PDA

View Full Version : Intruder shot... no wait... NOT shot...

X-Rated
08-23-2012, 09:55 AM
LL Cool J (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2012/08/ll-cool-j-safe-after-violent-confrontation-with-burglar-at-his-home.html) don't need no stinkin gun for a simple intruder alert.

A man who allegedly broke into actor-rapper LL Cool J's home suffered a broken nose and jaw at the action star's hands Wednesday morning.

"LL Cool J, and his family, are safe and thank everyone for their thoughts and concern," his representative said. "As a father, husband and citizen, he is committed to keeping his family safe and is cooperating with authorities on this private matter."

LL Cool J, who rose to fame with the aptly named hit song "Mama Said Knock You Out" and portrays a special agent on the CBS drama "NCIS Los Angeles," proved life imitates art and nabbed the burglar inside his expansive Studio City house.

When Los Angeles police arrived at the Blairwood Drive home around 1 a.m. Wednesday, LL Cool J had detained the battered and bruised suspect. The man was later identified as Jonathan Kirby, 56, a transient with a lengthy arrest record for thefts, fights and drugs, officials said.

Now we know why so many people want guns. They ain't LL Cool J.

http://www.trbimg.com/img-50358d4e/turbine/la-ll-cool-j-burglar-jpeg-0fdd8.jpg-20120822/600

NY3V
08-23-2012, 11:02 AM
I can't wait until NCIS LA returns on September 25th.

N7YA
08-23-2012, 05:37 PM
The guy chose the house poorly. Have you seen Cool J?? The man is BIG! Im sure that "intruder" got his shit worked.

Would YOU fuck with him?

N8YX
08-24-2012, 07:09 AM
Now let an LL-level thug break into the average ham's house and guess the outcome.

Sorry, but this example fails the stink test.

X-Rated
08-24-2012, 07:27 AM
Now let an LL-level thug break into the average ham's house and guess the outcome.

Sorry, but this example fails the stink test.

I would beat the crap out of the intruder. I know where things are in my house. The only thing is, if he intrudes the second time to my house, it won't be so easy for me to sneak up from behind since the first time I will have knocked his eyeballs to the back of his head.

Yeah.

N8YX
08-24-2012, 07:46 AM
I would beat the crap out of the intruder. I know where things are in my house. The only thing is, if he intrudes the second time to my house, it won't be so easy for me to sneak up from behind since the first time I will have knocked his eyeballs to the back of his head.

Yeah.
Sorry, Jerry, but you're not an "average" individual if you can go toe-to-toe with a meth-head street fighter possessed of a jailhouse build along with a jailhouse mentality and come out on top.

People who interact with such upstanding pillars of society for a living - primarily, to re-incarcerate them - don't come to the game equipped with nothing but bare hands either.

Again, your example fails the real-world test.

X-Rated
08-24-2012, 08:47 AM

Again, your example fails the real-world test.

So does 99.9% of the hypotheticals involving guns on this board. Just sayin'.

N7YA
08-24-2012, 09:16 AM
Theres a few factors here.

First, i know my house in the dark. Next, i will be more fired up to protect it than they will be to sneak around in it. Next, most home invasions are group invasions where the door gets kicked in and the place stormed. Next...folks have guns, somebody gonna die! Whether it be the homeowner or the intruder, someones getting holes in them. Next, Who gives a shit, win or lose, someone breaking in, you have to do what you can...whether its 'whatever they say and you wont get killed', or 'hide in your spot and take the advantage'. It all depends on the circumstance. Ive you've lived in major cities and smelled decaying bodies before, chances are you have somewhat of a game plan because that shit happens with regularity. If you spent your entire life in a peaceful small town, chances are you have an over reactionary and very impractical game plan involving massive firepower and John wayne bullshit.

The particular incident is simple, the guy was an old tweaker, Cool J was huge, ready and protecting his family...guy got some bones broken. If it were the group assault with similarly sized guys with guns, we may be reading his obit right now.

KG4CGC
08-24-2012, 09:36 AM
Some guy tried to tell me that he loaded his own paintballs with cat piss.

N7YA
08-24-2012, 05:41 PM
Some guy tried to tell me that he loaded his own paintballs with cat piss.

Theres a lot of logistical questions with that. How do load a paint ball, and moreso, how do you collect the cat piss?

kb2vxa
08-24-2012, 10:37 PM
"How do load a paint ball,..."
With a hypo.
"...and moreso, how do you collect the cat piss?"
Have them line up for a drug test.

NA4BH
08-24-2012, 10:53 PM
Theres a lot of logistical questions with that. How do load a paint ball, and moreso, how do you collect the cat piss?

The guy loves pussy? Just sayin'