serious DX to be worked. Coming up this week is the ZD9 DXpedition which will be an ALL TIME NEW ONE for me if I can score it. So that is IMPERATIVE that I get in the log on that one!!!!! My whole life DEPENDS on it!!! And the Kenwoods are nice enough radios that the operation will go nicely with them and my BACKUP Heathkit SB-230 Kilowatt, which is a BACKUP to the BACKUP SB-200!

I should have bought that Swan 1200X I saw at Chino Hills for $125 a few weeks back, so I would have a BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!

If you backup any farther, you'll be in the Pacific.

k1oik
09-30-2012, 02:22 PM

I will take your quote and give you a hole to put with your profanity
I suppose I made up this picture7445
Yes it was difficult to change my hand writing several times

KG4CGC
09-30-2012, 02:46 PM
You can make these all day in teh inturwebz.

WØTKX
09-30-2012, 03:08 PM
Burt , I've heard from more than one source that you are nicer in person than the online personality you have cultivated. Perhaps, but I wonder about your motivation to project the persona you do. And your insistence that your students all but worship the ground you walk on... Such as evidenced by your post of the whiteboard.

I call bullshit. I call narcissism. Your students seem to be your narcissistic supply.

http://emilymullaswilson.wordpress.com/2011/11/08/the-teacher-as-narcissist/

As a former (possibly future) teacher, I recognize this as a common issue with teachers.

Are you another Sam Vaknin? Google that name, if you dare. :roll:

k1oik
09-30-2012, 04:38 PM
They are FUN to make too. But, if anything goes wrong, you are stuck with 18 years worth of PAYMENTS!

I do not view children that way.

N7YA
09-30-2012, 04:40 PM
I will take your quote and give you a hole to put with your profanity
I suppose I made up this picture7445
Yes it was difficult to change my hand writing several times

Quote anything you like, Napolean. I am comfortable in my own skin, you are not. I can use profanity if i like, you hurl insults then fall back to the fort yelling "YOU HAVE A DIRTY MOUTH, WAAAAHHHH!". You are a damaged and insignificant child trapped in an old mans body. You are socially retarded.

Burt, im going to level with you, i dont like you at all. Nobody likes you, thats a well known fact. You profess that only children like you which means nobody in the adult world likes you. You dont like you as evidenced by your pretending to like yourself too much. I dont believe those kids give a shit about you either, you are a sub, and i question that. I will continue to use profanity because i am a grownup....fuck, fuck, fuckity, fuck. See? I am still a good husband, father and contestor. I see jerkasses like you all the time, the problem here is that you...and your mere 121 posts, have managed to soil yet another website i really enjoy with your vitriolic spew, stunted adulthood and deeply rooted insecurities.

Now, on to your posterboard.

All the O's start and finish at the top. "Call Me" is in several places...no child EVER tells their substitute teacher to "call them"...ever! All the lower case T's are the same, all the E's are the same, all the lower case A's are the same. all the lower case I's are the same. Shall i go on?

Theres something fishy about you, old man. :chin:

k1oik
09-30-2012, 04:42 PM
You can make these all day in teh inturwebz.

Some get on my butt because they think I am an ass but when I post something to defend myself I am accused of bragging
I am sure you can find some of my former high school students that think I was the biggest ass in the world.
The strange thing is some who said exactly that have since thanked me for pushing them.

KJ3N
09-30-2012, 04:45 PM
NSFW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jo2Y4PzTCOc

KJ3N
09-30-2012, 04:45 PM
NSFW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6wOt2iXdc4

KG4CGC
09-30-2012, 04:53 PM
Some get on my butt because they think I am an ass but when I post something to defend myself I am accused of bragging
I am sure you can find some of my former high school students that think I was the biggest ass in the world.
The strange thing is some who said exactly that have since thanked me for pushing them.

No. You are being accused of being disingenuous on the internet. Usually it's no big deal but, if you're such a great guy in real life, why would you want to be an ass on the net? I know. Role playing can be kind of fun. Tell me, do you enjoy gladiator movies?

k1oik
09-30-2012, 04:54 PM
Burt , I've heard from more than one source that you are nicer in person than the online personality you have cultivated. Perhaps, but I wonder about your motivation to project the persona you do. And your insistence that your students all but worship the ground you walk on... Such as evidenced by your post of the whiteboard.

I call bullshit. I call narcissism. Your students seem to be your narcissistic supply.

http://emilymullaswilson.wordpress.com/2011/11/08/the-teacher-as-narcissist/

As a former (possibly future) teacher, I recognize this as a common issue with teachers.

