PDA

View Full Version : Anyone heard from Paul, 'GUH, lately

W5GA
09-19-2012, 04:56 PM
Hope he's getting along ok.

WØTKX
09-19-2012, 05:41 PM
He got upset when taken to task for "911 Truthyness".

And left. Sigh.

N8YX
09-19-2012, 06:02 PM
Folks is gettin' downright toucheous.

WØTKX
09-19-2012, 06:38 PM
I wish he'd come back. As a member of the cancer club, I kind of miss him.

His choice, however. His choice.

KJ3N
09-19-2012, 06:48 PM

More like 911 Nuttyness.... :roll:

N2CHX
09-19-2012, 07:09 PM
I don't always agree with him but I like him and wish he'd come back.

K7SGJ
09-19-2012, 07:15 PM
Yeah, me too, Kelli

VE7DCW
09-19-2012, 07:42 PM

And left. Sigh.

Yikes... !! .... is the strong opinions- political talk threads really putting peoples noses out of joint?.... I don't hangout in those threads so I guess I never heard he left in a snit ....... :dunno:

W5GA
09-19-2012, 07:45 PM

And left. Sigh.
Sigh indeed. I really like Paul.

AE1PT
09-19-2012, 08:09 PM
I just dropped him an email. It's cause to worry when people are fooling with doctors on a regular basis--and then no one hears from them...

X-Rated
09-19-2012, 08:12 PM

And left. Sigh.

I hope I didn't upset him too much. Scythe.

KG4CGC
09-19-2012, 08:18 PM
I always thought he was nice and thoughtful person. Still do.

X-Rated
09-19-2012, 08:25 PM
I always thought he was nice and thoughtful person. Still do.

Especially in that last thread of his. He was spot on.

W1GUH
09-19-2012, 08:43 PM
Folks...

It was heartening to read these comments, and I surely do appreciate them.

I"m alive and doing very well.

'Bout all I should say here and now.

X-Rated
09-19-2012, 08:51 PM
We're not worthy. We're not worthy.

WX7P
09-19-2012, 09:08 PM
Well, Paul, I hope you are healthy and doing well.

I'm not going to expand further.

WX7P
09-19-2012, 09:08 PM
We're not worthy. We're not worthy.

Nice Pontiac, Jerry.

I may be your neighbor soon!

N8YX
09-19-2012, 09:25 PM
Hope you get whatever is going on sorted, Paul - and rejoin our ongoing boat-anchor discussions. Your participation is missed.

WØTKX
09-19-2012, 09:28 PM
Hiya Paul!

If possible, get yer butt out here to ski. You too Doug.

X-Rated
09-19-2012, 09:38 PM
Nice Pontiac, Jerry.

I may be your neighbor soon!

How did you know it was a Pontiac and not an Oldsmobile? They look the same to me. The was a Pontiac. I drove it when I was a teen.

Welcome to Chicago. Land of the free. Home of the brave.

WX7P
09-19-2012, 09:42 PM
How did you know it was a Pontiac and not an Oldsmobile? They look the same to me. The was a Pontiac. I drove it when I was a teen.

I'm a car nerd, Jerry.

I know a 58 vehicle when I see one.

1958 was a good year, Yes?

X-Rated
09-19-2012, 09:54 PM
I'm a car nerd, Jerry.

I know a 58 vehicle when I see one.

1958 was a good year, Yes?

Yes. Very good. One thing about the '58 was the back of the front bench seat. There were 2 screws holding the back on of each side and the flange fit into a slot on the seat. So the screws really weren't needed. When on a date, the back of the seat would pull up and drop down in an instant and it was a converted play pen. The gas tank was behind the backup light. It had vacuum windshield wipers. BUT, the vacuum was generated from a dual pump on the fuel pump so that when you stepped on the gas going up hill, they did not slow down. In fact, they would speed up. It had a 270 cu in engine. It would lay rubber at the stopsigns and stoplights. But not from a roll. One time I was driving down the road and white smoke came billowing out the back end. It got me home, but when I troubleshot the problem, I found that one of the rocker arms had shattered. I replaced it. This car had individual rocker arms and not rocker arm assemblies.

But that was a long time ago. I don't remember much about it.

W5GA
09-19-2012, 10:06 PM
Hiya Paul!

If possible, get yer butt out here to ski. You too Doug.
Many thanks Dave, but our next trip is to Fresno, Ca. That's where Dad wanted his ashes planted, with his wife's. Maybe next year.

X-Rated
09-19-2012, 10:08 PM
Many thanks Dave, but our next trip is to Fresno, Ca. That's where Dad wanted his ashes planted, with his wife's. Maybe next year.

you can easily approach the Fresno zone near your antenna. No?

W5GA
09-19-2012, 10:11 PM
you can easily approach the Fresno zone near your antenna. No?
Not really, too many wavelengths out there.

KA9MOT
09-19-2012, 10:35 PM

I thought it was Christine, and I'm a car guy.

Glad to see you're OK Paul.

WX7P
09-19-2012, 10:38 PM
I thought it was Christine, and I'm a car guy.

Glad to see you're OK Paul.

Christine was a Plymouth

X-Rated
09-19-2012, 10:42 PM
Christine was a Plymouth

Yeah. Like saying the Batmobile was a Kenworth.

KA9MOT
09-19-2012, 10:43 PM
Christine was a Plymouth

A 1958 Plymouth Fury. From 1958 though 1961, I have a hard time telling them apart unless I can see the back half (fins).

X-Rated
09-19-2012, 10:53 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/02/Oldsmobile_eighty-eight_1958.jpg http://www.markeeautosales.com/ebay/58chieftain/images/01.jpg

The chrome arrow on the side points forward on the Pontiac and to the back on the Olds.

X-Rated
09-19-2012, 10:59 PM
http://www.nashnut.com/pk07-58chief2.jpg

In this view, you can see in the trunk behind the backup light where the gastank pipe runs from the cap to the tank, somewhat.

