PDA

View Full Version : Woman Suing, Claims McDonald's Turned Her Into a Prostitute.

N2NH
09-11-2012, 03:11 PM
I used to wonder why Ronald was so happy...

Shelley Lynn, a former prostitute and employee of the Las Vegas Chicken Ranch brothel, has claimed in a federal court complaint that McDonald's played a role in her becoming a sex worker (http://consumerist.com/2012/03/prostitute-blames-mcdonalds-for-driving-her-into-profession.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter), the Consumerist reports.
Lynn is suing McDonald's along with her ex-husband and his company Ivernia, which owned the local McDonald's franchise where Lynn was employed as a cashier 20 years ago, according to the complaint obtained by Courthouse News Service (http://www.courthousenews.com/2012/03/26/45034.htm).
Handley "emotionally and psychologically" coerced Lynn into prostitution in part because McDonald's paid her minimum wage, offered a poor health care plans and no benefits and had no system for filing grievances against employers who abused their power, according to the complaint. All of these factors allowed Handley, her employer when the two began dating, to unjustly terminate her employment and browbeat her into sex work, Lynn claims.
McDonald's did not return calls for comment.

Smilin' Bob step aside. Ronald gets pimped out. Will the case stand up to scrutiny?

Shelley Lynn Claims McDonald's Low Wages Played Role In Her Turning To Prostitution (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/28/shelley-lynn-mcdonalds-employee-lawsuit-prostitute_n_1385821.html?ref=weird-news&ir=Weird%20News)

N2NH
09-11-2012, 03:17 PM
Maybe it's just Barney the Pimp wanting to be in on the action?

http://legacy-cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/062010/spidermanarrested-16.jpg

N2CHX
09-11-2012, 03:22 PM
Well, this is a little bit out there, but quite frankly I do see merit in the criticism of companies that rake in billions while paying most of their employees poverty-level wages. Wal-mart comes to mind. IMO, employers who do this contribute to the epidemic of welfare we have in this country that the GOP loves to complain about.

KG4CGC
09-11-2012, 03:43 PM
Well, this is a little bit out there, but quite frankly I do see merit in the criticism of companies that rake in billions while paying most of their employees poverty-level wages. Wal-mart comes to mind. IMO, employers who do this contribute to the epidemic of welfare we have in this country that the GOP loves to complain about.

I made a similar statement elsewhere and was show the spoof video of the interviews at the DNC where the guy asks if they are against profits and would they support such a policy if Obama promoted it. Then I was called a few names and told to go back to whatever communist country I came from.

NY3V
09-11-2012, 04:17 PM
Heaven has gone Communist now? Horrors!

XE1/N5AL
09-11-2012, 07:04 PM
An order of thighs to go with that Big Mac?

NA4BH
09-11-2012, 07:13 PM
An order of thighs to go with that Big Mac?

Fur burger

KA9MOT
09-11-2012, 07:29 PM
The Chicken Ranch had some quality hotties back in the day........ Not that I've ever been there..... not even once..... and the story about me getting in trouble for doing donuts in the parking lot are false also......

KA9MOT
09-11-2012, 07:29 PM
I swear!

HUGH
09-12-2012, 11:30 AM
I made a similar statement elsewhere and was show the spoof video of the interviews at the DNC where the guy asks if they are against profits and would they support such a policy if Obama promoted it. Then I was called a few names and told to go back to whatever communist country I came from.

Do you have no minimum wage in the USA? Please enlighten me, and does that "communist" accusation stem from the McArthy days of "Reds under the bed?"

I will say that, whilst installing some of my company's equipment at a well-known US company near Detroit, there was a banner outside saying: "Hiring Now" and stating the hourly pay. In dollars it was far less than the UK minimum wage in Pounds making it about half according to the exchange rate.

It must make becoming a whore look quite attractive as long as appearances are passable or you only conduct your business in the dark.

NA4BH
09-12-2012, 11:47 AM
It's the special sauce.

W7XF
09-12-2012, 03:45 PM
It's the special sauce.
Or the sesame seeds on the bun were secretly replaced with cannabis seeds......

KG4CGC
09-12-2012, 03:54 PM
Do you have no minimum wage in the USA? Please enlighten me, and does that "communist" accusation stem from the McArthy days of "Reds under the bed?"

I will say that, whilst installing some of my company's equipment at a well-known US company near Detroit, there was a banner outside saying: "Hiring Now" and stating the hourly pay. In dollars it was far less than the UK minimum wage in Pounds making it about half according to the exchange rate.

It must make becoming a whore look quite attractive as long as appearances are passable or you only conduct your business in the dark.

Federal minimum wage is between 7.25 to 7.45. Couldn't tell you as I haven't seen the inside of a hiring company in almost 4 years. Not even a call back for an interview so I gave up on that route.

http://www.dol.gov/whd/minwage/america.htm This link breaks down which states follow federal guidelines and which do not.

HUGH
09-13-2012, 02:20 PM
Federal minimum wage is between 7.25 to 7.45. Couldn't tell you as I haven't seen the inside of a hiring company in almost 4 years. Not even a call back for an interview so I gave up on that route.

I admit it was about 2 years ago so maybe things have caught up a little. I know a few hired employees were doing double shifts at that time against company rules and struggling to stay awake.

NQ6U
09-13-2012, 02:39 PM
Minimum wage can vary from state to state but is never below the Federal minimum wage. In California, it is $8.00 (£4.95) an hour.

W3WN
09-13-2012, 02:44 PM
I will grant you that criticism, to some degree, may be warranted.

But prostitution? C'mon. From the sounds of it, it was her ex-husband & ex-boss who forced her into the sex business. Not Mickey D's. Even if the ex owned the franchise.

n6hcm
09-13-2012, 03:57 PM
Minimum wage can vary from state to state but is never below the Federal minimum wage. In California, it is $8.00 (£4.95) an hour.

and, in San Francisco, it is just over $10/hour.

KA9MOT
09-13-2012, 04:03 PM
$8.25 here in Illinois.....

NQ6U
09-13-2012, 05:52 PM
and, in San Francisco, it is just over $10/hour.

I believe that anyone contracting with the City of San Diego has to pay their employees at least $10/hr as well.

ki4itv
09-13-2012, 06:12 PM
Right to work state...follows the federal minimum.
I remember when Rush used to say,"NObody works for that except school kids and entry level employees."

n2ize
09-14-2012, 12:59 AM
I concur but somehow I doubt her argument will hold up in court.