Are you another Sam Vaknin? Google that name, if you dare. :roll:

There are former high school students that think I was a total jerk. If I was a narcissistic type would I even tell you that?
I have many hams that think the same. I of course make many mistakes and can be quite the jerk so if I admit that does that fit within the narcissistic profile.
As as high school teacher I was quite average, is that narcissistic? However as a high school teacher I excelled at getting good work ethic out of kids.
As a retired teacher, but as a sub I do excel. In softball my skills are so mediocre they put me on a low level team, is that narcissistic to admit that.
So when I am attacked and defend myself here then I am narcissistic?
When I hike I am the last one up the mountain.
So since I am quite average to below average I seek a place (ham radio) where I am outnumbered by those with less social skills

KG4CGC
09-30-2012, 04:58 PM
I will say that I enjoyed the last 2 vids you posted here about the hamfest and the Flex radio. Informative and pleasant.

k1oik
09-30-2012, 05:03 PM
Quote anything you like, Napolean. I am comfortable in my own skin, you are not. I can use profanity if i like, you hurl insults then fall back to the fort yelling "YOU HAVE A DIRTY MOUTH, WAAAAHHHH!". You are a damaged and insignificant child trapped in an old mans body. You are socially retarded.

Burt, im going to level with you, i dont like you at all. Nobody likes you, thats a well known fact. You profess that only children like you which means nobody in the adult world likes you. You dont like you as evidenced by your pretending to like yourself too much. I dont believe those kids give a shit about you either, you are a sub, and i question that. I will continue to use profanity because i am a grownup....fuck, fuck, fuckity, fuck. See? I am still a good husband, father and contestor. I see jerkasses like you all the time, the problem here is that you...and your mere 121 posts, have managed to soil yet another website i really enjoy with your vitriolic spew, stunted adulthood and deeply rooted insecurities.

Now, on to your posterboard.

All the O's start and finish at the top. "Call Me" is in several places...no child EVER tells their substitute teacher to "call them"...ever! All the lower case T's are the same, all the E's are the same, all the lower case A's are the same. all the lower case I's are the same. Shall i go on?

Theres something fishy about you, old man. :chin:
Nobody likes me? Who appointed you to voice the opinions of all?
Please do not use a word no decent woman would ever do with you.
No good father would use the words you have used. A father is a role model, how is, " i am a grownup....fuck, fuck, fuckity, fuck" that being an adult?
To be thought an ass by you, disliked by you is a compliment.
Examine the following, see if the grammar sounds like me. I have many more similar

Teacher Recognition
There are many teachers that have made a major impact on my life, and how I think. My 8th grade math teacher used to play games with us so we could remember the math formulas better. I couldn’t stand math until 8th grade. There also was my 7th grade social studies teacher how only assigned essays for work. I couldn’t stand it then but now its so easy to write a paper. But there’s only one teacher that stands out above the rest. This teacher of mine helped me be more aggressive in getting what I wanted; he taught me to stand up for myself in many situations weather it was against a student or even a teacher; and he wanted me to never let anything get in my way of reaching my goals. He was a very strict teacher and wanted things done before they were due. He rarely thought of me as a student some one lower then himself because he always treated me like an adult, someone who could do things on their own. Another thing that made him a great teacher was that he was always straight forward with everything. If something was good he’d tell you and if it was crap then he’d let you know and make sure you still get it done before the deadline. He was also one of the few teachers that actually listens to his students and took action to what they had to say. Recently I asked to have some allotted time out of shop to so the Horticulture Banquet video and Promotional video for the school. He has done everything he could to get me that time that I needed because he knew that I would use the time wisely. Sometimes we would argue on what music to use in the video or what footage to use but he never said I’m the teacher it’s my way or a zero for the day. We would always come to a compromise.
If you don’t already know, I would like to thank you, Mr. Fisher, for taking the time to help me recognize my talent and improve upon it. As well as supporting me on all my videos and any pieces of work that I’ve done, and for speaking up for me when no one would listen. You always left me alone when I needed to be and respected me more the most teachers. Even though everyone else can’t get along with you and says you made high school hell for them, I have to say thank you for making my high school experience sane and on common ground. Even though some of the shots you made me get were annoying, and the music you thought would work, was completely wrong, and even the bickering and hinting to me you wanting cookies, got kind of long, but you still made it a fun experience and something I’ll never forget. Thank you again.

k1oik
09-30-2012, 05:08 PM
No. You are being accused of being disingenuous on the internet. Usually it's no big deal but, if you're such a great guy in real life, why would you want to be an ass on the net? I know. Role playing can be kind of fun. Tell me, do you enjoy gladiator movies?

The one fault I do not have is truth. I never lie.
I do not role play. I am sincere here. I may be an ass, but an honest one.
I do not like gladiator movies. I like Hallmark movies, Lifetime movies that have happy endings
For the last month each night for 2 hours I am on Skype helping a girl in Vietnam speak English.

N7YA
09-30-2012, 05:09 PM
There are former high school students that think I was a total jerk. If I was a narcissistic type would I even tell you that?
I have many hams that think the same. I of course make many mistakes and can be quite the jerk so if I admit that does that fit within the narcissistic profile.
As as high school teacher I was quite average, is that narcissistic? However as a high school teacher I excelled at getting good work ethic out of kids.
As a retired teacher, but as a sub I do excel. In softball my skills are so mediocre they put me on a low level team, is that narcissistic to admit that.
So when I am attacked and defend myself here then I am narcissistic?
When I hike I am the last one up the mountain.
So since I am quite average to below average I seek a place (ham radio) where I am outnumbered by those with less social skills

That entire post was narcissistic! Every single line was about you, then you have the audacity, with the sigline you have at the bottom, to claim defense because you are being attacked??

