PDA

View Full Version : Elvis Died?

W3WN
08-16-2012, 08:40 PM
Now what's all this nonsense about the 15th being the anniversary of Elvis' death?

He's NOT dead.

He was just demoted to AAA. Roster move required to make room for a trade-deadline acquisition.

But we expect to see him back up before the end of the month. Both him and Jose Tabata.

But died?

Really. What IS wrong with some people...

K7SGJ
08-16-2012, 09:01 PM
Nah, I saw him in a restraunt enjoying a salad, with gravy.

NQ6U
08-16-2012, 09:03 PM
Elvis ain't dead, I seent 'im myself, fillin' up a pink Cadillac in Grand Island, Nebraska.

WA4TM
08-16-2012, 09:18 PM
Nah, I saw him in a restraunt enjoying a salad, with gravy.

And there was another salad w/gravy under that one!!!!!!!:mrgreen:

NQ6U
08-16-2012, 09:29 PM
And there was another salad w/gravy under that one!!!!!!!:mrgreen:

And then a fried peanut butter and banana sandwich.

kf0rt
08-16-2012, 09:31 PM
BTW, the director's cut of Woodstock is on Paladium right now.

Elvis wasn't a hippie.

Would have headlined, otherwise.

KJ3N
08-16-2012, 09:32 PM
"No, Elvis is not dead. He just went home." - Agent Kay

N2NH
08-17-2012, 10:55 PM
Elvis has left the building.

Quite honestly, I never did get Elvis or whatever the F*CK he was about. He was bigger in Hell's Kitchen than the Beatles and I never got that either. Guess he was before my time. Now anything from 1961 on? Things got better. The Marvelettes, the Toys, the Supremes, the Beach Boys? That's more my speed.

N7YA
08-19-2012, 05:53 PM
I see the sunofabich everywhere here!

Frankly, im sick of seeing him. Hes also a shape-shifter, it seems. He appears on every street corner and tribute show...amazing! He also is fat one minute, then skinny and short, or tall and old, or Filipino, Mexican, black, Japanese...he will take pictures with you if you tip him. But he always has that ugly ass jumpsuit, gold sunglasses and bad hair. I guess its physically impossible for him to pull off the classic 50's era look that was so much more flattering to him.

N7YA
08-19-2012, 05:57 PM
Elvis has left the building.

Quite honestly, I never did get Elvis or whatever the F*CK he was about. He was bigger in Hell's Kitchen than the Beatles and I never got that either. Guess he was before my time. Now anything from 1961 on? Things got better. The Marvelettes, the Toys, the Supremes, the Beach Boys? That's more my speed.

I agree....i never got him either. I will admit, he had a great voice and stage presence, good looking guy (when he was younger), but couldnt write a song to save his life. Beatles and Beach Boys, on the other hand...when it came to songwriting? All i can say is...Damn!

NQ6U
08-19-2012, 07:01 PM
Elvis was something truly great right up until he went into the Army and they put the electrodes in his brain, or whatever it was that happened to him there. Put a decent copy of All Shook Up on a good stereo, crank the volume, then sit down and really listen to it. You'll see what I mean.

X-Rated
08-20-2012, 04:32 PM
Now what's all this nonsense about the 15th being the anniversary of Elvis' death?

He's NOT dead.

He was just demoted to AAA. Roster move required to make room for a trade-deadline acquisition.

But we expect to see him back up before the end of the month. Both him and Jose Tabata.

But died?

Really. What IS wrong with some people...

I thought I would see if anyone else would say, "It was 35 years."

Anyway, I love to tell the story of how I heard of this event. I was in my second year at college and I bought a house to live and go to school. I paid $4000 cash. As I was moving things into the house, my new neighbor began talking to me. It was obvious that he was not only very old, he had a stroke before and half of his face was droopy. He said, "Have you heard the news that Elvis died?" I smiled a bit and indicated to the old man that I had not heard this. Elvis wouldn't just die. LOL

Anyway, old Glen and I became pretty good friends. We would cruise to the dump. The house I had bought had tons of garbage to be thrown away. His wife would just watch us go everywhere and Glen would come by and visit often. One day on my way home, I saw him on the roof working on his TV antenna and I climbed the ladder to help him out. I even let him 3rd party traffic to W0GSW in Joplin who was an old friend. Great times.

About 7 months after the Elvis incident, his wife came over and asked If I had seen Glen. I said I had not. She asked me about the crawl space under the house. I went and looked and there was Glen under the house, cold as a cold 807.

I enjoyed the few months shared with Glen. He was the guy who broke the news to me about Elvis.