PDA

View Full Version : How Often do the Cops Come ?

n2ize
08-16-2012, 11:03 PM
How often do the cops come to your home to tell you to turn the music down because a neighbor complained ?

WØTKX
08-16-2012, 11:39 PM
Gotta stop playing that hot rod violin?

N2NH
08-17-2012, 12:16 AM
Not since 1979. Then they found out that two of my neighbors were the real culprits. In fact one of them who was blasting her stereo was the one who called the cops. The cops were thoroughly pissed.

w0aew
08-17-2012, 07:25 AM
How often do the cops come to your home to tell you to turn the music down because a neighbor complained ?

Why do you ask?

W5GA
08-17-2012, 07:54 AM
Never...my nearest neighbor is 1/4 mile down the road.

NQ6U
08-17-2012, 08:06 AM
Last time the cops came to my house, they came with M-16s and surrounded the place. Long and interesting story behind that but I don't have time to go into it right now.

K7SGJ
08-17-2012, 08:19 AM
Last time the cops came to my house, they came with M-16s and surrounded the place. Long and interesting story behind that but I don't have time to go into it right now.

I guess you were able to get it all flushed down the crapper in time? :chin:

N8YX
08-17-2012, 08:23 AM
Sounds like one of our range pre-trips. Everyone wants to show off their toys beforehand.

PA5COR
08-17-2012, 09:15 AM
Every year once for the yearly check on the guns, and papers.
No big deal the neighbours and we are on good footing, and know what they are here for.
Must be why i can put up all kind of weird contraptions as antenna's ;)

K7SGJ
08-17-2012, 09:58 AM
No big deal the neighbours and we are on good footing, and know what they are here for.

If the "radio police" ever show up, you're in deep shitski. :shhh:

PA5COR
08-17-2012, 10:28 AM
^Shiver me timbers..... not ;)

WØTKX
08-17-2012, 11:02 AM
Thinking about the title of this thread, that depends.

Vice Squad?

n2ize
08-17-2012, 11:05 AM
Wow !! You REALLY must have had the music cranked up way loud !! :lol:

n2ize
08-17-2012, 11:06 AM

The cops come every year to check the guns ??

WØTKX
08-17-2012, 12:36 PM
Not a bad idea, IMHO.

PA5COR
08-17-2012, 12:45 PM
They will come once a year to check the serial numbers of the guns and if the place we keep them is according the law = gunsafe bolted to wall or floor.
They only have access to the safe and room the safe is is, no big deal, sometimes they pass up a year if they are "busy" ( = lack interest doing it)
Just one of the rules politicians introduced to thwart illegal gun posession, and of course this is bupkiss and not working...
We don't keep illegal guns, that's what criminals do, of which i am not one.

That's politicians, no knowledge about things they make new laws about...

The cops come every year to check the guns ??

NY3V
08-17-2012, 01:09 PM
Depends on their libido and size of their member?

n2ize
08-17-2012, 01:39 PM
They will come once a year to check the serial numbers of the guns and if the place we keep them is according the law = gunsafe bolted to wall or floor.
They only have access to the safe and room the safe is is, no big deal, sometimes they pass up a year if they are "busy" ( = lack interest doing it)
Just one of the rules politicians introduced to thwart illegal gun posession, and of course this is bupkiss and not working...
We don't keep illegal guns, that's what criminals do, of which i am not one.

