PDA

View Full Version : Remember 20-Minute Workout?? (Women in Tights VIDEO)

N2NH
08-28-2012, 12:37 AM
Just a flashback from the 80's which went by in a flash...

BTW, if your boss is a YL or XYL, then NSFW!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKrNCjzgHxY

N2CHX
08-28-2012, 06:40 AM
:squint: The more old crap I see like this and watching old shows on Netflix, the more I realize how far we've come, at least as far as TV is concerned. It's amazing how much women used to allow being objectified and "owned" by men. TBH, it kind of makes me ill.

N2NH
08-29-2012, 08:16 AM
:squint: The more old crap I see like this and watching old shows on Netflix, the more I realize how far we've come, at least as far as TV is concerned. It's amazing how much women used to allow being objectified and "owned" by men. TBH, it kind of makes me ill.

There wasn't a man in the picture. This was an exercise show for women. The person who started the craze was a woman. And a feminist.

Jane Fonda.

Sorry it offends some people that I enjoyed watching it. I do find women attractive.

Oddly enough, there are still a few women who find men attractive too.

N2CHX
08-29-2012, 09:31 AM
There wasn't a man in the picture. This was an exercise show for women. The person who started the craze was a woman. And a feminist.

Jane Fonda.

Sorry it offends some people that I enjoyed watching it. I do find women attractive.

Oddly enough, there are still a few women who find men attractive too.

I wasn't offended by your post, just so you know. My comments weren't aimed at you personally, they were completely in regard to how our culture views women and our role in society. That's all. Of course you find women attractive, because that's natural for you. Nothing wrong with that. My observation is really more about 80's fashion than anything else I suppose. What is the purpose of tights and leotards from the 80's. Studies have been done on this, actually. Women were empowered to be less conservative and more open about their bodies. That was a positive thing, but we've now moved past that point now to where women are expected to be, for lack of a better term, slutty. Fortunately, more and more women aren't buying it.

N2NH
08-29-2012, 11:14 AM
I wasn't offended by your post, just so you know. My comments weren't aimed at you personally, they were completely in regard to how our culture views women and our role in society. That's all. Of course you find women attractive, because that's natural for you. Nothing wrong with that. My observation is really more about 80's fashion than anything else I suppose. What is the purpose of tights and leotards from the 80's. Studies have been done on this, actually. Women were empowered to be less conservative and more open about their bodies. That was a positive thing, but we've now moved past that point now to where women are expected to be, for lack of a better term, slutty. Fortunately, more and more women aren't buying it.

Should've been in SoHo and the LES. These two neighborhoods in NYC make sluttiness look like Victorian prudishness. Now, when it comes to the way women dress, it usually has nothing to do with men. More likely it has everything to do with women. Women make men look like pikers when it comes to competitiveness.