PDA

View Full Version : So, whats for lunch?

KB3LAZ
09-21-2012, 08:13 AM
So what are you having for lunch? I made two dishes.

A fresh chicken salad:
Grilled chicken breast
Fresh mixed greens
Homemade creamy honey mustard dressing (Dijon mustard, honey, and mayo.)
Raisins
Cherry tomatoes
Croutons
Sunflower seeds
balsamic vinegar

Fresh shrimp cocktail
Fresh caught shrimp (Bought at the street market)
Cocktail sauce

Sooo, what did you have or are you having?

wa6mhz
09-21-2012, 08:19 AM
I get the SAME EXACT THING for Lunch every day. Week after week, month after month, year in and year out.

My wife cooks once a week. (Don't ALL wives only DREAM they only had to cook once a week!) So she cooks up a big pot of "Pasketti", Chinese style. Insteada long noodles, she uses macaroni shells and tubes. I did get her to cut up an Italian sausage for each one and throw it in. She uses plenty of ground beef in the Pasketti sauce and puts them all in 5 microwavable dishes which I take to work each day.

This is a change from the similar Chicken and Pasketti (using White sauce instead). Sorta Chciken Alfredo. She made that for me for maybe 6 months before I told her I was sick of it and we went back to the red Pasketti.

Meanwhile, the Cats get the same food every day too. So Dad and the cats eat alike.

It doesn't taste half bad! but then, try eating the SAME THING every day! Think I would be SICK of Prime Rib if I had to eat it every day of my life!

KB3LAZ
09-21-2012, 08:22 AM
I get the SAME EXACT THING for Lunch every day. Week after week, month after month, year in and year out.

My wife cooks once a week. (Don't ALL wives only DREAM they only had to cook once a week!) So she cooks up a big pot of "Pasketti", Chinese style. Insteada long noodles, she uses macaroni shells and tubes. I did get her to cut up an Italian sausage for each one and throw it in. She uses plenty of ground beef in the Pasketti sauce and puts them all in 5 microwavable dishes which I take to work each day.

This is a change from the similar Chicken and Pasketti (using White sauce instead). Sorta Chciken Alfredo. She made that for me for maybe 6 months before I told her I was sick of it and we went back to the red Pasketti.

Meanwhile, the Cats get the same food every day too. So Dad and the cats eat alike.

It doesn't taste half bad! but then, try eating the SAME THING every day! Think I would be SICK of Prime Rib if I had to eat it every day of my life!

My wife only cooks about twice a month. I cook three times a day. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner. This is normally 5 days a week as we go out on the weekend.

Pat, mix it up a bit! Salads are cheap and easy to make. They are good for you and if made right, very tasty.

PA5COR
09-21-2012, 09:59 AM
Lunch? 2 ham and cheese croisants with some fresh lettuce on the side ;)

W3WN
09-21-2012, 09:59 AM
I try to eat a relatively light lunch. If I'm not having leftovers, it's usually something like today... turkey sandwich on whole wheat, sugar-free jello, bag of chips or a low-sugar granola-type bar (Kashi has some great stuff), and either a Diet Dr. Pepper or a Coke Zero. Sometimes I'll throw in some hot-air unseasoned popped popcorn.

When we have fruit in the house, a nectarine or an apple may be in there as well.

If I go out, usually I get a Subway Cold-Cut (all turkey based meats) 6 inch on whole wheat, no cheese or toast, loaded with veggies (extra-heavy lettuce, onion, tomato, spinach, green pepper, bannana pepper, cucumbers, oil & light pepper but no salt).

KB3LAZ
09-21-2012, 10:04 AM
I try to eat a relatively light lunch. If I'm not having leftovers, it's usually something like today... turkey sandwich on whole wheat, sugar-free jello, bag of chips or a low-sugar granola-type bar (Kashi has some great stuff), and either a Diet Dr. Pepper or a Coke Zero. Sometimes I'll throw in some hot-air unseasoned popped popcorn.

When we have fruit in the house, a nectarine or an apple may be in there as well.

If I go out, usually I get a Subway Cold-Cut (all turkey based meats) 6 inch on whole wheat, no cheese or toast, loaded with veggies (extra-heavy lettuce, onion, tomato, spinach, green pepper, bannana pepper, cucumbers, oil & light pepper but no salt).

Well, I have gotten used to the way things are done in Spain. Breakfast here is very small, lunch is like a US dinner, and dinner is like a US lunch.