Theres you falling back to the fort again, just like i said.

N7YA
09-30-2012, 05:10 PM
I do not like gladiator movies. I like Hallmark movies, Lifetime movies that have happy endings
For the last month each night for 2 hours I am on Skype helping a girl in Vietnam speak English.

There it is again...you are twisted.

N7YA
09-30-2012, 05:11 PM
Nobody likes me? Who appointed you to voice the opinions of all?
Please do not use a word no decent woman would ever do with you.
No good father would use the words you have used. A father is a role model, how is, " i am a grownup....fuck, fuck, fuckity, fuck" that being an adult?
To be thought an ass by you, disliked by you is a compliment.
Examine the following, see if the grammar sounds like me. I have many more similar

Teacher Recognition
There are many teachers that have made a major impact on my life, and how I think. My 8th grade math teacher used to play games with us so we could remember the math formulas better. I couldn’t stand math until 8th grade. There also was my 7th grade social studies teacher how only assigned essays for work. I couldn’t stand it then but now its so easy to write a paper. But there’s only one teacher that stands out above the rest. This teacher of mine helped me be more aggressive in getting what I wanted; he taught me to stand up for myself in many situations weather it was against a student or even a teacher; and he wanted me to never let anything get in my way of reaching my goals. He was a very strict teacher and wanted things done before they were due. He rarely thought of me as a student some one lower then himself because he always treated me like an adult, someone who could do things on their own. Another thing that made him a great teacher was that he was always straight forward with everything. If something was good he’d tell you and if it was crap then he’d let you know and make sure you still get it done before the deadline. He was also one of the few teachers that actually listens to his students and took action to what they had to say. Recently I asked to have some allotted time out of shop to so the Horticulture Banquet video and Promotional video for the school. He has done everything he could to get me that time that I needed because he knew that I would use the time wisely. Sometimes we would argue on what music to use in the video or what footage to use but he never said I’m the teacher it’s my way or a zero for the day. We would always come to a compromise.
If you don’t already know, I would like to thank you, Mr. Fisher, for taking the time to help me recognize my talent and improve upon it. As well as supporting me on all my videos and any pieces of work that I’ve done, and for speaking up for me when no one would listen. You always left me alone when I needed to be and respected me more the most teachers. Even though everyone else can’t get along with you and says you made high school hell for them, I have to say thank you for making my high school experience sane and on common ground. Even though some of the shots you made me get were annoying, and the music you thought would work, was completely wrong, and even the bickering and hinting to me you wanting cookies, got kind of long, but you still made it a fun experience and something I’ll never forget. Thank you again.

......again, bullshit. You are a fake.

KJ3N
09-30-2012, 05:12 PM
Tell me, do you enjoy gladiator movies?

:rofl:

KG4CGC
09-30-2012, 05:17 PM

Perhaps I don't know you well enough to judge. I can only go by what I've seen here and for the last few years on QRZ.

k1oik
09-30-2012, 05:21 PM
NSFW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jo2Y4PzTCOc
The sad thing Carlin has some points about structure and safety that is all too true.
Thanks for posting, it was funny

NQ6U
09-30-2012, 05:27 PM

Egotism is the anesthetic that numbs the pain of mediocrity.

k1oik
09-30-2012, 05:28 PM
......again, bullshit. You are a fake.

You want me to post more obviously
every time you accuse me of writing my own letters, I will post more until this thread is locked
Here are some comments that students wrote about me in my copy of the yearbook:
(without spelling or ANY corrections)
Mr. Burt Fisher:
These past two years I have spent with you have been very
special to me. I have enjoyed your company very much. Even though Mr.
Helms is always really nice & never yells but he hasn't done for me what
you have so therefor you simply have to be my favorite teacher. Most of
my friends would smack me for saying that but it just goes to show you
that the obviously don't know you very well at all. Thank you for
teaching me all you know I don't think I'd know what I'd want to do for
a career without the knowledge you bestowed on me. As you wrote to me
I'll write to you: I will always remember you as long as I like. I mean
live. Try not to be so grumpy. I will see you this summer. I expect it
to be fun. Stay in touch. Call me anytime. Don't worry, I'll comeback.

Always (female) (phone number)
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Heh, heh, Mr. Burt !
Mr. Fisher
I told you how I feel about you. You have been an
important part of my life. I have to say I glad that everything that
happened, happened. YOUR a good man, I know you know that, but I'm sure
lots of students in the following years will tell you otherwise. DON"T
LISTEN TO THEM! THEY SUCK!
male student
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Mr. Burt E. Fisher,
First I'd like to say thank you for 4 great years of Shop &
Theory. I have to admit that at first I thought you were a complete
jerk. But after spending a lot of time with you I came to know you
better & I got to like you. I hope that we NEVER lose touch with each
other, so I'll be talking to you often. You played a big part in my life
& I hope I did in yours as well. I Also want you to know that I consider
you a fairly good friend. If you need a favor of me, just ask and it's
done as long as it's within my capabilities. God knows you did a lot of
favors for me. So have a great, healthy, fun filled life, and don't
forget to keep in touch. See you 'round!!!
Male Student
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

N7YA
09-30-2012, 05:32 PM
Oh my god!