KA9MOT
09-19-2012, 11:17 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/02/Oldsmobile_eighty-eight_1958.jpg http://www.markeeautosales.com/ebay/58chieftain/images/01.jpg

The chrome arrow on the side points forward on the Pontiac and to the back on the Olds.

Learn something new everyday!

X-Rated
09-19-2012, 11:24 PM
Learn something new everyday!

My grandfather bought that car in my avatar in 1968. My sister drove it until 1973 and I started driving it. You can see a dent behind the headlight. I don't know how that got there. It was there before I started driving the car. But I did have a neighbor lady drive out of her driveway and I careened into her front fender with that headlight. I think she had a Dodge Dart. This picture was taken after that accident and I did no repairs to my car. Her car was in pretty bad shape. I got some paint transfer I scraped off of the chrome. It is hard to stop on gravel.

W1GUH
09-20-2012, 07:34 PM
One thing I forgot to mention yesterday. I won't simply disappear if I'm going to be checking out, but odds are that's not for years and years. For now, assume that no news is good news. Well, to clarify, good news is I continue to be in very good shape and the chemo remains as effective and tolerable as ever. Fact is, the good news has been going on so long it's gotten to be pretty much a non-issue.

But be assured that if and when the time comes I definitely will not just disappear.

So, carry on the '58 car discussion -- looks fun.

kf0rt
09-20-2012, 07:58 PM
Missing the swapfest reports from the NE, Paul.

But more than anything, glad to hear you're doing well. ;)

WØTKX
09-20-2012, 08:21 PM
Yea, I get that Paul.

Have to keep informed of the issue,
but life gets back to a new normal.

W5GA
09-20-2012, 10:12 PM
Speaking of '58 cars, one of my brothers nearly won a destruction derby with a '58 Pontiac. What a tank! When he was done, the backup lights still worked.

W3WN
09-21-2012, 09:00 AM
Folks...

'Bout all I should say here and now.Glad to hear it.

But remember all that talk we had about your coming to Pittsburgh to see the Tigers play the Pirates in the World Series? Not this year.

w2amr
09-21-2012, 01:05 PM
Folks...

Glad to hear it Paul.:-D

KC2UGV
09-21-2012, 01:28 PM
Yikes... !! .... is the strong opinions- political talk threads really putting peoples noses out of joint?.... I don't hangout in those threads so I guess I never heard he left in a snit ....... :dunno:

That, combined with IRL things made me take a vacation for a few weeks. Wasn't the forum alone, but IRL things made me unable to cope in an adult way (At times) with thing I felt were plain ridiculousness.

WX7P
09-21-2012, 01:32 PM
That, combined with IRL things made me take a vacation for a few weeks. Wasn't the forum alone, but IRL things made me unable to cope in an adult way (At times) with thing I felt were plain ridiculousness.

I'm Hep. It gets that way sometimes...

kf0rt
09-21-2012, 03:43 PM
I'm Hep. It gets that way sometimes...

Ditto here...

NQ6U
09-21-2012, 04:48 PM
Double-ditto here since this new job thing. Ain't had a full day off in over a month and ain't gonna get one this weekend either. My sense of humor is moribund, my personality is developing an ugly sharp edge and some days all I do is skim the Island for interesting new threads then hit "Mark all forums read."

n2ize
09-21-2012, 07:00 PM

And left. Sigh.
Sorry to hear this. However, when it comes to such things there are going to be differences of opinions.

W1GUH
09-23-2012, 11:27 AM
Especially when otherwise reasonable and intelligent people refuse to use critical thinking about what's been written, or even absolutely refuse to read what's been written and base their opinions on second-hand hearsay. Then crawl back into their safe knee-jerk shells where nary a disturbing thought will invade their calm existence. Not to mention that they never offer any solid evidence whatsoever in support of their opinions.

suddenseer
09-23-2012, 12:08 PM
Especially when otherwise reasonable and intelligent people refuse to use critical thinking about what's been written, or even absolutely refuse to read what's been written and base their opinions on second-hand hearsay. Then crawl back into their safe knee-jerk shells where nary a disturbing thought will invade their calm existence. Not to mention that they never offer any solid evidence whatsoever in support of their opinions.I am glad you are here Paul. I try to be Switzerland. i endeavor to see the best in every person. I have only 'ignored' one Islander. He was a one post wonder anyway. I enjoy your posts.

ab1ga
09-23-2012, 12:18 PM
I am glad you are here Paul. I try to be Switzerland. i endeavor to see the best in every person. I have only 'ignored' one Islander. He was a one post wonder anyway. I enjoy your posts.

Spoilsport... pffft.

Take sides! Draw blood! Dance on your enemy's lifeless carcass! Bwahahahaha!

[Ahem] Sorry... stressful week at work, you know.

:)

n2ize
09-23-2012, 12:44 PM
Especially when otherwise reasonable and intelligent people refuse to use critical thinking about what's been written, or even absolutely refuse to read what's been written and base their opinions on second-hand hearsay. Then crawl back into their safe knee-jerk shells where nary a disturbing thought will invade their calm existence. Not to mention that they never offer any solid evidence whatsoever in support of their opinions.

I haven't really seen any of that on these forums. The majority of members here are intelligent, many of them professionals in a wide range of skill areas. Most opinions I see offered here on either side of a discussion are based on information, reason, critical thinking, and logical thought and are usually accompanied by substance, sometimes extremely detailed substance that might require a week to read and fully comprehend.. Depending on ones background, expertise, knowledge, reasoning, and personal factors different persons are going to draw different conclusions. On just about every post I have read on these forums members tend to give a viable reason for the conclusions they draw. I think the real issue is that people often expect that "the other guy" is simply going to change his mind after a few posts. That is simply not going to happen because most people here have good reason for their opinions. They may not always be correct reasons and sometimes what is correct is debatable... The frustration often felt is over the expectation that the other party is going to change his opinion after a few postings.

