PDA

View Full Version : Attending any College games?

X-Rated
09-08-2012, 08:39 AM
I bought tickets to 3 Northern Illinois games this season on a ticket special. Today, we are going to the Tennessee Martin game. I know it will be a blowout, but the experience of seeing an NCAA game will be good, I think.

Around here, I cannot believe how people confuse the schools that are right here. When I tell people that I am going to the Northern Illinois game, they confuse that with Northwestern. Northern Illinois doesn't even have "Western" in the name. Well, anyway, there is a big difference between them.

n6hcm
09-09-2012, 12:51 AM
i've never been to a college football game although i've attended a few football schools. i've only been to one college basketball game (at syracuse) ... i went on invitation by a friend; i have zero interest in basketball (there's not even the promise of eye candy).

i have, however, attended many pre- and post-game parties.

X-Rated
09-09-2012, 08:24 AM
i've never been to a college football game although i've attended a few football schools. i've only been to one college basketball game (at syracuse) ... i went on invitation by a friend; i have zero interest in basketball (there's not even the promise of eye candy).

i have, however, attended many pre- and post-game parties.

Lots of eye candy at the football game last night and they sure weren't wearing shoulder pads. The pep club had a raffle and they go in the stands and sell raffle tickets. Wow.

Anyway, the game ended pretty much the way I thought it would with Northern Illinois crushing the University of Tennessee at Martin 35 - 7. The score should have been much closer, but UTM missed a field goal, fumbled the snap on the second field goal attempt, and then they fumbled the ball through the endzone for a touchback at a TD play that was going down real well. That was 13 points right there they could have had, but didn't get on those 3 plays. UTM would have still lost, but the score would have been a little closer. On the opening kickoff, they allowed the UTM team to bring the ball out to the 25 instead of the 20 just for shits and grins.

NIU has an offense that utilizes the man in motion with precision. He runs his lateral pattern and the ball is shotgun snapped as he nears the center position. So that ball is fired right in front of him. It looks like he should collide, but they never collided.

NIU had several issues I did not like to see. One was they had a receiver covered with 3 defenders and the QB threw the ball that way. It was easily intercepted. The defense has a problem with wrapping up the ball carrier. Special teams worked pretty well. They had no big punt returns or kickoff returns from UTM.

My wife finally asked me why there was nothing happening. They were all just standing around like there was a timeout. I said it was commercial time. ESPN was covering the game.

We went to the game and had bought red jackets before the game because the weather forecast called for upper 50's by the end of the game. I know that the 69 degree breeze we had the other day felt chilly, so I knew that if there was a breeze 10 degrees cooler, we would feel very cold after a massively hot summer. The XYL was happy we had those. But we got into the car to drive away and she asked "How did the windshield get wet?" I said I didn't know but other car windshields had droplets on them as well. I turned the wiper on to clear the windshield and it was obvious that it was raining. So we timed that with precision.

In 2 weeks, NIU plays the University of Kansas here in Dekalb, IL. We have tickets for that. I really don't know who will win. It appears that Dave, er uh, Charlie Weis has done little to make the Jayhawks a football powerhouse as they lost their game to Rice yesterday. NIU against Kansas will be close. I will drive the people around us crazy as I will be cheering for both of them probably. I don't know what I will do. I gotta wave the wheat.

kds
09-09-2012, 04:28 PM
I saw Iowa State vs. Tulsa last week, and next week I'll be seeing Iowa State vs. Western Illinois. I also have tickets to Iowa State vs. Kansas State, vs. Baylor, and vs. Oklahoma. I will have to find tickets for the other games. 'twill be a good time, especially tailgating and playing Louisville Chugger!!!!!

X-Rated
09-09-2012, 04:36 PM
I saw Iowa State vs. Tulsa last week, and next week I'll be seeing Iowa State vs. Western Illinois. I also have tickets to Iowa State vs. Kansas State, vs. Baylor, and vs. Oklahoma. I will have to find tickets for the other games. 'twill be a good time, especially tailgating and playing Louisville Chugger!!!!!

Long live the Big 12. Congrats on beating Iowa yesterday.

kds
09-09-2012, 04:42 PM
Long live the Big 12. Congrats on beating Iowa yesterday.

Thanks, man. It was an ugly W, but a W nonetheless. The Big 12 has been doing great so far this year. I enjoyed watching Mizzou lose last night.

X-Rated
09-09-2012, 04:57 PM
Thanks, man. It was an ugly W, but a W nonetheless. The Big 12 has been doing great so far this year. I enjoyed watching Mizzou lose last night.

Yeah. The Big 12 has 1 loss after yesterday.

NA4BH
09-09-2012, 05:35 PM
Went to the Jacksonville State University vs University Tennessee at Chattanooga last night. Exciting all the way to the last second, JSU kicked a field goal for the win. Looking for another OVC Conference title this year. They played Arkansas last week and will play the Florida Gators in November. My favorite college sport is women's volleyball, if that game doesn't put you in near cardiac arrest you're already dead.

NQ6U
09-09-2012, 05:44 PM
The last college football game I attended was a Stanford-Washington State game, circa 1965.

X-Rated
09-09-2012, 05:50 PM
Went to the Jacksonville State University vs University Tennessee at Chattanooga last night. Exciting all the way to the last second, JSU kicked a field goal for the win. Looking for another OVC Conference title this year. They played Arkansas last week and will play the Florida Gators in November. My favorite college sport is women's volleyball, if that game doesn't put you in near cardiac arrest you're already dead.

Cool game fer sure. Our local NIU got the MAC Conference title here last year. That was fun.

Good luck to your team again this year.