Burt, for the good of those you come in contact with, get help!

WØTKX
09-30-2012, 05:44 PM
The chance of this thread being locked is very low.

Carry on...

N7YA
09-30-2012, 05:49 PM
:lol:

Burt has reminded me to realize just how good my life is and how bad it can get with age if left unchecked, a warning to the wise, if you will.

So you know what? Its a beautiful day outside, i'm going to take my son (who doesn't need to write long, fabricated letters praising me) up to the mountains behind the house and take some nice photos of nature, flowers and trees. Ill see you guys later tonight. :)

W8XLR
09-30-2012, 06:03 PM
Burt, you may be an exellent teacher, but your also a text book agitator that thrives on negativity in respect to amateur radio. Every aspect of life has douche bags and goof balls in the mix, not just radio operators... welcome to Planet Earth! If you think we suck, you should try golf...

BTW, I like zombie movies. I can hardly wait for the new season of "Walking Dead" to start on AMC.

W3WN
09-30-2012, 06:25 PM
For the last month each night for 2 hours I am on Skype helping a girl in Vietnam speak English.Hmmm. Now why does this seem vaguely familiar?

Let's see, let's see... oh, yes:
And you can believe me, because I never lie and I'm always right. So wake up! ( slap and baby crying) And take a look at your only logical choice. Me. George TirebiterThus, one can conclude that Burt is telling the truth... but only if he used to teach at Morse Science High, before it disappeared...

[and if your QTH is not on the Islets of Langerhans, that's courtesy of Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers by The Firesign Theatre]

NQ6U
09-30-2012, 07:08 PM

Burt has reminded me to realize just how good my life is and how bad it can get with age if left unchecked, a warning to the wise, if you will.

So you know what? Its a beautiful day outside, i'm going to take my son (who doesn't need to write long, fabricated letters praising me) up to the mountains behind the house and take some nice photos of nature, flowers and trees. Ill see you guys later tonight. :)

Roger that. I went out to the shack and made three 10m QSOs on the TR-7 in ten minutes without really trying: Cuba, Mexico City and...Arkansas. Beats Burt Bashing, no matter how alliterative that may be.

k1oik
09-30-2012, 07:29 PM
Oh my god!

Burt, for the good of those you come in contact with, get help!
I need to get help and you are the one that gets off on using gutter language?
You are the one with a potty mouth that sets that as an example for children.
Profanity does have a place when used rarely and in extreme circumstances

k1oik
09-30-2012, 07:32 PM
Burt, you may be an exellent teacher, but your also a text book agitator that thrives on negativity in respect to amateur radio. Every aspect of life has douche bags and goof balls in the mix, not just radio operators... welcome to Planet Earth! If you think we suck, you should try golf...

BTW, I like zombie movies. I can hardly wait for the new season of "Walking Dead" to start on AMC.
You have a point about golf, but at least they get off their butts and do not cackle CQ Contest
I do recognize hams are generally of good character, intelligent and some even use the hobby for what it is intended for

k1oik
09-30-2012, 07:35 PM
Roger that. I went out to the shack and made three 10m QSOs on the TR-7 in ten minutes without really trying: Cuba, Mexico City and...Arkansas. Beats Burt Bashing, no matter how alliterative that may be.
In the three "QSOs" you had to you ask about culture, their families or did you just lie and say 59 and the best to your family, your friends and near and far relatives? Did your "73" actually take longer than the meat of your contact?

k1oik
09-30-2012, 07:38 PM

Carry on...

Other threads I have been involved in got locked faster than this.
I am all for free speaking.
You must feel I am on the short end and enjoying the negative comments?

W3WN
09-30-2012, 08:17 PM
Other threads I have been involved in got locked faster than this.
< snip > I think that's called a "hint." Maybe you should heed it.

Of course, those types of locks don't happen here that often. But this isn't... well, let's not give the appearance of site bashing, as that is not the intention. Suffice to say, if you haven't figured that out yet, you're missing out.

< snip >
You must feel I am on the short end and enjoying the negative comments?Well, aren't you?

W2NAP
09-30-2012, 08:31 PM
k1oik ur 59 indiana 73

suddenseer
09-30-2012, 09:36 PM
And he didn't even have to research USENET archives.http://rlv.zcache.com/img/imt-prd/pd-148044169903074104/isz-m/at-238560305421145726/realview.jpg?urbanword_txt=I%20Resemble%20That%20R emark%20&urbanimage_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.urbandictionary.co m%2Fproducts.image.php%3Fdefid%3D2439435%26revisio n%3D9de95e6a8e395dce3588c33c2a60f662d18d753b

WØTKX
09-30-2012, 09:55 PM
Well, aren't you?