The other part of it is that sometimes people can be dicks when it comes to arguing their points of view. A few weeks ago a couple of people I know were having a debate on some topic of controversy and one of them started throwing the words "stupid", "idiot", "gullible", "fool" and other belittling terms at the other guy because of the disagreement and not being able to see it his way. I pulled the guy who was using those degrading words aside and I said, "can't you get your point across without being a total dick about it ?"... In other words, state an opinion, state the reasons that you feel support your opinions and then let it go.If need be go back and collect more information that you feel backs your claim. But do it politely and respectfully. All too often people come in hot headed in support of what they believe and make derogatory remarks that make the other party feel inferior, create an aura of hostility, and, do nothing to strengthen their point of view.

The whole idea of a debate should be to encourage thought, not to change anyones mind nor expect to change anyones mind. If anyone does change their mind it is going to happen over the long term and not at the moment of the debate or soon after. Also, certain topics are going to be ultra-hot buttons regardless. Why, I don;t know. It's just the nature of the night.

suddenseer
09-23-2012, 12:48 PM
Spoilsport... pffft.

:)Hah! I do take sides in the political/social/theology issues. I am comfortable with my position(s). I am known to change my opinion after much study of evidence. I often play the devil's advocate to yank someone's chain. I have a hunch you might do that as well. Work is still a 4 letter word.

W1GUH
09-23-2012, 02:29 PM
I am glad you are here Paul. I try to be Switzerland. i endeavor to see the best in every person. I have only 'ignored' one Islander. He was a one post wonder anyway. I enjoy your posts.

Thanks. Reading that was wonderful. Wish everyone could at least endeavor to see the merit in such an approach.

"Aren't you glad you use Dial? Don't you wish everyone did?"

W1GUH
09-23-2012, 02:30 PM
Spoilsport... pffft.

Totally get the humor in the sarcasm. Trouble is, there are those individuals upon whom such humor is lost and will use that as encouragement to unsheathe the claws and spew venom.

W1GUH
09-23-2012, 02:41 PM
Jon, 'ize....

YOU are one of the worst offenders that way. I remember a thread where I asked sincerely, multiple times, for evidence for your opinion. At first you totally ignored such requests, and finally supplied one very weak, almost lame, link to one obscure academician who didn't, in any way, support your overall opinion. That's the truth. But sometimes, we all can be blind to our own weakness, huh?

Meanwhile, I've supplied copious information as to where the good, well researched and expressed information exists, ALL of which were ignored.

No, I won't supply a link to that thread. Since you were a major participant, I would have to assume that any denial of remembering that thread is just that -- severe denial. But it's there, should you deem it advantageous to actually learn something and find it yourself.

And, BTW, the personality of a writer has nothing to do with the goodness of what he/she writes. Especially when such writer teams up with another writer with a completely different personality.

And, if you aren't familiar with the primary material, you are definitely not qualified, at all, to judge the person's work.

But...you'll deny that...anything to avoid accepting a disturbing thought, right?

W1GUH
09-23-2012, 02:43 PM
Hah! I do take sides in the political/social/theology issues. I am comfortable with my position(s). I am known to change my opinion after much study of evidence. I often play the devil's advocate to yank someone's chain. I have a hunch you might do that as well. Work is still a 4 letter word.

"Work is still a 4 letter word."

Can also be applied to learning how to "play the devil's advocate" appropriately. Not saying that's you, but it DEFINITELY is others.

WX7P
09-23-2012, 03:02 PM
Paul, just go away.

I, for one, am sick of your narcissus behavior.

It's all about you, no matter what.

You even trash people that agree with you.

You're just a fucking jerk, period.

ab1ga
09-23-2012, 03:16 PM
Hah! I do take sides in the political/social/theology issues. I am comfortable with my position(s). I am known to change my opinion after much study of evidence. I often play the devil's advocate to yank someone's chain. I have a hunch you might do that as well. Work is still a 4 letter word.

I never yield, my position is eternally inalterable, and self-evidently correct: the most serious people are also the most miserable, and happiness depends on a steady supply of the ridiculous. By being ridiculous on occasion, I ensure my own inner peace and do my part to spread spiritual sunshine to those around me.

suddenseer
09-23-2012, 03:39 PM
I never yield, my position is eternally inalterable, and self-evidently correct: the most serious people are also the most miserable, and happiness depends on a steady supply of the ridiculous. By being ridiculous on occasion, I ensure my own inner peace and do my part to spread spiritual sunshine to those around me.

:)Oh, if I could bask for a moment in that "spiritual sunshine", or at least share in the joy in spreading it.

http://www.taskpower.co.nz/site/duroquip/images/Other_Products/Manure_Spreader_Taskpower_Nelson_NZ_1.jpg

ab1ga
09-23-2012, 03:46 PM
First, you need a cow. Cows are peaceful, and produce much spiritual sunshine... :)

W2NAP
09-23-2012, 03:48 PM
First, you need a cow. Cows are peaceful, and produce much spiritual sunshine... :)

but goats are funny to watch

N1LAF
09-23-2012, 05:10 PM
Paul, W1GUH is not a jerk, but is very smart, friendly and generous, I know this by observations when we were at hamfests and restaurants. We are at opposite ends of the political ideology, and consider him as one of my best friends. No one should be so quickly to judge someone they never met in person.

KB3LAZ
09-23-2012, 05:14 PM
Folks...

I am always glad to hear that you are doing well. Make sure it stays that way.

X-Rated
09-23-2012, 05:32 PM
Paul, W1GUH is not a jerk, but is very smart, friendly and generous, I know this by observations when we were at hamfests and restaurants. We are at opposite ends of the political ideology, and consider him as one of my best friends. No one should be so quickly to judge someone they never met in person.

Not all Paul's are jerks. There's Paul Ryan, Ron Paul, and that's about it, right?

X-Rated
09-23-2012, 05:33 PM
Jon, 'ize....

YOU are one of the worst offenders that way. I remember a thread where I asked sincerely, multiple times, for evidence for your opinion. At first you totally ignored such requests, and finally supplied one very weak, almost lame, link to one obscure academician who didn't, in any way, support your overall opinion. That's the truth. But sometimes, we all can be blind to our own weakness, huh?

Meanwhile, I've supplied copious information as to where the good, well researched and expressed information exists, ALL of which were ignored.