Personally, I have had a light breakfast, small snack, heavy lunch, light snack, and then light dinner every night since getting here. It was pretty much the same in the US but lunch and dinner were reversed. Part of my diet over the last year and a half has been having 5 meals a day. All of them relatively small. When I say a heavy lunch I mean about half of what most people in the US have.

Changing my eating habits to 5 times a day was a big step over 1 time a day. That change alone has helped me lose more weight than I ever expected to. My metabolic rate is much higher, I digest better, etc.

KB3LAZ
09-21-2012, 10:05 AM
Right now I am working on a Pasta salad for a family dinner tonight.

NY4Q
09-21-2012, 10:19 AM
Turkey & Cheese Sammach on Whitewheat gobbed with Spicy Mustard
Water to drink

KB3LAZ
09-21-2012, 10:21 AM
I had a glass of Cava with lunch.

K7SGJ
09-21-2012, 11:29 AM
A bag of grapes.

KB3LAZ
09-21-2012, 11:30 AM
A bag of grapes.

Ive had those days.

NQ6U
09-21-2012, 11:36 AM
Charles and I are the only real men on the Island. None of them fancy-pants sandwiches or salads for us--we ate dirt then had a rock for dessert. Hold the mayo.

KB3LAZ
09-21-2012, 12:33 PM
Charles and I are the only real men on the Island. None of them fancy-pants sandwiches or salads for us--we ate dirt then had a rock for dessert. Hold the mayo.

Yesterday I had pasta.

W5GA
09-22-2012, 09:31 PM
Salad and Zoupa Toscana at Olive Garden.

NA4BH
09-22-2012, 09:49 PM
Tomorrow will be the Boston Butt that I just took out of the smoker. Been messing with it for 10 hours, it better be good.

KG4CGC
09-22-2012, 10:37 PM

Carl and I developed the first cuneiform symbol for beer.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/bebop5/drinks/10acab82.jpg

XE1/N5AL
09-22-2012, 11:13 PM
I had a shrimp dish called "camarones zarandeados".

The recipe is here, sorry that it's in Spanish: http://chefpilaroliveros.blogspot.mx/2010/02/camarones-zarandeados.html

Ingredients:
400g unpeeled shrimp, opened butterfly-style
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup botanera sauce (Valentina brand)
1 tablespoon mustard
1/2 lime
2 tablespoons seasoning sauce (a mixture of soy sauce, Maggi brand sauce, Worcestershire sauce)
1/2 onion cut into thin wedges
chicken broth
salt and pepper to taste.

Procedure:
In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, botanera sauce, mustard, seasoning sauce, broth, salt and pepper. Once all the ingredients are mixed, dip the shrimp in the mixture and put them on the grill to cook. While cooking, put few drops of lime on the shrimp. Grill the onions on the other side. When ready, the shrimp and onions are placed on a plate and served hot.

kf0rt
09-22-2012, 11:16 PM
I'm convinced that lunch is unhealthy, no matter what you eat.

Eat an egg and sausage for breakfast. Microwaved at 4:30 AM. Almost zero carbs. Lunch is usually fast food (prefer salads). Dinner is what the menagerie here comes up with (often chicken based). Food bill + sundries like paper plates here for the house runs over a grand a month -- 4 adults, 4 kids. Wife and I do grocery shopping every Saturday morning. Safeway every week plus Costco every other week.

Weekends, a tuna sammich usually works for me. No chips. Duke's mayo (imported, seriously) and a bit of shredded dill on cheap bread. I can buy 5 pounds of potatoes for $2, but a pound of Lay's is about $5. :wtf: Kids go through a ton of Diet Coke. The store deal today was 2-for-1. Buy two 12-packs, get two free PLUS a free package of Chips Ahoy cookies.

Feeling a bit of love for Pat, but don't have the museum excuse. :shrugs:

I now scan all store receipts for potential scientific use at my autopsy.

KB3LAZ
09-23-2012, 05:06 AM
I'm convinced that lunch is unhealthy, no matter what you eat.

Eat an egg and sausage for breakfast. Microwaved at 4:30 AM. Almost zero carbs. Lunch is usually fast food (prefer salads). Dinner is what the menagerie here comes up with (often chicken based). Food bill + sundries like paper plates here for the house runs over a grand a month -- 4 adults, 4 kids. Wife and I do grocery shopping every Saturday morning. Safeway every week plus Costco every other week.

