PDA

View Full Version : Amazing collection of neon and old cars

W5GA
09-17-2012, 08:21 AM
What a bunch of history!

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=6IYISQ6DVwk&vq=medium

NQ6U
09-17-2012, 08:34 AM
I love neon! Worked in a sign shop when I was going to school and have hung a few tubes in my day. Always wanted to learn how to bend the glass but never got the chance.

n2ize
09-17-2012, 11:14 AM
I love neon! Worked in a sign shop when I was going to school and have hung a few tubes in my day. Always wanted to learn how to bend the glass but never got the chance.
i had a couple of neon beer signs in the past. One was a Lowebrau sign. The upper part of the sign worked but the lower part that said "Lowenbrau" was broken. I still have the traansformer from that sign. I also had a Budweiser sign but unfortunately I sold it. I would like to get a new neon sign. I particularly like the neon (orange-red) colour and the green. I am going to see if I can buy one or have one made. A neon clock would be nice also.

N2NH
09-18-2012, 08:11 AM
There is a clock gadget for the Desktop in Windows 7. One of the clocks given in the options is a neon clock. Just put it up. Thanks for the idea.

n2ize
09-18-2012, 02:08 PM
There is a clock gadget for the Desktop in Windows 7. One of the clocks given in the options is a neon clock. Just put it up. Thanks for the idea.

Years ago I wrote a desktop neon clock. Allowed the user to select the neon colours. Nice but still not a replacement for real neon.

N7YA
09-18-2012, 03:49 PM
You like Neon? How about classic neon from the original places Sinatra and Grabo used to hang. I got a rare opportunity to wander through the neon graveyard here in Vegas for about an hour. Strictly off limits to the public due to the fragility of the old signs and bulbs. It was a real blast! I was there doing a photo shoot with the band as part of a photography group my bosses wife is a part of. I took a couple of shots off the cell phone, but the files are too big to post here...i have a couple on my website if you're interested.

N2NH
09-18-2012, 06:25 PM
Years ago I wrote a desktop neon clock. Allowed the user to select the neon colours. Nice but still not a replacement for real neon.

There's always this...
http://i50.tinypic.com/2eltphw.jpg