Attention is required, positive or negative.

http://rlv.zcache.com/img/imt-prd/pd-148044169903074104/isz-m/at-238560305421145726/realview.jpg?urbanword_txt=I%20Resemble%20That%20R emark%20&urbanimage_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.urbandictionary.co m%2Fproducts.image.php%3Fdefid%3D2439435%26revisio n%3D9de95e6a8e395dce3588c33c2a60f662d18d753b

Bwaaaaa! :rofl:

NQ6U
09-30-2012, 10:07 PM
In the three "QSOs" you had to you ask about culture, their families or did you just lie and say 59 and the best to your family, your friends and near and far relatives? Did your "73" actually take longer than the meat of your contact?

The Cuban and Mexican ops weren't looking for conversation, just racking up call signs. I talked with the guy from Arkansas until I got a phone call from the XYL asking me to bring the grandchildren over to their aunt's house.

N7YA
10-01-2012, 01:01 AM
I need to get help and you are the one that gets off on using gutter language?
You are the one with a potty mouth that sets that as an example for children.
Profanity does have a place when used rarely and in extreme circumstances

Ok, im home now. Got some great shots...what an awesome trip up the mountain. Its those kinds of road trips with my son that really mean something. We got to talk and he told me about his girlfriend, his big soccer game tomorrow against a rival school. Just being a dad and his son.

Oh yeah, hey Burt........fuck. :lol:

Yep, still no kids on this forum...anywhere...except you. Massive fail.

n2ize
10-01-2012, 05:54 AM
I'm seriously looking for a loaded Corsair II if anyone with such a rig happens across this post.

A Corsair ??? Contact this guy..

http://www.gcpower.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Corsair.jpg

N7YA
10-01-2012, 06:03 AM
If you run across a P-61 Black Widow, let me know! Or a Connie...i would love to fly in either one of those.

n2ize
10-01-2012, 06:04 AM

It depends. I remember being in a remote wilderness area and ham radio becoming a "need" when we by random chance encountered serious trouble along a mountain lake shadowed by mountains at dusk. The only savior was a 2 meter FM handie talkie with a rapidly dying battery that was able to reach a repeater almost 100 miles away in another state. The one reassuring thing was that my friend has his HT with a fully charged battery in his backpack should my battery have died before the mission was completed. Backup eh ?? Fortunately all worked well, help arrived thanks to a phone call from a lone ham well over 100 miles away alerted by radio.. This was long before widespread cell phone coverage and 3G/4G networks. And, I wouldn't be surprised if there is still no cell phone coverage there.

Point being, ham radio can be many things depending on circumstance.

I don't like contesting either. I simply click the off switch. Works great every time.

k1oik
10-01-2012, 06:31 AM
Oh yeah, hey Burt........fuck. :lol:

I am impressed by your vocabulary

N7YA
10-01-2012, 06:43 AM
Narcissist. Nothing more.

N8YX
10-01-2012, 06:49 AM
If you run across a P-61 Black Widow, let me know! Or a Connie...i would love to fly in either one of those.
I flew ON (not "in") a Connie this morning - backroads shakedown cruise after its 15Kmi servicing. Another on the way home from work this evening, a post-ride oil change and it'll be good to go for the winter riding season.

There's radio gear aboard. Pics of cockpit forthcoming a bit later.

N7YA
10-01-2012, 06:57 AM
Oooh! Me likey! I know there is ONE airworthy P-61 currently being restored...dont know what the odds of getting into that seat would be, but ill pay it! I hear there are about 9 flying Connies right now, does that sound about right?

k1oik
10-01-2012, 07:04 AM
Narcissist. Nothing more.
Here is a comment that defies your allegation (from a student who reminded me of some hams (he rarely bathed)
"One incident, Mr. Fisher I lost my respect for you the day you made the comment about pigs flying before I would have the intelligence to get my A+ certification. That sticks in the back of my head along with all the other feelings I have that tell me I can't do it."

In the end he actually turned out pretty successful and proved me wrong. Of course my insult spurred him to prove me wrong which was my intent.

KC2UGV
10-01-2012, 07:24 AM
Here is a comment that defies your allegation (from a student who reminded me of some hams (he rarely bathed)
"One incident, Mr. Fisher I lost my respect for you the day you made the comment about pigs flying before I would have the intelligence to get my A+ certification. That sticks in the back of my head along with all the other feelings I have that tell me I can't do it."

In the end he actually turned out pretty successful and proved me wrong. Of course my insult spurred him to prove me wrong which was my intent.

No Burt. He exceeded in spite of you, not because of you. You tore down a child, because it made you feel good, and that is one of the sickest things I've read that you've written.

God forbid one of my children ever have you as a teacher. You'd be out on your ass so fast, you wouldn't know what happened.

W3WN
10-01-2012, 07:55 AM
A Corsair ??? Contact this guy..

http://www.gcpower.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Corsair.jpgFor some reason, I am reminded of this immortal line:

A P-31? How did that get in the race?Now, let's see how many of you recognize the line & the source. I'll give you a hint: Beetlebaum!

N7YA
10-01-2012, 08:00 AM
No Burt. He exceeded in spite of you, not because of you. You tore down a child, because it made you feel good, and that is one of the sickest things I've read that you've written.

God forbid one of my children ever have you as a teacher. You'd be out on your ass so fast, you wouldn't know what happened.