No, I won't supply a link to that thread. Since you were a major participant, I would have to assume that any denial of remembering that thread is just that -- severe denial. But it's there, should you deem it advantageous to actually learn something and find it yourself.

And, BTW, the personality of a writer has nothing to do with the goodness of what he/she writes. Especially when such writer teams up with another writer with a completely different personality.

And, if you aren't familiar with the primary material, you are definitely not qualified, at all, to judge the person's work.

But...you'll deny that...anything to avoid accepting a disturbing thought, right?
:plusone:

n2ize
09-23-2012, 05:44 PM
Jon, 'ize....

Yeah, you are referring to the Hoagland thread. Where Hoagland gave a "mathematical proof" showing that the Cydonia region of Mars had to be created by intelligent forces and not by randomness.

I provided a link to a college professors site who holds a Ph,D in Mathematics (and who is by no means obscure) and who debunked Hoaglands claims. If I recall correctly you went to pieces over that. and were unable to provide anything to refute the professors detailed and extremely well researched proof.

It went like this.

Hoagland took a map of the Cydonia region of Mars. he then created a graph, using points of interest on Cydonia as nodes and then he cherry picked the edges between the various nodes to create a graph. He then cherry picked various angles between the edges of the graph and lengths of edges, and took their sines, cosines, tangents and square roots and manipulated them to show that there is a "definite pattern of constants" and that "prove" it could not likely have been random design.

I provided a link to a complete research analysis containing copious and very well researched information done by a Mathematics professor with a Ph.D in Mathematics (indicating that he probably knows a bit about Mathematics) which you completely ignored. . The Professor showed that if the nodes of the graph are chosen at random from the same map and the edges between the nodes of the graph are also selected at random and are then exposed to the same calculations that Hoagland used the relationships that are derived from Hoagland's own formulas provide the same or even closer correlated constants than Hoagland p[roduces.. What that amounts to in Mathematical terms is that Hoagland did not even show that his argument stood a greater probability over what could be equally obtained by random noise. For a refresher the link is here.

http://www.math.washington.edu/~greenber/DMPyramid.html

If I remember you became irritated yet provided nothing to refute the professors argument.. Neither did Hoagland. He was repeatedly asked to refute the professor and show his analysis was significant and not merely random. Hoagland avoided such requests like the plague.. If Hoagland's arguument was airtight he should have been able to easily refute the professor.

Now I really don't care. if you want to believe Hoagland then fine. You may even be correct and I may be wrong. But I think he is pulling a hoax and I provided support that refutes his proof.,. If you chose to dismiss that support then fine, I don't think of you as any less of a person and I don't even say you are wrong. However, i gave logical reason and support for my opinion. That is the nature of debate and opinion. You chose to ignore it.

KB3LAZ
09-23-2012, 07:46 PM
Totally get the humor in the sarcasm. Trouble is, there are those individuals upon whom such humor is lost and will use that as encouragement to unsheathe the claws and spew venom.

I suppose, to this, I am partially guilty. Id like to think that I dont unsheathe my claws (they are just for show) or spew venom. However, humor, at least written, is often times lost on me. Particularly dry sarcasm. I have been told that I am not very good at conveying sarcasm either.

N2NH
09-23-2012, 09:40 PM

:plusone::yes:

I don't know Paul personally and I don't always agree with him, but from what I've seen he's an alright guy. Most definitely not a jerk.

W5GA
09-23-2012, 10:24 PM
JESUS FUCKING CHRIST, PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I started this because I was concerned about Paul....I didn't start so certain people here could shit all over the man, revealing how truly small and mean spirited they are, and how meaningless their own lives happen to be.

LIGHTEN THE FUCK UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

X-Rated
09-23-2012, 10:40 PM
Personal attacks are the norm.

X-Rated
09-24-2012, 12:02 AM
A lot of what I have noticed is that some attack others on what they are assuming people are saying rather than what is actually being said. This is really sad because it interjects arguments that are not being made by some and creates the strawman that we all know is the usual logical fallacy. Such is the case here where the issue of Hoagland is continually brought up. Hoagland was originally brought up by John, IZE, but he uses Hoagland to discredit Paul, GUH's, questions and not assertions. Even the link above is not real clear as to what the Hoagland claims are, so the job of discrediting is very simple with no real stated goal. This boils down to the fact that Paul made no claims that the structures on Mars were built by civilizations, yet he was mercilessly attacked for this assertion. Similar to what they do with people having issues with the 9/11 events. Either you believe that the suicide hijackers acted alone or you believe George Bush masterminded the destruction. There is no other room for discussion.

n2ize
09-24-2012, 02:40 AM
A lot of what I have noticed is that some attack others on what they are assuming people are saying rather than what is actually being said. This is really sad because it interjects arguments that are not being made by some and creates the strawman that we all know is the usual logical fallacy. Such is the case here where the issue of Hoagland is continually brought up. Hoagland was originally brought up by John, IZE, but he uses Hoagland to discredit Paul, GUH's, questions and not assertions. Even the link above is not real clear as to what the Hoagland claims are, so the job of discrediting is very simple with no real stated goal. This boils down to the fact that Paul made no claims that the structures on Mars were built by civilizations, yet he was mercilessly attacked for this assertion. Similar to what they do with people having issues with the 9/11 events. Either you believe that the suicide hijackers acted alone or you believe George Bush masterminded the destruction. There is no other room for discussion.

In a nutshell what the link above says is that you can accomplish the same thing that Hoagland did by selecting random data points.

The whole point of the original post was to express the philosophical idea of defining abstraction through examples. There is nothing in the real world that we can know. We can only know what we create, what we define. And even when we do that we will sometimes create or uncover uncertainties. Beyond that the world, the universe and all events that are not of our individual creation are unknown.

In any event I apologize for making Paul or anyone else upset. I didn't mean nor intend to.harm anyones feelings. I generally try to avoid harsh words or disparaging remarks or personal attacks on ones character. I generally try to respond to questions, comments, ideas with links to sources which I consider to be rational and more or less "scientifically sound" bodies of information. But, I suppose even that can be overbearing at times.