Weekends, a tuna sammich usually works for me. No chips. Duke's mayo (imported, seriously) and a bit of shredded dill on cheap bread. I can buy 5 pounds of potatoes for $2, but a pound of Lay's is about $5. :wtf: Kids go through a ton of Diet Coke. The store deal today was 2-for-1. Buy two 12-packs, get two free PLUS a free package of Chips Ahoy cookies.

Feeling a bit of love for Pat, but don't have the museum excuse. :shrugs:

I now scan all store receipts for potential scientific use at my autopsy.

Hum. I just woke up, so if I dont see sarcasm, my bad but lunch unhealthy? They say that about eating late at night too......I see a lot of really old Spaniards though, lol.

KB3LAZ
09-23-2012, 05:07 AM
I had a shrimp dish called "camarones zarandeados".

The recipe is here, sorry that it's in Spanish: http://chefpilaroliveros.blogspot.mx/2010/02/camarones-zarandeados.html

Ingredients:
400g unpeeled shrimp, opened butterfly-style
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup botanera sauce (Valentina brand)
1 tablespoon mustard
1/2 lime
2 tablespoons seasoning sauce (a mixture of soy sauce, Maggi brand sauce, Worcestershire sauce)
1/2 onion cut into thin wedges
chicken broth
salt and pepper to taste.

Procedure:
In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, botanera sauce, mustard, seasoning sauce, broth, salt and pepper. Once all the ingredients are mixed, dip the shrimp in the mixture and put them on the grill to cook. While cooking, put few drops of lime on the shrimp. Grill the onions on the other side. When ready, the shrimp and onions are placed on a plate and served hot.

Sounds good.

KB3LAZ
09-24-2012, 11:16 AM
Did not have lunch today. Have been busy. Got myself a roasting pan and a crock pot. Both of which are hard to find in Spain. However, I went to a French store that had a going out of business sale and they had both items on sale for 20€ so I bought them. Normally a good kenwood cooker here is about 70€ so I lucked out. Lol, I am not used to those prices. Crock pot in the us is 10-30$ and range in quality. A roasting pan at walmart is like 9$ during the holiday season.

Now all I have left to do is track down some stoneware.

I know my stay will only be another 5-7 months (most likely) but these are all things that my mother in-law can use when I leave and she seems to enjoy them.

Now, lunch yesterday, I had some veggie pasta roll of which I do not remember the name, I will ask my wife. It was rolled like a crape but with a lasagna noodle. Inside there were roasted peppers, zucchini, and mushrooms. It was also covered in mozzarella cheese and had a bit of bolognese sauce.

The salad I previously mentioned was what we had as an appetizer.

:) We went back last night for dinner with my MIL. Lol, we had a bit of an argument but not one of anger. I refused to let her pay. I said that it was time I treated her to a dinner and she smiled and accepted.

Back to today. Today I am putting my new crock pot and roaster to use. Baked beans and roasted chicken with mashed potatoes for dinner.

Oh, this reminds me. They want to get the family together so that I can still have thanks giving. Everyone wants to try to make a traditional thanksgiving dish for the event, this will be fun. =)

KG4CGC
09-24-2012, 12:06 PM
Made an Islamic pizza. Olive oil and zataar. Scratch made dough.
No Infidels were harmed in the process.

KB3LAZ
09-24-2012, 12:11 PM
Made an Islamic pizza. Olive oil and zataar. Scratch made dough.
No Infidels were harmed in the process.

Over my head, I suppose. Though, I have had Turkish pizza and it is pretty good.

NQ6U
09-24-2012, 04:12 PM
Made an Islamic pizza. [...] No Infidels were harmed in the process.

Fucking apostate. How do you expect to ever get your seventy-two virgins if you aren't willing to harm a few infidels?

N7YA
09-25-2012, 06:39 AM
Today was our cheat day. We started by going to BJ's. We shared some fried artichoke hearts and wontons with buffalo sauce...it works together, trust me. Then we each had a seared Ahi salad with balsalmic....yum, but not what i would consider bad for us...followed by their beignet with fresh strawberries and vanilla bean ice cream, which is more along the lines of being bad for us. But....hell yes!

Later, we had some killer frozen yogurt. My wife had NY Cheesecake and pistachio in a waffle cone, i had the cheesecake and Cafe Latte...tore that shit up! Got home and finished the night with the rest of my Robertos breakfast burrito and organic chicken sausage from earlier, followed by a cup of coffee.

Im good now. But tomorrow is sushi day at Kabuki! Then we go burn it off by going on a photo hike.

