PDA

View Full Version : First phone I feel no need to root...

KC2UGV
08-28-2012, 09:37 PM
My HTC One S from T-Mobile. First phone that just works like I expect. No restrictions to what I do, and shockingly, not a Nexus. I honestly don't feel hamstrung by this device, as I have in the past.

I was with VZW, but the wife's phone gave the ghost, and VZW has been pissing me off (Need to pay full price to get grandfathered into unlimited data). I tried talking to their service reps, and waiting 8 minutes on hold. Sorry, you need to try better than that when a sales rep is offering me 3 new, free phones, lower monthly bills, and unlimited data without headaches.

Nonetheless, I just got it today, so I'll try to update this thread in a bit to give a "Post honeymoon" update.

WØTKX
08-28-2012, 10:26 PM
I still have a couple of working HTC Tilts that I wanna blow the old Windows Phone off of, and try with Android.

Not that I mind Windows Phone. Been pretty happy with the Lumia 900. And Zune music is better than iTunes IMHO.

KC2UGV
08-28-2012, 10:33 PM
I was tempted by a Lumia, but alas, AT&T didn't do unlimited data. I'm "sticking it to the man", but demanding unlimited data through picking my carrier :D

WØTKX
08-28-2012, 11:38 PM
I surf with mine constantly and tether a lot. It helps to be on the YL's family plan and the grandkids don't get data.

Been on it for two months, not even 25% of the allowed data usage. And I surf a lot. But I don't stream audio or video much.