PDA

View Full Version : It's Just a Jump to the Left

W3WN
09-01-2012, 08:18 PM
Yesterday afternoon, right after Little Miss Field Day comes home from school (they started last Monday), I take a break from the deck project to get a drink and get out of the sun for a few minutes.

She has a question for me...

One of the kids in her acting class invited her to join a bunch of the kids for an upcoming weekend midnight movie showing. The Rocky Horror Picture Show. She wanted to know if I was OK with it.

Of course. Just have to get used to her growing up, this is merely another rite of passage.

...then she tells me that Mom already gave her blessing, she just was afraid I wouldn't approve. So I went over to what's left of my album collection, and pulled out the original cast album, and assured her that I was fine with it.

Then I pulled out the other album... the one printed with Dr. Frank N. Furter's picture on the vinyl. She asks, "who's that?" She'll find out...

WØTKX
09-01-2012, 08:39 PM
You gonna give her a bag of the right props to bring along? :lol:

Tim Curry has done so many things. Wish he'd do some music again. Very Stimulating! :yes:

http://youtu.be/cUsQj_ha0zU

http://youtu.be/cUsQj_ha0zU

VE7DCW
09-01-2012, 09:51 PM
When she goes to the theater .......tell her not to forget to bring the lighter!!!! very important!!!! :agree:

WØTKX
09-01-2012, 10:55 PM
And the popcorn, and... :lol:

KG4NEL
09-02-2012, 11:15 AM
Ah, underwear run...

KG4NEL
09-02-2012, 11:15 AM
Except those wimmins that really shouldn't have...

kb2vxa
09-02-2012, 11:50 AM
AAAaaahhh, the midnight shows that went on for years, costumes, dancing on the stage, throwing crap at the screen... Rocky Horrid but I LOVED it! That was the first time I saw Tim Curry, then The Hunt For Red October and Pennywise in Stephen King's IT. "Down here they ALL float." No wonder kids are afraid of clowns!

Tidbit: Red October (1990) was Paramount and only 9 months later WB released IT. (No, not information technology.) Makes you wonder about going from premier to sound stage, contracts and stuff... hmmm.

"Ah, underwear run..."
Oh not Elvis again!

W3WN
09-02-2012, 08:26 PM
I don't have any props anymore. They got left behind when I moved from State College, distributed to friends.

I will have to dig up a water pistol, and some bread. I don't think the theatre permits lighters.

Jess is most familar with two Tim Curry roles: The Hunt for Red October, and Home Alone 2. And if she thinks about it, Clue. She has no idea, no clue what she's in for. I don't usually watch Rocky Horror on TV; it's just not the same without the audience.

Now, of all the actors you saw in that movie, who'd ever figure that Janet (Susan Sarandon) would be the one to really make it big? My money would have been on Tim Curry; oh, he's certainly been successful, but she's eclipsed him.

And remember: Meatloaf. It's what's for dinner!!

suddenseer
09-02-2012, 08:31 PM
She will need a copy of the Plain Dealer for rain scene. Since I live nearby, I can supply that.

kb2vxa
09-02-2012, 11:30 PM
"And remember: Meatloaf. It's what's for dinner!!"

Once upon a time down Dallas way Wilma told Marvin don't let your Meatloaf. He took mom's advice, found Paradise By The Dashboard Light and went like a Bat Out Of Hell disguised as Eddie the delivery boy straight to the Transylvanian Convention only to be killed by Dr. Frank N. Furter with an ice axe... oh well.

Just don't give Little Miss Field Day an ice axe, it's rather clumsy for cutting meatloaf.

N7YA
09-03-2012, 06:14 AM
"Get on with the show!"

"Hey! This IS the fucking show, buddy, and if you dont like it, you can go watch the movie in Staten Island!"

W3WN
09-03-2012, 09:22 PM
"Get on with the show!"

"Hey! This IS the fucking show, buddy, and if you dont like it, you can go watch the movie in Staten Island!"You don't know how funny that is... what got LMFD interested was that very scene in Fame.

Now the funny part is, we had the DVD for well over a year before she watched it. Since I told her it was a good movie, of course it couldn't possibly be... well, she got bored during vacation a few weeks back, and finally watched it. I actually got an apology... well, kinda, considering it was from a teenager...

N7YA
09-04-2012, 02:24 AM
I actually forgot what movie i got that from! Thanks. All i remember is that scene. Never forgot it.