KB3LAZ
09-25-2012, 06:44 AM
Today was our cheat day. We started by going to BJ's. We shared some fried artichoke hearts and wontons with buffalo sauce...it works together, trust me. Then we each had a seared Ahi salad with balsalmic....yum, but not what i would consider bad for us...followed by their beignet with fresh strawberries and vanilla bean ice cream, which is more along the lines of being bad for us. But....hell yes!

Later, we had some killer frozen yogurt. My wife had NY Cheesecake and pistachio in a waffle cone, i had the cheesecake and Cafe Latte...tore that shit up! Got home and finished the night with the rest of my Robertos breakfast burrito and organic chicken sausage from earlier, followed by a cup of coffee.

Im good now. But tomorrow is sushi day at Kabuki! Then we go burn it off by going on a photo hike.

I used the leftover roasted chicken to make a salad for lunch today.

K7SGJ
09-25-2012, 09:11 AM
Fucking apostate. How do you expect to ever get your seventy-two virgins if you aren't willing to harm a few infidels?

You gotta be kidding. The only virgins these days, are ugly third graders.

KB3LAZ
09-25-2012, 09:14 AM
You gotta be kidding. The only virgins these days, are ugly third graders.

That can outrun their brother?

N2NH
09-28-2012, 09:26 AM
3 Slices of Exquisite Virginia Ham
1 Slice of Cheese (preferrably NY Sharp Cheddar)
2 Slices of Bread

Put on microwave safe plate, stick in microwave until cooked to perfection (30 Seconds).
Remove, add mustard or mayonnaise, garnish with a jewish dill pickle and you have lunch.

Goes well with a fine Dr. Pepper or Classic Coke.

Alternative to slices of bread, kaiser roll with 4-5 slices of ham.

Servings: ½-1 per sandwich.

KB3LAZ
09-28-2012, 09:36 AM
3 Slices of Exquisite Virginia Ham
1 Slice of Cheese (preferrably NY Sharp Cheddar)
2 Slices of Bread

Put on microwave safe plate, stick in microwave until cooked to perfection (30 Seconds).
Remove, add mustard or mayonnaise, garnish with a jewish dill pickle and you have lunch.

Goes well with a fine Dr. Pepper or Classic Coke.

Alternative to slices of bread, kaiser roll with 4-5 slices of ham.

Servings: ½-1 per sandwich.

I miss a good ham lunch meat. Ham in general is hard to find here. They have a chip chop ham similar type thing that is really low level crap, lol.

K7SGJ
09-28-2012, 09:56 AM
Today's bill o fare is a pair of Honey Oat granola bars. Yum.

N7YA
09-28-2012, 04:56 PM
Chili! And coffee....bring on the ass!

N2NH
09-28-2012, 07:13 PM
I miss a good ham lunch meat. Ham in general is hard to find here. They have a chip chop ham similar type thing that is really low level crap, lol.

No ham? Wow. That would be tough. Roast beef, pastrami or corned beef would be good alternatives. Better the low salt stuff if you have high blood pressure, as I do. Also a good pumpernickel bread or jewish rye bread like Levy's.

n2ize
09-28-2012, 07:24 PM
Chili! And coffee....bring on the ass!
I don;t bother with any of that. I just have ass for lunch. :-D

KB3LAZ
09-29-2012, 11:23 AM
No ham? Wow. That would be tough. Roast beef, pastrami or corned beef would be good alternatives. Better the low salt stuff if you have high blood pressure, as I do. Also a good pumpernickel bread or jewish rye bread like Levy's.

Its hard to find any kind of lunch meat here. They have jamon, salami, chorizo, and a few other things but as for anything else, you have to go to an English store and pay insane prices.

KC9ECI
09-29-2012, 11:39 AM
Chili is in the crockpot, fresh loaf of bread is in the oven. Beer is chilled and waiting.

KG4CGC
09-29-2012, 12:02 PM
The Gizzard Lady fried up a batch of parts yesterday. I gave mine to the dog then used the left-over oil and flour to make him a batch of fried dry dog food.

HUGH
09-29-2012, 12:52 PM
Focaccia, home-made of course, and home-grown baby tomatoes.

Fruit and marmalade cake for dessert.

N2NH
09-30-2012, 03:46 PM
Its hard to find any kind of lunch meat here. They have jamon, salami, chorizo, and a few other things but as for anything else, you have to go to an English store and pay insane prices.

