PDA

View Full Version : Big sodas, now this. What's next?

K7SGJ
09-18-2012, 09:23 AM
Seems like the law makers and courts are getting totally out of hand. How far does this insanity have to go before people stand up and say enough? I remember the first Father-Daughter dance I took my daughter to. It was a very special night, and one neither one of us will ever forget. This is total bullshit. Shame on RI. bastids

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/18/ri-school-says-daddaughte_n_1892939.html

W3WN
09-18-2012, 10:32 AM
Political correctness run amuck.

AE1PT
09-18-2012, 10:46 AM
Being a legislator, council member, or Board should be a part-time job. These folks have little to do once they have taken care of real business except concoct laws, regulations, and make stupid rules and judgements. Another example of people being educated beyond their native intelligence with too much time on their hands...

KG4CGC
09-18-2012, 10:58 AM
Look on the bright side. At least you can still marry your cousin in Rhode Island.
(or is that New Hampshire)

ab1ga
09-18-2012, 12:34 PM
It's a law.
In Rhode Island.
Meant to be broken.

NQ6U
09-18-2012, 02:59 PM
Political correctness run amuck.

Read the story more carefully. The problem isn't political correctness, it's a poorly-drafted state law that doesn't exempt these sorts of events the way federal law does. The school administrators had no choice; they had to obey state law. If Rhode Islanders don't like it, they should petition their state legislators to change the law.

AE1PT
09-18-2012, 04:06 PM
Read the story more carefully. The problem isn't political correctness, it's a poorly-drafted state law that doesn't exempt these sorts of events the way federal law does. The school administrators had no choice; they had to obey state law. If Rhode Islanders don't like it, they should petition their state legislators to change the law.

Again he sez, people with too much time on their hands filling it up with ill informed and rubbish sorts of laws, ordinances, and rules...

I'm not so sure about this thing not being political correctness on the state level and pandering to foamy mouthed ninnies. Looks to me that is what happened on the state level and they botched the whole damned thing. Imagine that...

NY3V
09-18-2012, 04:40 PM
Look on the bright side. At least you can still marry your cousin in Rhode Island.
(or is that New Hampshire)

I think it's a requirement where I live. ;)

NQ6U
09-18-2012, 09:54 PM
I'm not so sure about this thing not being political correctness on the state level and pandering to foamy mouthed ninnies.

I don't think that trying to prevent gender discrimination is a bad thing; the term "Political Correctness" is nothing more an invention of the right, a convenient label to slap on anything that limits them from expressing their inner Neanderthal.

Looks to me that is what happened on the state level and they botched the whole damned thing. Imagine that...

Uh, yeah, that was pretty much what I was trying to say.

KG4CGC
09-18-2012, 10:05 PM
I don't think that trying to prevent gender discrimination is a bad thing; the term "Political Correctness" is nothing more an invention of the right, a convenient label to slap on anything that limits them from expressing their inner Neanderthal.

Uh, yeah, that was pretty much what I was trying to say.

Awesome, Carl.

kb2vxa
09-18-2012, 10:41 PM
"Political correctness run amuck."

Actually it's amok but your spelling makes a better adjective, a muck. I have a solution that's a guaranteed money maker. How about a rental service and call it Adopt A Parent? Hey, if parents can adopt kids then kids can adopt parents. Hey I know you have to be 18 or older to sign a legal document but a legal guardian can sign for a minor, challenge THAT in court. (;->)

"At least you can still marry your cousin in Rhode Island.
(or is that New Hampshire)"
"I think it's a requirement where I live."

They do things a little different in South Carolina. Why do you think it's called Mount Pleasant? I'll give you a clue, it has nothing to do with mountains. (Now look at my QTH.)

KG4CGC
09-18-2012, 11:03 PM
"Political correctness run amuck."

Actually it's amok but your spelling makes a better adjective, a muck. I have a solution that's a guaranteed money maker. How about a rental service and call it Adopt A Parent? Hey, if parents can adopt kids then kids can adopt parents. Hey I know you have to be 18 or older to sign a legal document but a legal guardian can sign for a minor, challenge THAT in court. (;->)

"At least you can still marry your cousin in Rhode Island.
(or is that New Hampshire)"
"I think it's a requirement where I live."

They do things a little different in South Carolina. Why do you think it's called Mount Pleasant? I'll give you a clue, it has nothing to do with mountains. (Now look at my QTH.)

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/tip/8239