09-22-2012, 04:10 PM
Like.

N7YA
09-22-2012, 04:52 PM
Defense contractors do NOT like.

NQ6U
09-22-2012, 08:01 PM
"Hey, I just heard that hummingbird fart!"

Seriously, in one of the World Wars, the French placed parrots at the top of the Eiffel Tower. Little fuckers have great ears and would react to the sound on incoming aircraft long before a human could. My own experience with would seem to verify this; my wife's parrot clued me in to someone trying to break into my car one night. I hated that nasty little fucker but I still rewarded him with a handful of sunflower seeds once I chased the perp off.

kb2vxa
09-22-2012, 08:17 PM
Seventy-six trombones led the big parade
With a hundred and ten cornets close at hand.
They were followed by rows and rows of the finest Sousaphones
The cream of ev'ry famous band.

n2ize
09-24-2012, 03:00 AM
Those sure are some big horns.

kb2vxa
09-24-2012, 09:39 PM
That's what she said.

W4GPL
09-24-2012, 10:30 PM
That stuff ain't got nothing on Tattoo.. De plane! De plane!

NA4BH
09-24-2012, 10:35 PM
I thought it was VIRTUOSO's ? Maybe another verse, who will ever know? :dunno:

N7YA
09-24-2012, 11:13 PM
That stuff ain't got nothing on Tattoo.. De plane! De plane!

Tattoo, those big horns, nothing...got anything on good old Radar!

kb2vxa
09-25-2012, 09:23 PM
Now look at that Shure mic behind him. I put a Motorola cartridge in mine, hooked it up to a 60W RCA VHF base radio bristling with tubes I converted to 2M and got many unsolicited FB audio reports. Oh, next time you watch The Blob with Steve McQueen take note of the police radio, yeah, that's the one.

N7YA
09-26-2012, 05:38 AM
When i was a kid, i watched the Blob. Little known Adam fact you never wanted....i was the only 5 year old taking a dump from altitude by standing on the seat because i was afraid the Blob was going to come up through the toilet and eat me. Now, i dare that sonofabitch to attack me from the business end during one of my sessions! Bring it, you blobby bastard!

K7SGJ
09-26-2012, 08:13 AM
When i was a kid, i watched the Blob. Little known Adam fact you never wanted....i was the only 5 year old taking a dump from altitude by standing on the seat because i was afraid the Blob was going to come up through the toilet and eat me. Now, i dare that sonofabitch to attack me from the business end during one of my sessions! Bring it, you blobby bastard!

For some reason your post reminded me of this:

N7YA
09-26-2012, 05:42 PM
Right, but the kid on the floor would be the blob.

By the way, when that kid grows up, he is going to be grossed out by his own pic.

K7SGJ
09-26-2012, 08:02 PM
Right, but the kid on the floor would be the blob.

By the way, when that kid grows up, he is going to be grossed out by his own pic.

Well, you know how it is with best friends. I imagine it will shake out one way or another.

kb2vxa
09-26-2012, 08:21 PM
My father's in the Army
My brother's in the Marines
My sister's on the toilet bowl
A bombing submarines

Blob trivia:
Mom and uncle Glen were born in Phoenixville, Pennsylvania and moved to Reading luckily before that hunk of red silicone ate it. The movie was also filmed on the other side of Cemetery Ridge in Valley Forge (the town, not the battlefield) and concluded in Downingtown at the Downingtown Diner where it was frozen by a bunch of kids with CO2 fire extinguishers stolen from the high school. Argue CO2 and global warming if you will but remember how it saved the world. Talk about low budget, the whole thing only cost $110,000 but that's 70mm color film for you, George Romero shot Night Of The Living Dead in a cemetery outside Pittsburgh in cheap 35mm B&W and it only cost $30,000. Here's something you won't find on Wiki, about 20 years ago I found myself at The New Downingtown Diner built on the site of the one that gooey mess ate and when I paid the check noticed the wall behind the cashier plastered with the movie stills and an 8X10 glossy promo autographed by Steve McQueen. That campy theme song recorded on the Columbia label became a number one hit and the composer David Bacharach got credit but who are the vocal group The Five Blobs? They were Bernie Knee overdubbed 5 times but who the hell was Bernie Knee???