Lastly these types of forums are not the best media for discussing controversial or complex topics. A blog format or an indivuidual web page is a better media source.

N1LAF
06-01-2013, 09:25 AM
A reminder what we used to be like....
Now it's worse

N2NH
06-01-2013, 09:43 AM
On ignore. I'm not missing a thing.

Paul has 3 friends in his profile. You're not one of them.

WØTKX
06-01-2013, 09:51 AM
Turd Blossom Bump Fail. :roll:

http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/bump/grand/bump_gut_gif.gif

WX7P
06-01-2013, 09:52 AM
GUH got his little admiration fest and had to spoil it by lecturing about protocol. FAIL.

Yes, I called him a "fucking jerk" in the thread. That was a reaction to him referring to me (out of the blue) as "crazy" on another thread. THAT'S the behavior of a fucking jerk.

Paul, I think your intent was to marginalize me with posting this thread. All you did was point out that, yet again, your buddy has a thin skin and is a bit of an attention whore.

KG4CGC
06-01-2013, 10:08 AM
Stop trying to insult us, Paul. You do that constantly with your assumption that we lack any critical thinking skills as well as assuming that we can't see right through you.

N2CHX
06-01-2013, 10:10 AM
Turd Blossom Bump Fail. :roll:

http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/bump/grand/bump_gut_gif.gif

That's disturbing.

N1LAF
06-01-2013, 10:16 AM
Paul, I think your intent was to marginalize me with posting this thread. All you did was point out that, yet again, your buddy has a thin skin and is a bit of an attention whore.

I would not marginalize you, and some people do have a thin skin. Just why make the situation worse?

WX7P
06-01-2013, 10:19 AM
I would not marginalize you, and some people do have a thin skin. Just why make the situation worse?

Which you did.

Why bring it up, unless you have some kind of agenda?

KG4CGC
06-01-2013, 10:19 AM
He's posting on the Zed. Go there.

WØTKX
06-01-2013, 10:21 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-qz82WkIoi0E/TpezUk-q1JI/AAAAAAAABco/iUFokIQR71U/s1600/hypocrisymeter.gif

http://exposethewaltermittyhuntertrolls.files.wordpress.c om/2012/05/5e01ad4e6e9f1de4955cb591ca5bc93c.jpg

N1LAF
06-01-2013, 10:26 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-qz82WkIoi0E/TpezUk-q1JI/AAAAAAAABco/iUFokIQR71U/s1600/hypocrisymeter.gif

http://exposethewaltermittyhuntertrolls.files.wordpress.c om/2012/05/5e01ad4e6e9f1de4955cb591ca5bc93c.jpg

Hmmmmm, a post that consists entirely of a copyrighted image, posted without attribution...

Hmmm......

N2NH
06-01-2013, 10:40 AM
Jon, 'ize....

Interesting. The more things change...

N2NH
06-01-2013, 10:43 AM
Stop trying to insult us, Paul. You do that constantly with your assumption that we lack any critical thinking skills as well as assuming that we can't see right through you.

But Paul bleeds for Paul! He really feels for him. They're close! Really really close.

http://i43.tinypic.com/2ylwweg.png

NQ6U
06-01-2013, 10:52 AM
Paul, let me remind you here that the anything goes rule does not apply in this thread.

n2ize
06-01-2013, 11:21 AM
Interesting. The more things change...

This was a thread on Hoagland concerning a so called "mathematical proof" that Hoagland created to prove that objects on Mars have to have been made by artificial as opposed to natural forces. The so called :"weak evidence" that GUH claimed I provided came in the form of a formal paper written by a distinguished mathematics professor who proved that Hoagland so called "mathematical proof" was bogus. The professor also showed that Hoagland's results could be reproduced using random noise as a data source. In other words Hoagland's so called "mathematical proof" was little more than cherry picking angles from 0 to 360 degrees and then reducing them to a -1<=x<=1 range using trig functions and then doing some further manipulations to narrow them down to a smaller range and then claiming that only an intelligent force could have created those angles that he cherry picked from thousands of other angles. The professor (with a Ph.D in mathematics) clearly and solidly showed that Hoagland's "proof" had no significance above and beyond random noise.

But Paul/GUH didn't like that because it challenged the work of his hero Richard Hoagland buy providing a valid mathematical argument that could not be discredited (it's hard to discredit 1+1=2 you know).. So he disregarded the rather strong evidence I provided which came from an expert in the field. He got angry at me for posting it, said it was "weak" and then stormed off in a huff. Paul had a way of becoming very disagreeable if/when his views were questioned or challenged.

WØTKX
06-01-2013, 11:34 AM
Meh. I trust your mathematical and scientific instincts 99.97% of the time John.

Usually find it droll, but you do troll at times. It's all about fun and games.

When rationality goes out the window. :bbh:

N8YX
06-01-2013, 11:38 AM
Is there a reason why old, inflammatory material ("zombie threads") is being regurgitated here?

Ponder this:

This:

And this:

We have an endless supply of each for those who choose to play this game.

Leave the agendas OUT of the balance of the site, please.

ETA:

"A reminder what we used to be like....
Now it's worse"

I'm tempted to ban 5 liberals and 5 conservatives in the joint interests of parity and sanity, just to stop this garbage in its tracks. Decide amongst yourselves which of you will fall on your swords.

/sarcasm

WØTKX
06-01-2013, 11:52 AM
Huh. Fair and balanced works so well, doesn't it? :shock:

This is the last post I will make in this thread.

I suggest locking it, for good reason. :roll:

N8YX
06-01-2013, 11:56 AM
Huh. Fair and balanced works so well, doesn't it? :roll:
If da playas will confine their shenanigans to the right area(s) of the site, it sure does. Lots of folks really don't care to be dragged through endless stretches of rhetorical, name-calling quagmire.

WØTKX
06-01-2013, 11:57 AM
Hard to rise above it when blowing bubbles in poop. Just sayin'.

N8YX
06-01-2013, 12:04 PM
I like your approach to such matters:

The only way to win the game...

