PDA

View Full Version : Drinking Is Healthfull

n2ize
08-24-2012, 11:06 PM
Some good news for a change. Drinking is healthy and good for you. So drink up. Bottoms up. Grab that bottle and finish it and but a full one tomorrow. Drinking actually makes you live longer.

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2010/09/why-alcohol-is-good-for-you/

KJ3N
08-24-2012, 11:32 PM
I have never seen my grandmother touch a drop of alcohol. She'll be 98 in December.

KG4CGC
08-25-2012, 12:18 AM
2 drinks a day for a total of 14 drinks a week and no more than 3 drinks at any one time STILL NOT EXCEEDING 14 drinks a week. 7 drinks on Saturday and 7 on Sunday is not moderation and falls into the territory of harmful drinking even though you remain in the 14 drinks a week parameters.

Building up a tolerance to alcohol, while manly, is unhealthy. There is a thin line between benefit and poison. I used to have a lot of fun drinking a lot while in the company of others who were also drinking a lot. Too bad we couldn't have been just as wild and crazy on just 2 drinks. Some people come out on the other side unscathed. Others suffer various degrees of physical and mental problems. I suspect genetics and lifestyle issues play into how alcohol affects each individual. Be careful. That which kills the pain, brings the pain.

NA4BH
08-25-2012, 12:36 AM
2 drinks a day for a total of 14 drinks a week and no more than 3 drinks at any one time STILL NOT EXCEEDING 14 drinks a week. 7 drinks on Saturday and 7 on Sunday is not moderation and falls into the territory of harmful drinking even though you remain in the 14 drinks a week parameters.

Building up a tolerance to alcohol, while manly, is unhealthy. There is a thin line between benefit and poison. I used to have a lot of fun drinking a lot while in the company of others who were also drinking a lot. Too bad we couldn't have been just as wild and crazy on just 2 drinks. Some people come out on the other side unscathed. Others suffer various degrees of physical and mental problems. I suspect genetics and lifestyle issues play into how alcohol affects each individual. Be careful. That which kills the pain, brings the pain.

Are you in Nun school? Get a full scholarship to Orville Rogers University? Read too many Harvey Porter novels? WHAT? WHAT?

n2ize
08-25-2012, 03:38 AM

I've seen people who can drink half a bottle of vodka or whiskey over the course of an evening and they barely seem high and it wears off and they are like nothing happened. Others I;ve seen will be complete train wrecks after only a few shots. How fast, how much, how quick it wears off, what effect it has varies tremendously from one person to the next. But regardless of the above, I think most people can sense when they are over doing it. If a person feels guilty that they are drinking too much they probably are and it's probably a good idea to think about stopping, or at least cutting back considerably.

NQ6U
08-25-2012, 11:38 AM
The barkeep is spot on, as usual.

I've enjoyed drinking. I've enjoyed drinking to excess at times. I've also seen what drinking does to people and no longer drink as much as I once did.

PA5COR
08-25-2012, 11:45 AM
I don't drink alcohol, coffee, water milk and the occasional fizzy drink.

wa6mhz
08-25-2012, 12:30 PM
I hava PITCHER of good Microbrew beer every Saturday. To make sure it has the best effect on me, I fast all day Saturday until I can get to the beer. So one Pitcher will KNOCK ME OUT and put me outta my Misery. Then, NO BEER, until NEXT Saturday! TONIGHT IS THE NIGHT!!!!

KG4CGC
08-25-2012, 12:55 PM
I hava PITCHER of good Microbrew beer every Saturday. To make sure it has the best effect on me, I fast all day Saturday until I can get to the beer. So one Pitcher will KNOCK ME OUT and put me outta my Misery. Then, NO BEER, until NEXT Saturday! TONIGHT IS THE NIGHT!!!!

Dude. That's like 5 or 6 beers in that pitcher plus fasting all day is doing more harm than good.

n2ize
08-25-2012, 02:28 PM

I don't think the fasting part is a good idea. Better to eat something.

kf0rt
08-25-2012, 03:14 PM

I believe I may have exceeded my lifetime quota. I'm going to work on that, though. First thing tomorrow. :cheers:

kb2vxa
08-25-2012, 07:58 PM
Dish shummun shay dr dr <brrrap> drinking ish ghood fa fa far you? Tha tha thhh hanks. <hic> <BRRAAAP>

n2ize
08-25-2012, 10:48 PM
Ditch the booze and smoke pot instead. Much better stuff. I think most people here agree.

