PDA

View Full Version : Louisiana Clears Interstate 10 by Blowing up Truck. (VIDEO)

N2NH
08-31-2012, 11:09 AM
A tanker truck carrying a highly explosive cargo was blown up to clear the interstate.

Interstate 10 in Baton Rouge has reopened after being closed due to a multi-vehicle crash involving a tanker truck leaking a flammable liquid. Crews performed a "vent and burn" technique late Wednesday night in order to stop the leak from a damaged tanker.
State police said the coordinated explosion around 11:45 p.m. successfully burned off the isobutane leaking from the truck.

An impressive video.

LINK & STORY HERE. (http://www.wwlp.com/dpps/entertainment/must_see_video/cnn-tanker-truck-explosion-caught-on-camera-nd12-jgr_4382798)

PA5COR
08-31-2012, 11:16 AM
BOOOOOMMM!!! impressive.... thanks for sharing ;)

KG4CGC
08-31-2012, 11:26 AM
LOL. Needs moar cowbell.

NA4BH
08-31-2012, 02:06 PM
Wow.

That part of I-10 sucks anyway. No big loss. :whistle:

kb2vxa
09-01-2012, 07:10 PM
Isobutane, aka r600 replaced r12 and is used as an aerosol propellant when the greenies drilled a hole in the ozone and scared everybody. It's also the "butane" in cigarette lighters and mixed 80:20 with propane as camp stove fuel. Now it's not only hair spray, you can make a flamethrower out of just about anything... including your refrigerator.

ab1ga
09-01-2012, 07:29 PM
I'd rather have a hole in I-10 than a hole in the ozone layer.

w0aew
09-02-2012, 12:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUtdXzBSVaU

ki4itv
09-02-2012, 08:08 AM
Thanks for helping me with my "blowed up shit" fix, guys.
Ready for the day.

kb2vxa
09-02-2012, 11:10 AM
"I'd rather have a hole in I-10 than a hole in the ozone layer."

Well guess what, the holes over the poles are still there. This leads to a debate in which nobody wins, are they natural or man-made? Let's start at the beginning, they're a recent discovery which happened long after CFCs were in widespread use. Since the greenies screamed THE SKY IS FALLING they were banned in the US but DuPont still sends gigatons of Freon* overseas. Now like I said, are they only a recently discovered natural phenomenon or still there unchanged due to the continued widespread use of CFCs?

Don't start, nobody wins debating a rhetorical question.

*Freon is a DuPont registered trademark that includes several refrigerants and non toxic, non flammable chlorinated/flourinated hydrocarbon solvents.

HUGH
09-02-2012, 01:43 PM
I had a temporary job in maintenance at a cold store and, whilst the main stores used an ammonia/oil mixture, one old plant had a freon mixture with an ancient 3-cylinder compressor driven by an 80kW motor. (Direct on-line, no starter... but that's another story).

This compressor used to break down regularly and lose all it's gas. The company owners didn't seem bothered as long as it didn't cost too much but the amount of gas lost must have been considerable. What were the chances of a huge explosion if the ancient compressor used isobutane?

None of the plant used isobutane but the ammonia was also a deadly mixture and, at another company plant, a maintenance engineer was overcome by leaking ammonia and died. So there was another danger if the ancient compressor had used ammonia. The newer plant used screw compressors but they still leaked gas and I always liked to plan a quick escape route before going into the machinery area.

ab1ga
09-02-2012, 06:21 PM
"I'd rather have a hole in I-10 than a hole in the ozone layer."

Well guess what, the holes over the poles are still there. This leads to a debate in which nobody wins, are they natural or man-made? Let's start at the beginning, they're a recent discovery which happened long after CFCs were in widespread use. Since the greenies screamed THE SKY IS FALLING they were banned in the US but DuPont still sends gigatons of Freon* overseas. Now like I said, are they only a recently discovered natural phenomenon or still there unchanged due to the continued widespread use of CFCs?

Don't start, nobody wins debating a rhetorical question.

*Freon is a DuPont registered trademark that includes several refrigerants and non toxic, non flammable chlorinated/flourinated hydrocarbon solvents.

Calling a question rhetorical implies an obvious answer. I fail to see that in this case. What precisely is your point?

kb2vxa
09-02-2012, 06:42 PM
Let's just say don't start and leave it at that.

N2NH
09-02-2012, 06:59 PM
How Not to be Seen.

http://youtu.be/ltmMJntSfQI

ab1ga
09-02-2012, 07:10 PM
Let's just say don't start and leave it at that.

What is there to fear?

n2ize
09-02-2012, 07:12 PM
Typical of the way they operate down there. When I was in Mobile they were arresting people right and left. Its a way of life down there.

W4RLR
09-04-2012, 01:22 AM
Wow.

That part of I-10 sucks anyway. No big loss. :whistle:When the wife and I were traveling to San Antonio, I accused her of breaking wind at the end of the bridge that crosses the Mississippi River. Turns out it was the petrochemical plants and not my wife's arse. She gave me the silent treatment until Houston. :)

kf0rt
09-04-2012, 12:34 PM
When the wife and I were traveling to San Antonio, I accused her of breaking wind at the end of the bridge that crosses the Mississippi River. Turns out it was the petrochemical plants and not my wife's arse. She gave me the silent treatment until Houston. :)

Don't you have a dog you can blame that on? :lol:

Welcome back, Richard.

NA4BH
09-04-2012, 12:36 PM
When the wife and I were traveling to San Antonio, I accused her of breaking wind at the end of the bridge that crosses the Mississippi River. Turns out it was the petrochemical plants and not my wife's arse. She gave me the silent treatment until Houston. :)

I like it when trips are pleasant. LOL

KG4CGC
09-04-2012, 12:58 PM
Typical of the way they operate down there. When I was in Mobile they were arresting people right and left. Its a way of life down there.

Yeah, kind of like NYC?

n2ize
09-04-2012, 05:13 PM
Yeah, kind of like NYC?

Nope. Not anywhere near as bad as the south. When I was in the south I was watched and tracked every step of the way. One cop even said, "listen boy, your gonna do a 20 year stretch down here if we have to set you up and frame ya for it". Nothing even close to that up this way. Most of the cops here are pretty friendly and polite... most of the time. Wish I could say the same for the south. Had I stayed in the south I'd have a suit and a number.

KG4CGC
09-04-2012, 05:23 PM
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/bebop5/001/cf444a1c.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/bebop5/001/Tronya_Laugh.gif

NA4BH
09-04-2012, 05:29 PM
Only 20 years? They must've liked you.

KC9ECI
09-04-2012, 06:48 PM
If you want blowed up stuff, search youtube for BLEVE http://youtu.be/Xf3WKTwHpIU

n2ize
09-04-2012, 07:03 PM
Only 20 years? They must've liked you.

Oh I know. They were referring to a minimum. They also knew where I hang out online.

n2ize
09-04-2012, 07:06 PM
If you want blowed up stuff, search youtube for BLEVE http://youtu.be/Xf3WKTwHpIU

The isobutane really went up awesome !!