KJ3N
06-01-2013, 12:06 PM

Thanks for putting that visual in my head. Now, pass me the brain bleach, please. :yuck: :vomit:

WØTKX
06-01-2013, 12:08 PM
I like your approach to such matters:

The only way to win the game...

Obviously, I have failed at that. Whatever.

But a Turd Blossom is a Turd Blossom.

I lied. I keep posting here. :snicker:

NQ6U
06-01-2013, 12:19 PM
Sorry to repeat myself but just a reminder: The Politics & Strong Opinion "anything goes" rules do not apply in this thread. Please heed.

AE1PT
06-01-2013, 02:52 PM
I'm tempted to ban 5 liberals and 5 conservatives in the joint interests of parity and sanity, just to stop this garbage in its tracks. Decide amongst yourselves which of you will fall on your swords.

Ummm, Fred, if you were to ban 5 conservatives that would clean all of them that remain on the island out--pretty much.

Depending on which 5 liberals you banned, that would abrogate the need to ban those 5 conservatives--because those 5 conservatives get into mischief by throwing out troll bait for the aforementioned 5 liberal usual suspects to get their blood pressure and obnoxious factor worked up.

Or you could just throw everyone who participated in this thread out on their ass and be done with it.

Wait a sec on that last part. I just participated, didn't I...?

K7SGJ
06-01-2013, 03:01 PM
Ummm, Fred, if you were to ban 5 conservatives that would clean all of them that remain on the island out--pretty much.

Depending on which 5 liberals you banned, that would abrogate the need to ban those 5 conservatives--because those 5 conservatives get into mischief by throwing out troll bait for the aforementioned 5 liberal usual suspects to get their blood pressure and obnoxious factor worked up.

Or you could just throw everyone who participated in this thread out on their ass and be done with it.

Wait a sec on that last part. I just participated, didn't I...?

If Fred did the 5x5 thing, there would be little, if any, posting going on any where around here. Except for the pun threads, of course.

Bubba
06-01-2013, 04:13 PM
OMFG. I read these post and have no fcking clue as to what you guys are talking about. Paul, GUH ? WTF. A lot of talk and no comprehension on my part. OH, well I guess there is no way for me to chime in, I guess thats a good thing you guys are thinking. :omg:

WØTKX
06-01-2013, 04:16 PM
Your dawg can't hunt this one. Leave it boy!

K7SGJ
06-01-2013, 04:30 PM
OMFG. I read these post and have no fcking clue as to what you guys are talking about. Paul, GUH ? WTF. A lot of talk and no comprehension on my part. OH, well I guess there is no way for me to chime in, I guess thats a good thing you guys are thinking. :omg:

You're better off going fishing or throwing a Frisbee for the hound.

Bubba
06-01-2013, 04:35 PM
You're better off going fishing or throwing a Frisbee for the hound.

OK,

I will do that. Let me know when you guys come up with something on my lowly level, like dog issues or rum drinking etc.

WX7P
06-01-2013, 04:38 PM
OK,

I will do that. Let me know when you guys come up with something on my lowly level, like dog issues or rum drinking etc.

No, this is below your lowly level (what ever that is) David

It's just some old shipwreck detritus floating to the surface.

I'm not really into dogs, but what breed is Bubba? He looks like a friendly pooch.

K7SGJ
06-01-2013, 04:39 PM
No, this is below your lowly level (what ever that is, David).

I'm not really into dogs, but what is Bubba? He looks like a friendly pooch.

It's just some old shipwreck detritus floating to the surface.

He probably throws Frisbees for David to catch.

WX7P
06-01-2013, 04:42 PM
He probably throws Frisbees for David to catch.

Careful, Rata.

You might be accused of rattling a cage or something.

K7SGJ
06-01-2013, 04:46 PM
Careful, Rata.

You might be accused of rattling a cage or something.

Let me clarify, the dog looks like he is thinking, "there is no fucking way I'm getting off my ass to chase that thing, but I'll be more than happy to toss it out there for you", ya bastid.

N2NH
06-01-2013, 05:33 PM
Sorry to repeat myself but just a reminder: The Politics & Strong Opinion "anything goes" rules do not apply in this thread. Please heed.

Fine. Thanks for the warning. Now tell the one who resurrected this thread with it's attacks from last year that, before the rules went into effect.

You guys are doing a great job moderating and administrating. Problem is someone was one of you and is doing all he can to undermine your efforts.

Lock it or not, this is my final post on this thread unless someone moves it to Politics.

Bubba
06-01-2013, 06:04 PM
Let me clarify, the dog looks like he is thinking, "there is no fucking way I'm getting off my as to chase that thing, but I'll be more than happy to toss it out there for you", ya bastid.

That is funny !! Because you are so right. That fucking dog is not going to do shit for anyone. He’s an English Mastiff, 270 lbs now, and runs his own show. The biggest dogs in the world, seriously. I’m just lucky he lets me back in my own house sometimes. His name is Oscar actually, the Bubba reference is if you happened to be in the jail / kennel cell next to him, I could not guarantee your safety or your virginity... :lol: :lol: ..http://www.zoominto.com/zoomapi/ZoomButt.gif

Bubba
06-01-2013, 06:19 PM
Before it gets locked, if it does, since I didn’t have too much to say, I would like to acknowledge my promotion to Tiki Bearer.. A proud moment for me indeed. I appreciate all the drinks I can maybe get on the house...:cheers: :vomit:

K7SGJ
06-01-2013, 06:42 PM
Before it gets locked, if it does, since I didn’t have too much to say, I would like to acknowledge my promotion to Tiki Bearer.. A proud moment for me indeed. I appreciate all the drinks I can maybe get on the house...:cheers: :vomit:

No.................. sorry..................all that gets you, is eligibility to be tossed into the non-virgin volcano.

NA4BH
06-01-2013, 06:45 PM
Besides we don't let people go up on the house anymore. Not after the incident. :whistle:

K7SGJ
06-01-2013, 06:48 PM
Besides we don't let people go up on the house anymore. Not after the incident. :whistle:

Son of a bitch, you just HAD to bring up the incident. Do you know how much carpet we had to buy just to sweep that under? MF. Remind me to never trust you with a secret.