N2NH
08-26-2012, 06:51 AM
There are times I can get a buzz from two bottles of beer and others when I can drink 2/3rds of a bottle of Bacardi 151 (my favorite) and barely notice it.

I think it depends on how much you want to forget.

As far as pot, I do have some cataracts... :cool2:

X-Rated
08-26-2012, 12:14 PM
Alcohol doesn't touch my lips. I drink it straight away down my throat.

n2ize
08-26-2012, 01:01 PM
Alcohol doesn't touch my lips. I drink it straight away down my throat.

^^^^ :lol:

kb2vxa
08-26-2012, 11:59 PM
"Ditch the booze and smoke pot instead."

All well and good when it was cheap, plentiful and the cops didn't give a crap. Times change and it's become expensive, risky business here in Nazi Jersey.

n2ize
08-27-2012, 01:43 AM
Acxtually I should make a disclaimer with this thread. The tirtle should have read, MODERATE drinking may have some benefits"... Moderater means a couple opf beers or a couple of drinks or shots. Polishing off 6 or more beers at a sitting or drinking a quart of booze a day is not moderate drinking..

NY3V
08-27-2012, 07:40 AM

You should substitute bedroom exercises for the beer on Saturdays.

(Unless, you do After the beer) ;)

KB3LAZ
08-27-2012, 07:53 AM
I drink about 7 beers a week and two glasses of champagne.

PA5COR
08-27-2012, 08:02 AM
No alcohol, no drugs too, except what the doctor orders...

wa6mhz
08-27-2012, 08:33 AM
You should substitute bedroom exercises for the beer on Saturdays.

(Unless, you do After the beer) ;)
Wife is too CRABBY for that. All I hear is CRAB CRAB CRAB all day and night.

wa6mhz
08-27-2012, 08:37 AM
Ditch the booze and smoke pot instead. Much better stuff. I think most people here agree.

Who is going to sell it to GRAMPS? Not like I can go to a 7-11 or Safeway and buy a pack of Acapalco Gold! I remember going down to the Mission beach Boardwalk one night sitting on the wall asking passer byers if they had weed for sale. BAD IDEA! I got ROLLED by some Rat Bastard who led me on to thinking I was going to score. He turned out to be a Mass Murderer that got caught up in LA. SO I won't do that again. That was 30-40 years ago, when Weed was easier to buy.
High School students can find it easily, but not old granpas. So I haven't had a Joint in probably 20-30 years!

KG4CGC
08-27-2012, 09:19 AM
Who is going to sell it to GRAMPS? Not like I can go to a 7-11 or Safeway and buy a pack of Acapalco Gold! I remember going down to the Mission beach Boardwalk one night sitting on the wall asking passer byers if they had weed for sale. BAD IDEA! I got ROLLED by some Rat Bastard who led me on to thinking I was going to score. He turned out to be a Mass Murderer that got caught up in LA. SO I won't do that again. That was 30-40 years ago, when Weed was easier to buy.
High School students can find it easily, but not old granpas. So I haven't had a Joint in probably 20-30 years!

You can get a subscription.

N8XE
08-27-2012, 02:34 PM
Ya know, sometimes I wonder if I truly drink too much. It is not uncommon for me to have about 4 to 5 ounces of Scotch, Whiskey, or Brandy in the evening about 5 out of 7 days a week. This is about 3 hours before bed when I am relaxing (and not driving) watching TV, playing on the radio (or online games with my friends). A liter bottle of something usually gets consumed in about 10 days.

I calculated it up. A liter bottle is about 33 ounces which is about 4.7 ounces a day if I go through a liter a week. I think a serving is considered 1.5? I don't drive drunk and I don't go to bars often. I enjoy sitting down with friends and neighbors enjoying adult beverages any chance I can.

I have never been staggering drunk (can't stand the feeling of drinking too much). I just like the relaxed buzz.

I think tonight I am going to have some brandy.

Jason N8XE

KG4CGC
08-27-2012, 02:50 PM
Well, the propaganda tells us it's 2 drinks a day. I'm sure that can vary by individual.

n6hcm
08-28-2012, 03:36 AM
Who is going to sell it to GRAMPS?

get a medical marijuana card and find a dispensary. surely mj could be used to treat your fear of black widows?

NY3V
08-28-2012, 09:28 AM
...surely mj could be used to treat your fear of black widows?

http://www.crossoflightdiamondfoundation.com/thebelievers/Zambian-widows.jpg ;)