Yeah, i agree. Burt, you are fucked up. You think trying to pick on me for a few dirty words is having any affect whatsoever? Nothing comes close to how banged up your dirty, broken soul is. You sick old fuck. You are the very thing you hate. You, and you alone....which is what you shall remain, alone.

KJ3N
10-01-2012, 08:09 AM
For some reason, I am reminded of this immortal line:

A P-31? How did that get in the race?

Now, let's see how many of you recognize the line & the source. I'll give you a hint: Beetlebaum!

Actually, the line is: "A P-38? How did that get in the race?"

And that other car looks very funny with all those eyes glued on it.

Dance of the Hours - Spike Jones

N7YA
10-01-2012, 08:12 AM
You guys stumped me on this one.

KJ3N
10-01-2012, 08:15 AM
You guys stumped me on this one.

It helps if you listened to Dr. Demento (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._Demento) during your teenage years. ;)

N7YA
10-01-2012, 08:21 AM
I did! Every night after school. I learned about Zappa, Tom Leher, Weird Al, Spike Jonez, DoA and a host of other weird and wonderful music from that show (King Biscuit Flower Hour was the other one i never missed, then Nightflight and Don Kirschners Rock Concert). All the holes in my brain must have let that one slip through.

Very cool show...Doc-tor Dementoooooooo! I miss shows like that.

k1oik
10-01-2012, 08:27 AM

You are so tough with your threats hiding behind a keyboard.
It made me feel good that I got him to succeed even if it meant I suffered.
Don't forget May 6
If I am the ass you allege explain:7454

N7YA
10-01-2012, 08:29 AM
"I suffered"...

N8YX
10-01-2012, 08:32 AM
You didn't suffer that.

KC2UGV
10-01-2012, 08:33 AM
You are so tough with your threats hiding behind a keyboard.
It made me feel good that I got him to succeed even if it meant I suffered.
Don't forget May 6
If I am the ass you allege explain:7454

Photoshop?

k1oik
10-01-2012, 08:34 AM
Yeah, i agree. Burt, you are fucked up. You think trying to pick on me for a few dirty words is having any affect whatsoever? Nothing comes close to how banged up your dirty, broken soul is. You sick old fuck. You are the very thing you hate. You, and you alone....which is what you shall remain, alone.

You just keep compounding your potty mouth.
It is parents like you that force teachers to give your kids the values they do not get at home.
If we were like college teachers and did not have do your job education would be better

W3WN
10-01-2012, 08:35 AM
It helps if you listened to Dr. Demento (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._Demento) during your teenage years. ;)Yes, it does.

Although to be perfectly honest, this is one I don't recall hearing on the good Dr's show; I first heard it on a "greatest hits" album.

k1oik
10-01-2012, 08:36 AM
Photoshop?

This is how good I am at Photoshop

wa6mhz
10-01-2012, 08:43 AM

My son would write a long letter about me. Only takes TWO WORDS!

"DAD SUX!"

W3WN
10-01-2012, 08:55 AM
I did! Every night after school. I learned about Zappa, Tom Leher, Weird Al, Spike Jonez, DoA and a host of other weird and wonderful music from that show (King Biscuit Flower Hour was the other one i never missed, then Nightflight and Don Kirschners Rock Concert). All the holes in my brain must have let that one slip through.

Very cool show...Doc-tor Dementoooooooo! I miss shows like that.Strictly speaking, you mean Spike Jones. Spike Jonez is a movie director, and as far as I know, unrelated.

"Weird Al" Yankovic owes his career to Dr. Demento.

N8YX
10-01-2012, 08:58 AM
This thread reminds me of Barnes & Barnes.

W3WN
10-01-2012, 08:58 AM
My son would write a long letter about me. Only takes TWO WORDS!

"DAD SUX!"Eh. All kids say that. I'm going through that phase with Little Miss Field Day right now; I went through it with my stepson 15 years ago.

Most of them grow out of it. (Most of them; not all.) What's the cliche' again? "The older I get, the smarter my parents become!"

W3WN
10-01-2012, 09:00 AM
This thread reminds me of Barnes & Barnes.Yeah, but half of them was lost in space...

N8YX
10-01-2012, 09:03 AM
Yeah, but half of them was lost in space...
Ergo, my comment. :snicker:

W3WN
10-01-2012, 09:06 AM
Ergo, my comment. :snicker:Oh, of course. I thought you were referring to their, er, greatest "hit."

Appropriate on two levels then.

N7YA
10-01-2012, 09:36 AM
You just keep compounding your potty mouth.
It is parents like you that force teachers to give your kids the values they do not get at home.
If we were like college teachers and did not have do your job education would be better

....punctuation, Burt, you need to use punctuation. Some teacher you are. Cant even land a regular gig. Spending all that time working on your Billy Graham sized autobiography with photoshopped fake letters from hundreds of thousands of "students" who you gloriously led through the battle of life and worship the very ground you angrily hobble over...and still had gobs of time to find nothing more on me than the occasional 'fuck'.