NA4BH
06-01-2013, 06:51 PM
The dog humped out of me, I couldn't help it. I swear

K7SGJ
06-01-2013, 06:53 PM
The dog humped out of me, I couldn't help it. I swear

Oh, I misinterpreted what you said. I thought you went out drinking. You meant a bender as in over, no?

NA4BH
06-01-2013, 07:00 PM
We went drinking and got bent, over at the Lumbar, two for one happy hour.

K7SGJ
06-01-2013, 07:01 PM

Huh. Didn't know you were into threesomes, but that's okay. It don't make you all bad.

Bubba
06-01-2013, 07:57 PM
Just don’t bend over in front of Oscar after you have been drinking, that’s all I can recommend.

K7SGJ
06-01-2013, 07:58 PM
Just don’t bend over in front of Oscar after you have been drinking, that’s all I can recommend.

I don't think I'd take a chance doing it cold stone sober, either.

AE1PT
06-01-2013, 08:53 PM

So you got drunk, bent over, and the dog humped you.

Why are you telling us this? Are there pictures?

Can I interest you in a fat lesbian, or a dead Ukrainian hooker instead?

K7SGJ
06-01-2013, 09:02 PM

Huh, I always thought they were one in the same, so to speak.

Bubba
06-01-2013, 10:06 PM

Did it look anything like this, does this jog your memory ??

K7SGJ
06-01-2013, 10:07 PM
Did it look anything like this, does this jog your memory ??

Damn, that's just so wrong.

NA4BH
06-01-2013, 10:09 PM
Dog pron.......

Bubba
06-01-2013, 10:15 PM
I’m just seeing if that brings back memories at the lumbar yard. lol... :cool2:

WØTKX
06-01-2013, 11:28 PM
I remember a parody issue of National Lampoon called Pethouse. But there seems to be a gender issue in this example. So, this would be for "Bluepup"?

N7YA
06-02-2013, 04:14 PM

Nope, next free drink level is 10k (hint hint)....by the way, i just think its amazing that you got your Clydesdale horse to even THINK about frisbee!

Bubba
06-02-2013, 05:06 PM
Nope, next free drink level is 10k (hint hint)....by the way, i just think its amazing that you got your Clydesdale horse to even THINK about frisbee!

No, that wasn’t me. My dog has never caught a frisbee in his life. You can throw one to him, but don’t throw it too far because he is not getting off the ground to go anywhere and you'll have to track it down if you want it back. If you were to throw a cheeseburger out far, he will get that .. guaranteed.....

KA9MOT
06-02-2013, 05:15 PM
If you were to throw a cheeseburger out far, he will get that .. guaranteed.....

Yeah but..... will he bring it back?

WØTKX
06-02-2013, 05:49 PM
Sort of. Requires a plastic bag for cleanup.

N7YA
06-02-2013, 05:52 PM
Thats why i said think of frisbee....he doesnt look like the kind of dog to sacrifice comfort for too many things in this world.

Bubba
06-02-2013, 09:04 PM
Thats why i said think of frisbee....he doesnt look like the kind of dog to sacrifice comfort for too many things in this world.

You got him pegged perfectly. No pulling one over on you. He’s a lazy POS and proud of it !!

NA4BH
06-02-2013, 09:06 PM
He’s a lazy POS and proud of it !!

Glad to see him doing his job......

N7YA
06-03-2013, 06:34 AM
You got him pegged perfectly. No pulling one over on you. He’s a lazy POS and proud of it !!

Because it takes one to recognize it. :lol:

Bubba
06-03-2013, 08:55 PM
Because it takes one to recognize it. :lol:

Very true !! They say a dog is a representative of its owner. So there you have it, we both have big ,, paws. :lol: :lol:

http://www.zoominto.com/zoomapi/ZoomButt.gif

N7YA
06-04-2013, 05:32 AM
I was actually referring to myself, but ill gladly welcome you into the brotherhood of Lazykins.

K7SGJ
06-04-2013, 07:49 AM
I was actually referring to myself, but ill gladly welcome you into the brotherhood of Lazykins.

You don't have to hound him.

N7YA
06-04-2013, 08:04 AM
Throw me a bone here, i didnt want to end up in the doghouse.

K7SGJ
06-04-2013, 08:16 AM
Por que',9

W3WN
06-04-2013, 10:00 AM
You guys are barking up the wrong tree.

But then, any excuse to unleash the hounds, er, puns....

K7SGJ
06-04-2013, 10:27 AM
Maybe I should pack it in, and Malamute myself.

WØTKX
06-04-2013, 11:23 AM
It's the ass fault...

http://youtu.be/0X9jUCntLn8

http://youtu.be/0X9jUCntLn8

X-Rated
06-04-2013, 12:33 PM
Maybe I should pack it in, and Malamute myself.

Who are you collie a 'mute? This is a bunch of pit bull.

K7SGJ
06-04-2013, 12:38 PM
Who are you collie a 'mute? This is a bunch of pit bull.

Sorry, I get stressed when I step in a poodle of dog piss.

w2amr
06-04-2013, 02:21 PM
A 1958 Plymouth Fury. From 1958 though 1961, I have a hard time telling them apart unless I can see the back half (fins).

Bad to the bone, da da da da da bbbbbbad

WØTKX
06-04-2013, 04:11 PM
Those in a four door made the coolest taxis, ever.

N1LAF
06-16-2013, 07:04 PM
Paul, W1GUH, called me last night, wanted me to tell everyone here at the Island that he is doing well, cancer under control, and he is feeling great.

He also said that he is spending time at the Zed, and remarked the change in attitude over there.

N2NH
06-16-2013, 08:10 PM
Those in a four door made the coolest taxis, ever.

You're right and they were big inside. I remember riding some as a kid. Nice smooth ride on NY potholed streets. Had a pic of one in Times Sq in the 50s(?), but can't find it...

AE1PT
06-16-2013, 08:13 PM
Paul, W1GUH, called me last night, wanted me to tell everyone here at the Island that he is doing well, cancer under control, and he is feeling great.