Wow, that's roughing it. They're called cold cuts here and in the city, I'd go to the deli (delicatessen) to get them cut very thin. Here, I've only seen supermarkets and while it's alright, it's not like a deli. Add a good potato sala, macaroni salad or cole slaw.

Then again, a KFC chicken breast with corn on the cob, or an authentic English Fish & Chips meal will do too.:yum:

KG4CGC
09-30-2012, 03:59 PM
Boiled up some assorted vegetables and then threw in a box of pasta. Ground the brown beef and gave the fat drainings to the dog over his dry food. Then made an Islamic pizza with added red bell peppers and fetted cheese.

KB3LAZ
10-01-2012, 10:15 AM
Wow, that's roughing it. They're called cold cuts here and in the city, I'd go to the deli (delicatessen) to get them cut very thin. Here, I've only seen supermarkets and while it's alright, it's not like a deli. Add a good potato sala, macaroni salad or cole slaw.

Then again, a KFC chicken breast with corn on the cob, or an authentic English Fish & Chips meal will do too.:yum:

Can get KFC here as well as BK and Mcd's. Fish and chips, not an issues.

Now, I like to go out for a Bocata (sub). They are quite yummy. Steak and cheese, chicken and bacon, Spanish omelette, etc. All fresh made. The chicken and or steak is is grilled, yum.

Now, there are things I do miss but there are also things here that I will miss when back in the states.

KG4CGC
10-01-2012, 04:19 PM
Can get KFC here as well as BK and Mcd's. Fish and chips, not an issues.

Now, I like to go out for a Bocata (sub). They are quite yummy. Steak and cheese, chicken and bacon, Spanish omelette, etc. All fresh made. The chicken and or steak is is grilled, yum.

Now, there are things I do miss but there are also things here that I will miss when back in the states.

But does it include, feted cheese?
Cooking up a batch of gizzards. Winter gizzard soup with feted flour. Oh no, it's not for me. Dog likes them. Sometimes cooking for the dog is cheaper than buying crap food intended for him.
I'll probably cook a fresh Islamic pizza for myself. Go heavy on the garlic. Some feted cheese. Aww rats! I could do an omelet topper but I'm out of eggs due to the egg shortage. Did you know they're shipping all out eggs to Mexico because Mexicans in Mexico are willing to pay 15% more than they usually pay and their eggs are bad this year.

KC9ECI
10-01-2012, 06:48 PM
Supper here tonight is one of the greatest meals ever invented. Tomato soup and grilled cheese sammich.

n2ize
10-02-2012, 07:31 AM
Well, back in my high school days lunch meant heading across to the pizzeria where I would get 2 slices of pizza and a can of coke for just under $1.00. Today I wouldn;t even get the 1 can of coke for $1.00.

n2ize
10-02-2012, 07:32 AM
Supper here tonight is one of the greatest meals ever invented. Tomato soup and grilled cheese sammich.

I like tomato soup. Plain old fashioned can of Campbell's condensed tomato soup is an old time favorite of mine.

KB3LAZ
10-05-2012, 01:24 PM
I like tomato soup. Plain old fashioned can of Campbell's condensed tomato soup is an old time favorite of mine.

Good luck finding condensed soup here! At least here in Spain, Idk about the rest of Europe. I have found it at a few import stores ate 5€ a can but Im not paying that.

However, there is a silver lining. I make more items from scratch now than I ever had before. I like to cook, so it suites me well enough.

KC9ECI
10-05-2012, 03:32 PM
Plain old PB&J here today. Just taking a nourishment break. Shower faucet assembly has been giving me grief for a long while now and finally broke once and for all last night. Just replaced the whole damn ting with a new one and turned the water on and discovered a pinhole in the cast part of the new kit. Everything back off, lots of bad language involved. Just decompressing now before running back to the hardware store and swapping.

KB3LAZ
10-05-2012, 08:11 PM
Plain old PB&J here today. Just taking a nourishment break. Shower faucet assembly has been giving me grief for a long while now and finally broke once and for all last night. Just replaced the whole damn ting with a new one and turned the water on and discovered a pinhole in the cast part of the new kit. Everything back off, lots of bad language involved. Just decompressing now before running back to the hardware store and swapping.

I had some kind of slow roasted pork from a local takeout place. Busy day. Did get a bit of good news today though. Thus the reason for the busy day. I get to go give my fingerprints on monday. Yay, residence card time.

