PDA

View Full Version : Anybody going to Peoria Superfest?

KA9MOT
09-17-2012, 06:43 PM
I'll be there on Saturday the 22nd, selling my stash from the back of the Fire Engine Red Ford.
Stop and say hello!

K7SGJ
09-17-2012, 07:43 PM
I'll be there on Saturday the 22nd, selling my stash from the back of the Fire Engine Red Ford.
Stop and say hello!

Cool. Going to have any electronic stuff, or just the stash?

W2NAP
09-20-2012, 04:01 PM
way to far away.

KC9RFO
09-23-2012, 11:33 AM
Saw you yesterday and was meaning to come back over where you were parked and say hello. Was with my cousin and he needed to leave early so never got back over your way. Was pretty disappointed yesterday to say the least. Been 12 years since i have been to the superfest and things sure have changed. Was expecting a lot more vendors then was there, has it been that way for awhile now?Not knocking the club that holds that event as they do a good job but came away disappointed as to what was there. Of course the weather change didn't help I'm sure. Was surprised at how many packed up after lunch and left. 73 Wayne

Stop and say hello!

KA9MOT
09-23-2012, 12:07 PM
Hello Wayne!

You should have said hello! I was probably "out of it" for 2 hours but I would have been happy to meet you. I don't walk well and asked to be given a spot close to the buildings. The way I was feeling (sick) the trip to the bathroom was a major excursion for me. I did not have the opportunity to check out the Vendors. As you saw, my "spot" was between two of the buildings and they really channeled the wind through there. It was soooo cold! Thankfully Scott (kc9siw) and Stevie held down the fort for me. They were both a huge help!

The first time I went to Peoria was 2006. It was the best hamfest in the area. I enjoyed it but folks were saying, "There was allot more last year". It has been the same every year. A little less to see and do. I missed last year because I was sick. This will probably be my last Hamfest unless I get a wheel chair or something. I enjoy them because you get to meet some of the folks you talked to on the radio, see old friends and socialize. I usually buy something, but didn't yesterday. I stayed as long as I could bear it, and went home about 1:30PM. There was a long line of cars trying to get out.

BTW, in 2007 or 2008 most of the door prizes and all of the big prizes (HF Rig and Laptop both went to the Club President) went to their club members. :omg: :shhh: :naughty: Many people were upset by that (it looked bad), and I am certain that has kept a bunch of those folks away. People are still talking about it.

KC9RFO
09-23-2012, 12:45 PM
I'm sorry i didn't make it back over to say hello. I came back home with a pack of coax connectors and a new mic for my HT but that was it. You are so right on it being cold. I was trying not to over dress when i left home that morning but had no idea it was going to be that cold. So i ended up under dressed and froze most of the morning. We left around the same time as you did it seems. I hope you are feeling better today and that this isn't your last hamfest. Its 2 1/2 hours from here @ home and i really don't know if we will bother coming back next year. Thanks for the info about what went on in 07 or 08 as i wasn't aware of that and that does sound very bad. I'm sure that stuck in many peoples minds as it sure stinks to high heaven! Glad your friends were there to help you out yesterday! Your right on being between those buildings as far as the wind goes.

W2NAP
09-23-2012, 01:15 PM
i know that RFO dude from somewhere

KC9RFO
09-23-2012, 01:39 PM
LOL i wonder where, Hi Tony :)

i know that RFO dude from somewhere