He also said that he is spending time at the Zed, and remarked the change in attitude over there.

Wow, that is simply freaking wonderful! We should all rush right over there and wait for Fred to have another passive-aggressive episode and swing the pendulum back the other way. It's only a matter of time--as it has happened at least 4 times before.

Would the last person to leave here please turn the server off?

WX7P
06-16-2013, 08:19 PM
Wow, that is simply freaking wonderful! We should all rush right over there and wait for Fred to have another passive-aggressive episode and swing the pendulum back the other way. It's only a matter of time--as it has happened at least 4 times before.

Would the last person to leave here please turn the server off?

Heh, heh, heh.

No kidding. It's only a matter of time.

KJ3N
06-16-2013, 08:38 PM

http://www.portlandmercury.com/binary/91d1/1253637441-admiral_ackbar.jpg

WX7P
06-16-2013, 08:46 PM

:lol:

Bubba
06-16-2013, 08:48 PM
“ spending time at the Zed, and remarked the change in attitude over there ".

What change ?? From bad to worst ??

WX7P
06-16-2013, 08:49 PM
What change ?? From bad to worst ??

Pay no nevermind. That's just Paul agenda-ifying.

Nothing to see here.

N7YA
06-16-2013, 11:53 PM
Good to hear he is doing well.

No, i will not be jumping ship and gracing those halls over yonder. On RARE occasion i will stop over there and peruse around a bit, but i never post because its simply not that inspirational to me to do so.

More importantly, they have no sense of humor...like, at all! You guys have better jokes. Done deal as far as im concerned.

WØTKX
06-17-2013, 12:12 AM
http://www.timony.com/jokes/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/vw_lighthouse_island.jpg

N7YA
06-17-2013, 06:18 AM
Yes, we also have an auto industry and extensive freeway system in place.

W3WN
06-17-2013, 07:57 AM

Would the last person to leave here please turn the server off?Only four?

Well, you used to be part of the management team, so if you say it's four, I won't argue. I was thinking more like ten. But whatever.

I have noticed that some of the more argumentative & stubborn induhviduals (and I could think of a few other things to call them, but never mind that) have been absent from Over Yonder for quite some time. Not all of them, just some. But I suspect that soon enough, they'll be back, and that will be the end of perestroika (or however you spell it).

AE1PT
06-17-2013, 09:01 AM
Only four?

Well, you used to be part of the management team, so if you say it's four, I won't argue. I was thinking more like ten. But whatever.

I have noticed that some of the more argumentative & stubborn induhviduals (and I could think of a few other things to call them, but never mind that) have been absent from Over Yonder for quite some time. Not all of them, just some. But I suspect that soon enough, they'll be back, and that will be the end of perestroika (or however you spell it).

There have been four iterations of political discussion forums there--and each time they have crashed and burned. Those forums were a response to get the political rubbish out of the other fora. Each time the pendulum has swung from 'anything goes' to 'everything goes.' There seems to be absolutely no institutional memory on the senior leadership part as to what and why these things happens.

You are right about the other moderation swings though. Those are like little neurotic hiccups that come along with regularity, and then disappear as quickly as they appear. Who knows. The denizens of the swamp continue to belch and fart...

I notice that a WHOLE LOT of permabanned asshats have made a reappearance. For the most part they are behaving reasonably civil. Because most of them are certifiably batshit crazy, it's only a matter of time!

VE7DCW
06-17-2013, 12:14 PM
Yes, we also have an auto industry and extensive freeway system in place.

Yeah....... but the tolls charged are getting a bit excessive...... :mrgreen:

PA5COR
06-17-2013, 12:17 PM
Yep.
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff40/maskedstranger2007/bth_icon_popcorn.gif popcorn anyone?

NQ6U
06-17-2013, 12:33 PM
If you zoom way in on that car you'll see it's actually a Bugatti Veyron.

WØTKX
06-17-2013, 01:33 PM
I think it may be Photoshopped. But it's pretty funny.

N1LAF
06-17-2013, 01:56 PM

:lol:

KG4NEL
06-17-2013, 02:00 PM

w2amr
06-17-2013, 04:17 PM

It would have been nice to hear it from him, but OK.

WØTKX
06-17-2013, 04:50 PM
^^^ This, and thank you.

N2NH
06-18-2013, 08:34 AM
It would have been nice to hear it from him, but OK.

^^^ This, and thank you.

Yah, the same here.

WX7P
06-18-2013, 08:43 AM
I guess it's hard to post when you are being used as a prop.

X-Rated
06-18-2013, 11:48 AM
JTY had am MRI on Saturday and is seeing a specialist on his shoulder this week. We will see how that goes. He is in so much pain all the time. I hope he feels better soon.

N2NH
06-18-2013, 03:32 PM
JTY had am MRI on Saturday and is seeing a specialist on his shoulder this week. We will see how that goes. He is in so much pain all the time. I hope he feels better soon.

Wish him well for me. Hope he is feeling better soon.

KG4CGC
06-18-2013, 03:43 PM

Do you know if he's been outside of an MD's care? I can trace my shoulder problems to back alignment.

Bubba
06-18-2013, 05:25 PM
Do you know if he's been outside of an MD's care? I can trace my shoulder problems to back alignment.

I’m thinking maybe Bubba can re align you if you want...

KJ3N
06-18-2013, 07:10 PM
I’m thinking maybe Bubba can re align you if you want...

If he doesn't crush you first.

KG4CGC
06-18-2013, 07:53 PM
If he doesn't crush you first.

Or rape you.

KJ3N
06-18-2013, 09:25 PM
Or rape you.

Bubba's a Republican?

Bubba
06-18-2013, 09:27 PM
Or rape you.

Squeeze me ? I think if you are paying Bubba for the service, it may be classified a little differently..

Bubba
06-19-2013, 06:11 AM
Bubba's a Republican?

No, Bubba is a card carrying PETA member with a Greenpeace board membership. He also participates in all pro human and 4 legged humanitarian activities. He is also very pro LGBT, and loves to spread the love to those in need.. ...