That's politicians, no knowledge about things they make new laws about...
Here in America we don't have to deal with the cops checking up on our guns every year. We keep em at home. Some of us even keep em ready to use is case a lowlife tries to mess with us.

n2ize
08-17-2012, 01:40 PM
On a good night you can hear me all over the hood. :cool2:

PA5COR
08-17-2012, 05:02 PM
I;m 60, and never had any violent trouble here.
Our gun related deaths are a few tenths of % of the USA, violence here in the small provincial town is almost non existent, a few bloody noses in the city in bar brawls and that is it.
No need to keep a loaded gun in the house for selfdefense.
And if i might need to use a gun that is done in 30 sec's time, speed loader, revolver done.
Including the time to open the vault.
Doors, windows, all strengthened and burglar proof, front and backdoor 2 inches hardwood.
Our street and neighbours keep an eye out for each other and since the street runs dead against a waterway only people that need to be here come in our street.
I have all my firearms at home, reload have about 10,000 rounds or combined components in the house to reload.
The only restriction is the dangerous goods restriction, limiting the amount of flammables, acids and powder we can store in the house, though you can get a higher limit if you can show you need a higher limit.
As can be so for ammunition collectors or arms collectors with firearms that they collect and shoot with.
We can use violence to protect ourselfs in the house or ouside, never needed it, must be my 7 feet length.... ;) or just be clever and stay away from trouble.
It's just paperwork, just like my drivers license ( commercial) my welding certificates i need to renew, etc.
If that keeps them happy, so be it, a small price for owning and using firearms up to and .50 BMG.
Including semi auto military firearms, or the so called "assault" rifles.
No restriction on magazines and number of bullets in them, etc.

Here in America we don't have to deal with the cops checking up on our guns every year. We keep em at home. Some of us even keep em ready to use is case a lowlife tries to mess with us.

n2ize
08-17-2012, 06:17 PM
I;m 60, and never had any violent trouble here.
Our gun related deaths are a few tenths of % of the USA, violence here in the small provincial town is almost non existent, a few bloody noses in the city in bar brawls and that is it.
No need to keep a loaded gun in the house for selfdefense.
And if i might need to use a gun that is done in 30 sec's time, speed loader, revolver done.
Including the time to open the vault.
Doors, windows, all strengthened and burglar proof, front and backdoor 2 inches hardwood.
Our street and neighbours keep an eye out for each other and since the street runs dead against a waterway only people that need to be here come in our street.
I have all my firearms at home, reload have about 10,000 rounds or combined components in the house to reload.
The only restriction is the dangerous goods restriction, limiting the amount of flammables, acids and powder we can store in the house, though you can get a higher limit if you can show you need a higher limit.
As can be so for ammunition collectors or arms collectors with firearms that they collect and shoot with.
We can use violence to protect ourselfs in the house or ouside, never needed it, must be my 7 feet length.... ;) or just be clever and stay away from trouble.
It's just paperwork, just like my drivers license ( commercial) my welding certificates i need to renew, etc.
If that keeps them happy, so be it, a small price for owning and using firearms up to and .50 BMG.
Including semi auto military firearms, or the so called "assault" rifles.
No restriction on magazines and number of bullets in them, etc.
Sounds good but it still sounds like more tracking than I and most Americans would appreciate. Nonetheless, if it works for you than who am I to judge.

n2ize
08-17-2012, 06:21 PM

Actually I never practice after 11:00pm. family members and immediate neighbors trying to sleep might appreciate the quiet.

My main reason for asking is that a lot of friends who play guitar, drums, get visited by the cops. Usually the cops are pretty nice about it, just telling them to try and "tone it down" after 9 or 10 pm. But one guy I know was just in his apartment softly strumming his acoustic and the cops pounded on his door and when he opened there were 4 cops and they told him he better shut up or else... Maybe a VIP lives in his building.

WØTKX
08-17-2012, 06:23 PM
Oh. Well it was prolly a dayum hippie protest song.

KG4NEL
08-17-2012, 08:32 PM

http://hwcdn.net/j3v8m4w2/cds/www/images/videos/thumbs/141178.jpg

n2ize
08-17-2012, 08:41 PM
Well. Ya know how it is with them dang hippies. It's that "counter-culture-ism". :cool2:

WØTKX
08-17-2012, 09:07 PM
Here ya go. Now, it's a gun thread! :neener:

(http://youtu.be/BkYBJId7WZs)http://youtu.be/BkYBJId7WZs

http://youtu.be/BkYBJId7WZs