PDA

View Full Version : Who likes magicians?

W5GA
09-01-2012, 12:05 AM
Amazing!
http://www.safeshare.tv/w/gdhRWNSrls

NA4BH
09-01-2012, 12:11 AM
Ultra cool.

N7YA
09-01-2012, 04:58 PM
The disadvantage to spending so many years in Vegas is i cant simply enjoy a magic trick anymore.

N8YX
09-02-2012, 09:24 AM
The disadvantage to spending so many years in Vegas is i cant simply enjoy a magic trick anymore.
Is that what they're calling a date at the Chicken Ranch these days? :chin:

ki4itv
09-02-2012, 10:11 AM
all legitimate magicians are born that way. They start out creepy and stay creepy. :lol:

N8YX
09-02-2012, 10:18 AM
I enjoyed watching the Masked Magician on prime time TV. That craft is a perpetual game of one-upmanship, to be sure.

NQ6U
09-02-2012, 10:20 AM
I'd be careful if I were him. Remember what happened to the last guy who walked on water.

KG4CGC
09-02-2012, 10:46 AM
I'd be careful if I were him. Remember what happened to the last guy who walked on water.

Yeah. I think he was beaten, raped and even hand and foot raped with nails. Typical GOP bullshit.

{edit}: Aw crap. I did it again. Disregard last comment.

KC2UGV
09-02-2012, 10:48 AM
Yeah. I think he was beaten, raped and even hand and foot raped with nails. Typical GOP bullshit.

{edit}: Aw crap. I did it again. Disregard last comment.

Was it "legitimate rape", though?

KG4CGC
09-02-2012, 10:50 AM
Was it "legitimate rape", though?

Disregarding.

KG4CGC
09-02-2012, 10:51 AM
Incredible showmanship.
In the coming age, they will be called The Techno Mages.

NY3V
09-02-2012, 11:01 AM
This guy walks on air!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d75B6Fi4BpQ

KG4CGC
09-02-2012, 11:18 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlOKc2dKcIw&feature=related

NY3V
09-02-2012, 11:25 AM
:irked: :clap:

W5GA
09-02-2012, 02:19 PM
I enjoyed watching the Masked Magician on prime time TV. That craft is a perpetual game of one-upmanship, to be sure.
Yeah, last time he tried to walk on water, he sank cuz of the holes in his feet.

N7YA
09-02-2012, 05:18 PM
Ill tip my hat to all magicians....except Cris Angel.

Hack. My buddy works for him, ive seen his show. He really is not good...except when cameras and editing guys are making a tv show...in that case, they can levitate Louie Anderson. His live show is, at best, high school level magic. Im not being mean, he's really a bad magician, he just has a look that would be a great change for the stodgy world of magic acts, but he ruins it with 20 minute dialouges about his dead parents, how "hot the chicks are", and cupping the mic while yelling into it. My buddy plays guitar for him, Cris didnt like him being side stage and "upstaging him", so he moved the guy back into a room with a monitor to get him out of sight. When he fucks up a trick, which he does a lot, he calls a production meeting to yell at the crew. An old friend of mine operates his stage lifts and production end stuff, says hes a jackass. Cirque du Soleil runs his show, but he is such a control freak and a black mark on their fine organization, they wanted to dump him years ago, but the money he brought in from small town tourists negated that.

He is always a bit over the line with attractive females, but not in a charming way...theres nothing charming about that guy. He tries to be all dark and emo, but falls short. Its like watching a pouty rockstar who cant sing (he does that in the show as well, and no he cant sing). Its never becoming of a pro to knock another local, but you would be hard pressed to find another local who likes him. I really wish he was better at magic and easier to take than he is because i think the idea of a "rock star magician" is a cool angle and a shot in the arm in a traditionally stale business. He is in his mid 40's, like me, and he looks great! A little dated, but its magic, hes quite up to date there. He could be so much more, but the cables dragging across the stage, the woofy yelling into the mic like an amateur, the wonky and very awkward lack of smooth grace on stage, in addition to his uncomfortable disposition, just ruins whatever he has going for him. Ill take the stiff necked, tuxedoed Lance Burton over Cris Angel any day! Burton is very old school, but he is a legit bad ass! And for 30 years here, the man has been nothing but a kind southern gentleman to everyone he meets...no ego, no creepy approaching your girlfriend, no ranting about dead parents to get sympathy, a la Dane Cook. Just a great magician and a nice guy...is that so hard to do? The locals, pros and residents alike, all say the same thing...Burton gooood....Angel, go away! Oh....and Penn and Teller...goooood. Heavy libertarian slant, but i kinda liked it. Their show was what a magic show should be, in my opinion....even though EVERYONE in this town that has ever met Penn says he is the BIGGEST douchebag walking the earth. Seriously! But so what, hes great! :lol:

Ok....i feel better now, sorry about that, and thanks. :agree: