PDA

View Full Version : How Often Do You Misplace Your Wallet.

n2ize
08-27-2012, 04:55 PM
How often does this happen to you. You come home, it's hot, your tired. You can't wait to sit down, put on the ac and grab a cold drink. So you empty your pockets and throw your wallet, cell phone, keys, etc on the nearest chair, table, etc. Of course you intend to retrieve them later and put them away in a safe place but, right now its time to relax. You forget about it. And the wallet ends up shifting from place to place. The result ? A day or two later you need to run out. So you go to grab your wallet and.... it's not there. You look around but it seems to be nowhere. Now you are getting nervous and you start thinking to yourself, "did I drop it outside somewhere ?? Did I come home with it last time I was out ?". You are sure you did but, there is always that little bit of doubt to keep your nerves on edge. Eventually you find it, but only after a slow, careful, methodical search. Sometimes it was hiding in an obvious place in plain view. Other times in a much less obvious place, i.e. in the laundry basket, behind a chair, under the bed, caught between a piece of furniture and the wall.,You vow to be much more careful from then on but, a couple days later the same thing happens, just as it has many, many, many times before.

For me, the above is a perpetual scenario. As a matter of fact I am about to start hunting for my wallet right now, just as I did two days ago. For a while I had a remotely activated beeper attached to my wallet. Whenever it was misplaced I'd press the button on the remote and listen carefully for the "beep beep beep" which gave me reassurance that the wallet wasn't lost outside somewhere and all I needed to do was follow the source of the beep. Unfortunately the beeper no longer works.

PA5COR
08-27-2012, 05:15 PM
I don't
Simply my keyring is on my belt all the time, my wallet is in my pocket and i never put that out of my pocket except as i need to use it, easy, i never lose stuff that way, forget it or go out of the door without key's
And besides the losing stuff, on the keyring are the key's of the gunvault, i never want to have them out of my sight.

n2ize
08-27-2012, 05:23 PM
Good news is that I found it. And rather quickly this time too. It was in my music room hiding behind a couple of books and papers that were resting on the music stand.

K7SGJ
08-27-2012, 05:36 PM
Wallet? WTF is that, and what does one do with said wallet?

PA5COR
08-27-2012, 05:50 PM
Keep your money credit and bank cards in as well a miriad of other cards thingy's you nowadays seemingly can't do without... or you live in the boondocks maybe...:mrgreen:

K7SGJ
08-27-2012, 07:02 PM
Keep your money credit and bank cards in as well a miriad of other cards thingy's you nowadays seemingly can't do without... or you live in the boondocks maybe...:mrgreen:

Well, yes, I do live in the boonies. But what is this money and credit card you speak of?

PA5COR
08-27-2012, 07:07 PM
Those are ( in my case) the colourfull pieces of paper and coins ( round metal stuff) that p0eople give stufff for if you offer it.

Plastic money- bank card, feed in slot of machine, push some buttons. and you get more of the above.
Start of the month wife and me rush to machine, who comes first wins.
;)

W5GA
08-27-2012, 07:28 PM
The one and only time I've ever lost my wallet was when if fell out of my pocket while I was on the tractor, and I plowed it under. That was painful because of the loss of I.D., no money involved.

NA4BH
08-27-2012, 07:37 PM
Wallet? WTF is that, and what does one do with said wallet?

You keep your condominiums in there.

NA4BH
08-27-2012, 07:40 PM
But to answer the original question, ask your kids the following question. "If you were to get some money from my wallet, where would you find it"?

K7SGJ
08-27-2012, 08:15 PM
The one and only time I've ever lost my wallet was when if fell out of my pocket while I was on the tractor, and I plowed it under. That was painful because of the loss of I.D., no money involved.

Could have been worse. It could have still been in your pocket when it got plowed under.

VE7MGF
08-27-2012, 09:29 PM
never lost my wallet but i keep losing that dam hammer and screwdriver that i put down

n6hcm
08-28-2012, 03:31 AM
almost never. my "wallet" is a combination money clip card case that i carry in the front pocket of my jeans. similarly, when i come home my house keys go on a table by the front door.

however, passwords are no longer sticking in my head like they used to, and this is a real problem.

KB3LAZ
08-28-2012, 05:12 AM
I have never lost my wallet but my keys are another story.

W7XF
08-28-2012, 06:42 AM
I have never lost my wallet but my keys are another story.

Didn't you lose your mind a few months ago, Travalicious?

KB3LAZ
08-28-2012, 06:58 AM
Didn't you lose your mind a few months ago, Travalicious?

I was born without that.

N2CHX
08-28-2012, 08:02 AM
My "wallet" is my little paisley Vera Bradley purse my MIL gave me, which is almost always tucked inside my big purse. One day about two weeks ago I couldn't find it. Searched and searched and finally gave up. Went to leave that morning and found it in the front lawn next to the driveway!

WØTKX
08-28-2012, 10:12 AM
I take my wallet out of my pocket when I drive the Miata, the seats are very snug so it's not comfy.
Have a locked place to stash it when I drive the 'lil car. Otherwise, I leave it in my pants pocket.

Same with keys, they stay on/in my pants... I have a big retractable key ring for work.

Leave all that with my pants, and hang 'em up on a wall hook... keys and wallet never go missing.

Now the damn cell phones are another story, but at least I can call them.

N7YA
08-28-2012, 10:24 AM
I do a checklist before going anywhere or doing anything...."wallet, keys, phone"....pat-pat-pat...simple as that.

Its a good habit to get into. ;)

WØTKX
08-28-2012, 10:32 AM
Do you pat yourself like that in public? Just wondering. ;)

KB3LAZ
08-28-2012, 10:42 AM
I take my wallet out of my pocket when I drive the Miata, the seats are very snug so it's not comfy.
Have a locked place to stash it when I drive the 'lil car. Otherwise, I leave it in my pants pocket.

Same with keys, they stay on/in my pants... I have a big retractable key ring for work.

Leave all that with my pants, and hang 'em up on a wall hook... keys and wallet never go missing.

Now the damn cell phones are another story, but at least I can call them.

Now if only you could call the TV remote.

Also, I seem to misplace a lot of lighters.

wa6mhz
08-28-2012, 10:45 AM
My wallet is the MOST IMPORTANT thing I own. Lose it and I might as well cash it in. My life is OVER! All my credit cards, important licenses, cash, etc. All which is NON-REPLACABLE. SO I guard my wallet with my LIFE.

In fact, if a Rat Bastard were to hold me up and demand my wallet with a:
"YOUR MONEY OR YOUR LIFE!", I will take the "MY LIFE" option. He might as well just shoot me on the spot, and end the misery I would go through without my wallet.

When I go on a trip, I do a Wallet emptying process where I remove ALL but the VITAL NECESSITIES like my Drivers License, maybe 1 or 2 bank cards, Triple A card, and enough cash that I can afford to lose. All the numbers are written down so if I am ROLLED on the trip, I can recover.

But I will FIGHT TO THE DEATH to guard my wallet!

KB3LAZ
08-28-2012, 10:49 AM
My wallet is the MOST IMPORTANT thing I own. Lose it and I might as well cash it in. My life is OVER! All my credit cards, important licenses, cash, etc. All which is NON-REPLACABLE. SO I guard my wallet with my LIFE.

In fact, if a Rat Bastard were to hold me up and demand my wallet with a:
"YOUR MONEY OR YOUR LIFE!", I will take the "MY LIFE" option. He might as well just shoot me on the spot, and end the misery I would go through without my wallet.

When I go on a trip, I do a Wallet emptying process where I remove ALL but the VITAL NECESSITIES like my Drivers License, maybe 1 or 2 bank cards, Triple A card, and enough cash that I can afford to lose. All the numbers are written down so if I am ROLLED on the trip, I can recover.

But I will FIGHT TO THE DEATH to guard my wallet!

I dont keep anything of importance in my wallet. Some savings cards from stores, business cards, a two dollar bill, and some money from when I went to Jamaica (they can have that if they really wish). I do have a card holder/money clip thing that I keep my credit card, bank card, id, and money in that is in the same pocket beside it. If they really want my wallet they can have it. It actually came with my wallet and will slide into it and make the two one but I do not carry it that way. I do not know why but I have always been like that.

N7YA
08-28-2012, 10:52 AM
Do you pat yourself like that in public? Just wondering. ;)

Yes, but more than three times usually.

n2ize
08-28-2012, 11:14 AM
I would rather loose some cash than to loose a wallet full of ID's , credit cards, etc. That happened to me a few years ago. I lost the entire wallet for good. In it was only $10.00 cash, but there was a bank card, a AMEX Gold credit card, my ham license, my social security card, my license and ID, and an ID for an elite group I am a part of. It's pretty tough replacing ID's when you have no ID's to prove you are who you say you are without any proof. Luckilly my license just happened to come up for renewal a week or two later and all I had to do was to fill out the form, enclose payment and mail it to NYS and within a short time viola' I had my new license. After that replacing all the other stuff was easy. The license + a couple of Verizon and Con Edison bills and everything was back to normal in short order. However, I would have much preferred just to loose $10 or $20 cash.

kb2vxa
08-28-2012, 10:00 PM
Never had a problem with my wallet, I always took good care of it and it's always returned the favor. I was thinking, a wallet isn't much of a fighter unlike a woman's pocket book. (I have no idea, it's not a book and won't fit in a pocket.) You've seen them fending off attackers in cartoons and highly unusual situations, mostly it would have little effect with one exception. I knew this chick who could stop a charging rhino in its tracks with one smack, she was herself highly unusual. In hers among other things she kept a box of dog biscuits, several mechanic's tools and one rather large Stilton wrench. Don't look at me with that question on your face, I never asked but I CAN say one thing, the dog biscuits were quite tasty... seriously!

Oh, I DO recommend Dash! brand blue glazed dog-bone insulators, a bit crunchy but very yummy.

W5GA
08-28-2012, 10:19 PM
I would rather loose some cash than to loose a wallet full of ID's , credit cards, etc. That happened to me a few years ago. I lost the entire wallet for good. In it was only $10.00 cash, but there was a bank card, a AMEX Gold credit card, my ham license, my social security card, my license and ID, and an ID for an elite group I am a part of. It's pretty tough replacing ID's when you have no ID's to prove you are who you say you are without any proof. Luckilly my license just happened to come up for renewal a week or two later and all I had to do was to fill out the form, enclose payment and mail it to NYS and within a short time viola' I had my new license. After that replacing all the other stuff was easy. The license + a couple of Verizon and Con Edison bills and everything was back to normal in short order. However, I would have much preferred just to loose $10 or $20 cash.
Yeah, the loss of ID was the real stinker. Lost my DL, and my military ID. Bank cards are easy, all it takes is a phone call and having to listen to the laughter die down. Couldn't get either ID replaced until I had a certified copy of my birth cert mailed to me. Then I could replace the DL, and once I had that I could replace the military ID after listening to gales of laughter in the ID office. Don't try to get anything done in the MilPers office if you have thin skin.