PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: TRUCKERS!

KA9MOT
08-17-2012, 05:24 PM
Many of us truck drivers know about DACs incorrect data that prevents many truckers from gaining employment.

Here is some good news for you:

http://www.thetruckersreport.com/hireright-sued/

One company (Winger Truck Lines, Davenport, IA) reported they fired me for having a bad attitude when in fact what I did was dead head their truck back to Davenport from NY and quit after they refused to get me home after 3 months on the road. I recall telling the head planner to kiss my big fat hairy ass.......

Anyway, read the story, and if you want to see what is on your DAC click the link in the story.... They have to send you the report for free.

More info on same: http://www.landlinemag.com/Story.aspx?StoryID=24027

NY3V
08-17-2012, 05:52 PM
...they fired me for having a bad attitude when in fact what I did was dead head their truck back to Davenport from NY and quit after they refused to get me home after 3 months on the road.

Davenport? Isn't that infamous for its Chamber of Commerce subversives like this guy?:

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/08/caterer-at-obama-iowa-event-wears-pro-romney-shirt/

(Obama certainly should have bit this hand that fed him) :snicker:

XE1/N5AL
08-17-2012, 07:44 PM
After reaching a settlement with the government on this, has HireRight now opened the door to a multitude of civil suits against themselves (or a big class action suit) from the truckers?

NQ6U
08-17-2012, 10:03 PM
After reaching a settlement with the government on this, has HireRight now opened the door to a multitude of civil suits against themselves (or a big class action suit) from the truckers?

All I can say is that I requested a copy of my DAC and if there's anything on there that's questionable, they will be hearing from me.

NA4BH
08-17-2012, 10:13 PM
Question. DAC? WTF is that?

NQ6U
08-17-2012, 10:18 PM
Question. DAC? WTF is that?

It's kind of similar to a credit report, only it's a way for trucking companies to tell other trucking companies things about drivers that wouldn't necessarily show up on their driving record. Carriers that subscribe to the service can put in information about a driver's attitude or whatever they choose. The problem is that, up until now, there was no way for a driver to know what was on his/her DAC report so companies would sometimes abuse it just to get back at a driver they didn't like. I suspect my last employer may have done something like that, which is why I requested a copy of my report.

NA4BH
08-17-2012, 10:19 PM
Thanks

KA9MOT
08-18-2012, 12:11 AM
All I can say is that I requested a copy of my DAC and if there's anything on there that's questionable, they will be hearing from me.

I requested mine too, and I know some of what is on it (from my last trucking job). I too plan to make sure they hear from me even though I no longer drive.

W5GA
08-18-2012, 12:46 PM
If the data on the report is incorrect, what recourse do you have?

NQ6U
08-18-2012, 01:42 PM

Threats of legal action, mostly.

WØTKX
08-18-2012, 01:46 PM
So, did you guys did up any dirt to help you out?

NQ6U
08-18-2012, 02:07 PM
So, did you guys did up any dirt to help you out?

Not yet. They said it could take up to 10 days to receive a copy of my DAC report.

KA9MOT
08-18-2012, 10:21 PM

Absolutely nothing, hence the suit.

NA4BH
08-18-2012, 10:31 PM
Just to let you guys know I did call "How's my driving, call 1-800-EAT-Sh!+" on each of you. Oh yeah, that was me in the (insert color/insert make of vehicle/insert model year). :rofl:

I drive quite a lot (a fscking lot). Too much. I have found that truckers will extend the courtesy's that you extend them.

NQ6U
08-18-2012, 10:37 PM
Just to let you guys know I did call "How's my driving, call 1-800-EAT-Sh!+" on each of you. Oh yeah, that was me in the (insert color/insert make of vehicle/insert model year).

Are you the asshole who tried to pass me on the right while I was making a right turn the other day?? Man, you're lucky your car was bright yellow or you'd be nothing but a grease spot on State Route 94 now.

KA9MOT
08-18-2012, 10:45 PM
There has always been a sort of war between "4-wheelers" and "big trucks". I've never understood it. While it is true that many car drivers don't understand the limitations of and what is going on with that big truck, for some reason many truck drivers fault them for that. And it is getting worse.

Go sit in a truck stop restaurant for an hour over a cup of coffee and listen to the conversation around you. Count how many times you hear the term, "F#$%ing 4 - wheelers".

Most truckers are very safe, courteous drivers. 1 out of 10 is a problem. The problem is you have to figure out which one. The CDL came out in 1990 and that was billed as a way to get rid of the trash... a complete failure, but now we are all in a Federal Database so the public is safer. I was one of the first in the country to turn in my Chauffeurs Licenses (all 3 of them) and get the new CDL, when my IL Chauffeurs was getting close to expiring. It was April 1990.

NA4BH
08-18-2012, 10:46 PM
Are you the asshole who tried to pass me on the right while I was making a right turn the other day?? Man, you're lucky your car was bright yellow or you'd be nothing but a grease spot on State Route 94 now.

Hey, FSCK YOU, couldn't you see I was texting?

NA4BH
08-18-2012, 10:50 PM
There has always been a sort of war between "4-wheelers" and "big trucks". I've never understood it. While it is true that many car drivers don't understand the limitations of and what is going on with that big truck, for some reason many truck drivers fault them for that. And it is getting worse.

Go sit in a truck stop restaurant for an hour over a cup of coffee and listen to the conversation around you. Count how many times you hear the term, "F#$%ing 4 - wheelers".

Most truckers are very safe, courteous drivers. 1 out of 10 is a problem. The problem is you have to figure out which one. The CDL came out in 1990 and that was billed as a way to get rid of the trash... a complete failure, but now we are all in a Federal Database so the public is safer. I was one of the first in the country to turn in my Chauffeurs Licenses (all 3 of them) and get the new CDL, when my IL Chauffeurs was getting close to expiring. It was April 1990.

I always cut you guy's some slack. You are just like me, let me finish my run so I can get home sooner (or to the next stop). What is nice is when the truckers respond back the same.

KA9MOT
08-18-2012, 10:58 PM
I always cut you guy's some slack. You are just like me, let me finish my run so I can get home sooner (or to the next stop). What is nice is when the truckers respond back the same.

And that is usually noticed. I always did anyway. I don't drive anymore. I had my last heart attack (3rd) on the truck in Amarillo, TX in 2006 and after that my medical card got pulled. It was time, I'd been driving for more than a year after I started using insulin.... it turns out that if they wanted to they could throw you in prison for that. It wasn't fun anymore anyway. It had become a job.

NA4BH
08-18-2012, 11:09 PM
It had become a job.

Exactly. When it becomes that, time for something else.