XE1/N5AL
10-06-2012, 12:11 PM
Did you know they're shipping all out eggs to Mexico because Mexicans in Mexico are willing to pay 15% more than they usually pay and their eggs are bad this year.That was a big news item down here. An outbreak of bird flu forced the slaughter of millions of chickens in Mexico. Even big places, like the Walmart down the street, were running out of eggs.

A true story: In Mexico, the street slang for testicles is "huevos", literally the Spanish translation for "eggs". One day, my Mother-in-law was driving her car when she accidentally hit a bicycle rider. The bicycle was knocked over and its panicked rider began shouting "Mis huevos!, Mis huevos!" (My eggs!, My eggs!) My Mother-in-law became terrified that she had painfully harmed the bike rider, or possibly even damaged his reproductive organs. But, she was relieved when the rider removed a box of smashed chicken eggs from his bicycle basket!

KC9ECI
10-06-2012, 12:16 PM
Just me here today. Been in the shack for a while playing JT65 on 15M. Think in a bit I might go upstairs and turn a potato in to a mighty pile of hash browns.

KG4CGC
10-06-2012, 01:38 PM
That was a big news item down here. An outbreak of bird flu forced the slaughter of millions of chickens in Mexico. Even big places, like the Walmart down the street, were running out of eggs.

A true story: In Mexico, the street slang for testicles is "huevos", literally the Spanish translation for "eggs". One day, my Mother-in-law was driving her car when she accidentally hit a bicycle rider. The bicycle was knocked over and its panicked rider began shouting "Mis huevos!, Mis huevos!" (My eggs!, My eggs!) My Mother-in-law became terrified that she had painfully harmed the bike rider, or possibly even damaged his reproductive organs. But, she was relieved when the rider removed a box of smashed chicken eggs from his bicycle basket!

Huevos Rancheros! Testicle Ranch.
De salsa de aliño de la testículos!
Ranch style eggs with sauce.

N7YA
10-06-2012, 04:38 PM
I understand the whole "dont knock it til you try it" deal. Im sure they're quite good. I know people eat them every day and never experience an adverse affect. I know its just a mental thing. I know if i were stuck in the mountains and needed to survive, i would eat them, but...

Im just not interested in eating testicles.

KC9ECI
10-06-2012, 04:59 PM
Could I interest you in chugging some balls? http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/03/wynkoop-brewing-co-releas_n_1936231.html

KB3LAZ
10-08-2012, 07:50 AM
Yeah, the egg quality in Spain is the lowest in Europe with some of the highest costs.

Anyway, had Sirloin, fried potatoes, asparagus, a side salad, and a coffee for lunch.

hamsmtnchic
10-08-2012, 02:00 PM
I make a homemade cocktail sauce that is simple and quite good. You use ketchup, horseradish, lemon juice and some pepper, adjust to taste. If you really like it hot use wasbi.

K7SGJ
10-08-2012, 02:54 PM
I make a homemade cocktail sauce that is simple and quite good. You use ketchup, horseradish, lemon juice and some pepper, adjust to taste. If you really like it hot use wasbi.

Where's the shrimp? still at work.....cue rim-shot........:rofl:

N7YA
10-08-2012, 02:55 PM
Yeah, the egg quality in Spain is the lowest in Europe with some of the highest costs.

Anyway, had Sirloin, fried potatoes, asparagus, a side salad, and a coffee for lunch.

Farty fart! Love it. :lol:

W7XF
10-16-2012, 03:03 PM
Travis....bring back some of those Spanish recipes...and see if you can improv them here!!!!!

KB3LAZ
10-18-2012, 04:22 PM
Travis....bring back some of those Spanish recipes...and see if you can improv them here!!!!!

Oye vey. I must say, I did enjoy my honeymoon but I am looking forward to cooking for myself this week. Believe it or not, one does grow tired of 5 star meals, daily. Particularly for 10 days.

A lot of food but small portions served for what seems like a life time. It takes two hours to eat a meal! Lol.

K7SGJ
10-19-2012, 10:25 AM
Today's lunch is a bowl of left over clam chowder. I made a gallon and a half earlier this week. Also made a couple baguettes of French bread to go with it. YUM

N2NH
10-23-2012, 07:15 AM

Cuban Spanish sandwiches?

KB3LAZ
11-05-2012, 08:08 PM
Hum, cant sleep so thinking about what to make for dinner tomorrow. Think it will be Cannelloni.

So, I will fry up some Zucchini, eggplant, mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, and peppers to stuff my Cannelloni. Ofc the sauce will be bechamel and ricotta. I will top it off with a little bit of provolone at the end.