Well, asshole, i dont need to prove anything to you about my sons relationship with me. But i'm sure the police would like a word with you about your unhealthy obsession with all those kids you made up letters about, pretending they wanted you to call them.

Again, as an adult, i will speak however i like. I do not speak to children with swear words, and so far, you are the only one on this adult-only list who has a problem with it. I can do this all day AND work a contest at the same time. :lol:

N7YA
10-01-2012, 09:39 AM
Strictly speaking, you mean Spike Jones. Spike Jonez is a movie director, and as far as I know, unrelated.

I remember hearing Weird Al's debut on the show...but i must solemnly hang my head for the Spike Jones snafu.

I also must call myself out on misspelling Tom Lehrer's name. I apologize for this infraction and will research better next time. :yes:

KA9MOT
10-01-2012, 09:46 AM
I do not speak to children with swear words, and so far, you are the only one on this adult-only list who has a problem with it. I can do this all day AND work a contest at the same time. :lol:

I cuss the little bastards out all the time! :lol:

N8YX
10-01-2012, 09:49 AM
Funny thing is that the two "kids" who were/are members of this site act more grown-up than many of the adults.

WØTKX
10-01-2012, 09:51 AM
http://youtu.be/BX-oPQHyyhY

N8YX
10-01-2012, 09:54 AM
Someone have a YouTube link to the DiVinyls' most famous hit?

W3WN
10-01-2012, 09:56 AM
I remember hearing Weird Al's debut on the show...but i must solemnly hang my head for the Spike Jones snafu.

I also must call myself out on misspelling Tom Lehrer's name. I apologize for this infraction and will research better next time. :yes:Nah, it's a common enough typo. And it's an easy thing to misunderstand, considering that Spike's son tried his hand at the music field as well, as Spike Jones Jr.

I've also seen the director's name listed as Spike Jonze, just to throw another monkey wrench into the works.

And, for the record, I botched the hint. I should have typed "Feetlebaum" . Which will direct most people who do a lookup, most likely, to refer to this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Tell_Overture_(Spike_Jones_version). But that's not the source of the quote.

WØTKX
10-01-2012, 10:03 AM

I Touch Myself? I find this "cover" version amusing...

http://youtu.be/uZ5VNXIiv1c

http://youtu.be/uZ5VNXIiv1c

KA9MOT
10-01-2012, 10:03 AM

Ask and you shall recieve! After watching this I might have to go touch myself.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wv-34w8kGPM&amp;feature=colike

n2ize
10-01-2012, 11:03 AM
Strictly speaking, you mean Spike Jones. Spike Jonez is a movie director, and as far as I know, unrelated.

I remember Dr Demento but I rarely listened. I did catch some good stuff on there. My Dad introduced me to Spike Jones decades ago when he brought home a Spike Jones album. Despite all the zany stuff Spike Jones was considered a top musician / drummer. Many talented musicians worked for him as well. Strange looking character with that square chin... :lol:

n2ize
10-01-2012, 11:05 AM
Ask and you shall recieve! After watching this I might have to go touch myself.....

Philosophical Question of the Day..."Is it possible for us to touch ourselves ?"... ;)

WØTKX
10-01-2012, 11:10 AM
Only with the full activation of the bi-cameral mind. :shifty: :lol:

W2NAP
10-01-2012, 12:39 PM
this is one fucked up thread

WØTKX
10-01-2012, 12:55 PM
Almost as good as Mr. Kooky from Kananada.

Watch yermouth... Save the children. :neener:

KG4CGC
10-01-2012, 01:00 PM

potty mouth

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/--rPiGPus2hs/Tj2rVvCVeoI/AAAAAAAAFeE/ne6N1vjMXVo/s1600/jennifer-lopez-s-humongous-ass.jpg

kf0rt
10-01-2012, 01:00 PM

And now I'm wishin' for some drugs
Or a shrink to console me
But I'm never gettin' over Jolie

wa6mhz
10-01-2012, 01:30 PM
potty mouth

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/--rPiGPus2hs/Tj2rVvCVeoI/AAAAAAAAFeE/ne6N1vjMXVo/s1600/jennifer-lopez-s-humongous-ass.jpg

Surprized she didn't need 2 CHAIRS to hold that ass up! One for each cheek!

k1oik
10-01-2012, 03:38 PM
....punctuation, Burt, you need to use punctuation. Some teacher you are. Cant even land a regular gig. Spending all that time working on your Billy Graham sized autobiography with photoshopped fake letters from hundreds of thousands of "students" who you gloriously led through the battle of life and worship the very ground you angrily hobble over...and still had gobs of time to find nothing more on me than the occasional 'fuck'.

Well, asshole, i dont need to prove anything to you about my sons relationship with me. But i'm sure the police would like a word with you about your unhealthy obsession with all those kids you made up letters about, pretending they wanted you to call them.

