PDA

View Full Version : The Fighting... what?

W3WN
09-18-2012, 01:03 PM
Slightly diversionary... somewhat amusing... and you can't make this stuff up...

I don't know if any of you read the "Tuesday Morning Quarterback" blog that ESPN posts on their website. (See http://espn.go.com/espn/playbook/story/_/id/8392213/only-week-2-boo-birds-were-force-super-bowl-teams-greg-schiano)

But I had to chuckle at this little ditty, about 3/4 of the way down ("Low Graduation Rates? Fine with the NCAA. Two Feathers? OMG!")

The NCAA has ordered the University of North Dakota to drop their nickname, the Fighting Sioux.

Mr. Schiano proposes that their new nickname should be: The Fighting Sue. "perhaps with Johnny Cash theme music." And their new helmet logo? A drawing of Johnny Cash, of course. (See illustration courtesy of ESPN's Kurt Snibbe)

KG4CGC
09-18-2012, 01:08 PM
GO COCKS!

KG4NEL
09-18-2012, 01:49 PM
GO COCKS!

And to think, our AD banned the marching band from leading the crowd in yelling "Stick It In" whenever the ball was inside 20 yards... :snicker:

N7YA
09-18-2012, 03:38 PM
Just wait until they snap it deep to their tight end and take it all the way in for the big finish.

GO COCKS!

WØTKX
09-18-2012, 03:54 PM
This thread has become tasteless, and a mite knobular. :mrgreen:

http://www.webpan.com/thelaughin/images/show/laughin_henry_gibson.jpg

KG4CGC
09-18-2012, 04:18 PM
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/bebop5/41XPUTC3S2L._AA280_.jpg

kb2vxa
09-18-2012, 10:52 PM
My hometown HS football cheer was/is rah rah Rahway but it was SO much fun getting a whole section to yell EAT IT rah rah Rahway!

"GO COCKS!"

Ya got it backward... COME COCKS! Oh no, you cock a doodle DIDN'T!

N7YA
09-18-2012, 11:21 PM
Ya got it backward... COME COCKS! Oh no, you cock a doodle DIDN'T!

:lol:

W3WN
09-19-2012, 07:17 AM
You guys all have your minds in the gutter, or lower, you know that?

My kind of people.

Barkeep! A round for the house!

NQ6U
09-19-2012, 07:53 AM
GO COCKS!

So, if you tackle their quarterback behind the line of scrimmage, does that make you a Cock sacker?

K7SGJ
09-19-2012, 08:33 AM
^^^

W3WN
09-19-2012, 10:00 AM
So, if you tackle their quarterback behind the line of scrimmage, does that make you a Cock sacker?+10

And it's a good thing that I know better than to be sipping coffee while reading these kinds of threads...

W3WN
09-19-2012, 10:06 AM
When I was in college, back in the dark ages of thermionic valves... each of the dorm buildings was divided into "houses" (usually 2 floors together). Naturally, there were intramural athletics (football, basketball, etc.) using teams made up of students from each "house."

One such squad was located in the North Halls dorm complex. I believe that they were "Adams House" at the time. But there was another "house" with a similar name (happened all the time... there were at least four "Kissamee" houses, for example -- 2 girls-only dorms, one co-ed, one guys only, go figure)

Their team was called North Adams Dorm Students. Quite a, er, mouthful. So they went by their initials. NADS.

Can you imagine what the cheers where?

X-Rated
09-19-2012, 10:52 AM
When I was in college, back in the dark ages of thermionic valves... each of the dorm buildings was divided into "houses" (usually 2 floors together). Naturally, there were intramural athletics (football, basketball, etc.) using teams made up of students from each "house."

One such squad was located in the North Halls dorm complex. I believe that they were "Adams House" at the time. But there was another "house" with a similar name (happened all the time... there were at least four "Kissamee" houses, for example -- 2 girls-only dorms, one co-ed, one guys only, go figure)

Their team was called North Adams Dorm Students. Quite a, er, mouthful. So they went by their initials. NADS.

Can you imagine what the cheers where?

Cum nads?

W3WN
09-19-2012, 10:55 AM
Well, they didn't cheer "Go North Adams"...

N7YA
09-19-2012, 05:33 PM
The games must be challenging to be the announcer-in-the-booth for. Having to routinely say such gems as...

"Cocks have the ball"
"Hes a good, young tight end for the Cocks"
"The Cocks go deep!"
etc....

I would imagine there are a few moments of self thought like "Come on, hold it together, i'm a professional here...you can do it, you're a grown man, not a third grader...one more quarter to go..."

kb2vxa
09-20-2012, 07:38 PM
Oh, I almost forgot...