PDA

View Full Version : On The Off Chance That ...

KG4CGC
09-11-2012, 04:38 PM
... I am a Halifax Bank customer...

We detected that you are accessing your account from a different location (IP: 41.138.184.233, Country: RU). We sent a verification email make sure you are the owner of this account.As the Primary Contact, you must verify your account Activity before you can continue using your card, and upon verification, we will remove any restrictions placed on your account.To review your account as soon as possible please download the attached form and follow the instructions on your screen. Thank you for using Halifax Bank Plc. Regards, Management Halifax Bank Plc.

Please do not reply to this e-mail as this is only a notification. Mail sent to this address cannot be answered. We believe that the Halifax website tells you all you need to know to make an informed decision about taking out one of our products.If you'd like more general information, the Financial Services Authority (FSA), the financial services watchdog, provides a range of free consumer booklets and factsheets and a Consumer Helpline.You can visit their website or call 08456 06 12 34.The FSA have a wealth of helpful information on a wide range of financial areas. However, they can only provide general information and cannot give specific advice or recommend any company's products, investigate individual complaints or contact firms on behalf of individuals. Copyright (c) Halifax Bank Plc. The information contained in this email and any attachments is confidential and may be subject to copyright or other intellectual property protection. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to use or disclose this information, and we request that you notify us by reply mail or telephone and delete the original message from your mail system.

Spammy McScammerton is busy. Notice the errors in the top paragraphs while the bottom half looks like it was directlt copy and pasted from an actual bank notice letter.

PA5COR
09-11-2012, 06:32 PM
Strange thing is that there are always gullible people falling for it....

NA4BH
09-11-2012, 06:54 PM
Print very neatly on the form, it expedites the process.

N2CHX
09-11-2012, 07:46 PM
Don't forget to include your DOB and SS number.

XE1/N5AL
09-11-2012, 09:06 PM
If those Nigerian lads would stop taking money out of my bank account, I would be able to save up enough to buy a nice antenna tower!

kb2vxa
09-12-2012, 12:29 AM
Ya ain't seen nuttin yet. I get bills for $2,000+ from Verizon Wireless and I don't have a cell phone, similar payment acknowledgements from companies I never heard from, Western Union wire transfers and even multiple notices of a complaint settlement from the BBB and I don't own a business. It's coming in so fast and furious the spam killer on my domain server can't keep up with it!

"Don't forget to include your DOB and SS number."

That would make him a dobber in the Nazi Protection Squadron.