Again, as an adult, i will speak however i like. I do not speak to children with swear words, and so far, you are the only one on this adult-only list who has a problem with it. I can do this all day AND work a contest at the same time. :lol:

AS far as my English and grammar, not good but I was an electronics teacher. Would you like your plumber to quote Shakespere or fix the crap coming out of your mouth?
My license test tested my electronics knowledge, not my writing skills.
I can't get a regular gig? I had 30 years credit and am prohibited as a condition of retirement pension to work in the public sector to exceed $12,000 a year.
You question my writing skills when the best you can come up with is potty mouth and gutter language.
To be called an asshole by you is a compliment.

k1oik
10-01-2012, 03:42 PM

Classic case of the pot calling the kettle black

n2ize
10-01-2012, 03:54 PM
Speaking of Spike Jones, there is a classic... Phhhhhhbbbbt right in der Fuhrers face".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZlFBSRrSR0

WØTKX
10-01-2012, 04:20 PM
Classic case of the pot calling the kettle black

:rofl:

Kiss kiss, kerchunk.

W2NAP
10-01-2012, 04:39 PM
for fuck sakes, enough with this "potty mouth" bullshit.

words like fuck,shit,bitch,cunt,asshole,dickhead,motherfucker ,cocksucker are just that words.

N7YA
10-01-2012, 05:16 PM
Nah, it's a common enough typo. And it's an easy thing to misunderstand, considering that Spike's son tried his hand at the music field as well, as Spike Jones Jr.

I've also seen the director's name listed as Spike Jonze, just to throw another monkey wrench into the works.

And, for the record, I botched the hint. I should have typed "Feetlebaum" . Which will direct most people who do a lookup, most likely, to refer to this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Tell_Overture_(Spike_Jones_version). But that's not the source of the quote.

Thats probably where im getting it from. Cool, i dont feel so bad. My dad used to have all those old albums that Dr Demento used to love, just sitting in his collection...wish i still had a few. Tom Lehrer was a favorite of his.

N7YA
10-01-2012, 05:23 PM
AS far as my English and grammar, not good but I was an electronics teacher. Would you like your plumber to quote Shakespere or fix the crap coming out of your mouth?
My license test tested my electronics knowledge, not my writing skills.
I can't get a regular gig? I had 30 years credit and am prohibited as a condition of retirement pension to work in the public sector to exceed $12,000 a year.
You question my writing skills when the best you can come up with is potty mouth and gutter language.
To be called an asshole by you is a compliment.

>sigh< You still here?

Good, take it as a compliment, whore, now go fuck yourself.

~ Potty Mouth.

Now where were we? P-61's, J-Lo's ass, Dr Demento...all FAR more interesting subjects than some socially retarded 1-lander who desperately needs everyones attention.

You know, i think you are a fake...you can photoshop just fine, you can make up shit, nothing you posted is verifiable and im sure as hell not going to take your word for it. All this, and you are now starting to sound like a broken record. The rest of the islanders are friends of mine, i enjoy their conversations, yours are fun until it gets old, which it has. I will continue to hijack your threads wantonly, i will have a laugh at your expense from time to time as you are a very fragile and fat, floating target, but for the time being, im getting back to more interesting subjects that you. I should have taken the hint that i was the last one left even feeding the troll.

Now, go talk to yourself.

NA4BH
10-01-2012, 05:26 PM
I saw a kid eat a booger this morning.

N7YA
10-01-2012, 05:30 PM
Gross....fuck that kid! Little motherfucking twerp! :lol:

He should learn some goddamn manners, little fucking bitch! :agree:

Booger eating cocksucker.

....fuck.

KG4CGC
10-01-2012, 05:33 PM
Maybe the kid was low on salt.

NA4BH
10-01-2012, 05:35 PM
His mother was looking at canned oysters. The kid must've been thinking about having them steamed.

K7SGJ
10-01-2012, 05:43 PM
Right seat (or better yet left) in a P-61 would be a hoot. The only way that would happen for me, if any were airworthy, would be through make-a-wish. And a sizable bribe.

Been up in a few warbirds, and I can't get enough of it. Love the feel and sound of the old radial engines.

Never found any boogers under the seats, either. Puke yes, boogers no.

n2ize
10-01-2012, 06:16 PM
Hey, gimme a novice class license. :twisted:

W3WN
10-01-2012, 07:29 PM
Hey, gimme a novice class license. :twisted:I'll make you a copy of one of mine. Complete with Ben F. Waple's signature.

... no? ...

OK, try this one then:

No, can't, but if you hum a few bars... [cue: rimshot]

Thank you, thank you very much. We're here 'till Thursday... tell you friends! Don't forget to tip your waitress (when done, please return her to her original upright positiion). Try the veal!

suddenseer
10-01-2012, 07:35 PM
Maybe the kid was low on salt.boogers have salt?

kf0rt
10-01-2012, 07:39 PM

Carry on...

Sorry, Dave.

This thing outlasted any useful discourse about two days ago.

It's now turning good people into bad people. Unlock it at will, I won't object. Your call.

WØTKX
10-02-2012, 08:22 AM
Naaa, I'll let it alone Rob. FWIW, the citizens of our "Fair Isle" have had their say.
As usual, most "get it". It's why we are here. Beats the heck out of Facebook.
Or should I say "hell". ;)

Anyway, it's become quite circular, with no logic. I'm sure it will happen again.

http://www.shoeboxblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/arguing-internet.jpg