PDA

View Full Version : NASA's UFO Files

N2NH
09-11-2012, 03:30 PM
Wow am I sorry that I missed this one. Hopefully it will get repeated. Still, it brings up some interesting questions. If trained astronauts are seeing them, some of them ex-fighter pilots, then what they see would be less questionable than a regular run of the mill ufo sighting, um loonie...

Spanning the Mercury, Gemini, Apollo, Skylab and space shuttle programs, astronauts saw unusual lights and objects, some considered unidentified flying objects or UFOs.
Through astronaut interviews and comments from leading scientists, "NASA's Unexplained Files" raises a question about the things they photographed: Is this proof of extraterrestrial life or simply misidentifications of "normal" objects?

One case goes back to June 3, 1965, during the Gemini IV mission when Ed White performed the first space walk by an American. At one point during the flight, command pilot Jim McDivitt, pictured at right, spotted an unusual object in space.
"At the time that I saw it, I said there was something out in front of me or outside the spacecraft that I couldn't identify, and I never have been able to identify it, and I don't think anybody ever will," McDivitt said back in 1975.

The NASA UFO Files. (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/27/nasa-ufo-science-channel-special_n_1380571.html?ref=weird-news)

KG4CGC
09-11-2012, 03:38 PM
UFOs? Nothing to see here. More loonie conspiracies. We are the only beings in the Universe.

NY3V
09-11-2012, 04:07 PM
UFOs Exist!

The USAF does Not exist!

N2NH
09-11-2012, 04:44 PM
NASA's UFO Files

Swamp gas in space. Or pigs in space.

http://files-cdn.formspring.me/photos/20120816/n502d831701c92.jpg

NM5TF
09-20-2012, 09:36 AM
UFOs? Nothing to see here. More loonie conspiracies. We are the only beings in the Universe.

oh really....how do you explain this then???

taken where I used to work.....

ab1ga
09-20-2012, 09:39 AM

Lost in New Mexico?

WØTKX
09-20-2012, 10:07 AM
UFO's are just that... unidentified.

Personally, I'm a skeptical believer. The truth is out there... probably way out there.

From the math crunching of Drake's equations to the premise of potential time travel.

http://newhumanist.org.uk/images/Drake-Equation-Blackboard.jpg

N2NH
09-20-2012, 10:17 AM

KEWL! SETI IIRC? I think that we would get better results if we found what method of communication they're using. I don't think we've stumbled on that yet though.

If we're alone, then why did we send this into space?

KB3LAZ
09-20-2012, 12:26 PM

What about in another universe? ;)

NM5TF
09-20-2012, 12:51 PM
KEWL! SETI IIRC? I think that we would get better results if we found what method of communication they're using. I don't think we've stumbled on that yet though.

If we're alone, then why did we send this into space?
nope...not SETI...it's the VLA in New Mexico...part of NRAO.....

see my avatar for a ground level view.....

NQ6U
09-20-2012, 02:27 PM

Do you know Nick? He's a fellow Islander and I believe he works at the VLA as well.

And as to people who equate the probability of other intelligent life existing in the galaxy with that of said life actually visiting here, I say that if your math skills are that much worse than those of a mere truck driver, I hope you have an accountant taking care of your finances.

NM5TF
09-20-2012, 02:42 PM
Do you know Nick? He's a fellow Islander and I believe he works at the VLA as well.

And as to people who equate the probability of other intelligent life existing in the galaxy with that of said life actually visiting here, I say that if your math skills are that much worse than those of a mere truck driver, I hope you have an accountant taking care of your finances.

maybe I would know Nick if he had a last name...or callsign....I retired in 2007 so
would not know anyone from after that period.....

"mere truck driver"????? I would be extra careful about driving on any Interstate
if I were you.....lots of drivers are also hams & may frequent the Island....just sayin'....

N2NH
09-20-2012, 03:19 PM

Right. Very Large Array. I've seen a lot of pics about it. Wasn't Contact filmed there?

Impressive. Hm, maybe I should do some Astronomy studies... :chin:

NM5TF
09-20-2012, 03:28 PM
Right. Very Large Array. I've seen a lot of pics about it. Wasn't Contact filmed there?

Impressive. Hm, maybe I should do some Astronomy studies... :chin:

yes, Contact was partly filmed there...we even closed to the public for 10
days while they filmed there....

Warner Bros was kind enuff to share the catering truck with us during lunch...

while eating inside the huge mess tent one day , I was approached by 2 people
asking if they could join us for lunch to get a feel for what it was like to work there...

it was Jodie Foster & James Woods....they asked lots of intelligent questions &
seemed genuinely interested in what we did there....( name dropping mode OFF )

WØTKX
09-20-2012, 03:44 PM
Creaaaator, wasn't that plaque (plate) on Veeejur... I mean Voyager?

Err, Sterilize?

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s55/ka_nao/baz1.gif

W2NAP
09-20-2012, 03:57 PM
in 1965 the aliens came in them spaceships.. realized humans were pretty dumb..

they came back in 75 and realized humans are still pretty dumb.

2012 they came back again only to realize humans have gotten even more dumb

N2NH
09-20-2012, 04:55 PM
Creaaaator, wasn't that plaque (plate) on Veeejur... I mean Voyager?

Err, Sterilize?

I believe that they had them on Voyager too but that is the one from Pioneer 10. They last had contact with it in 2002 and it has been over 40 years now that it was launched.

http://www.nasa.gov/centers/ames/images/content/72429main_AC83-0351.jpg