PDA

View Full Version : Weis???

X-Rated
08-13-2012, 01:02 PM
I won't bore everybody (except Duncan) about what it means to be a Kansas Jayhawk fan. I realize that we each have our own favorite college football team and such, but what are the dynamics of these guys' propensity to win football games. Last year, I was in a quandary. as a father of 2 kids in Northern Illinois, I wanted to see Kansas annihilate the Huskies on the field or I wanted to see NIU win the game. Neither happened. They spent the whole game trading leads and Kansas won in the end, but just barely. I told my Jayhawk fan friends that this, the second game of the season, was the last, and indeed it was. The Jayhawks did not enter another "W" all season long.

Enter Charlie Weis as Kansas coach. Enter TCU into the Big 12. Enter West Virginia into the Big 12. Exit Missouri from the Big 12. Exit Texas A&M from the Big 12.

What happens now? Will Weis make a positive change to the Jayhawk winability? Can he bring the wisdom of a perennial winning school to the hills of Lawrence, KS? Will getting rid of Missouri and Texas A&M and replacing them with West Virginia and the TCU horny toads help Kansas to more victories?

Wife and I have tickets to the football game between Kansas and NIU this year. I am sure Kansas will win this one. I hope it is a better season for the Jayhawks.

WØTKX
08-13-2012, 01:13 PM
What do you want?

X-Rated
08-13-2012, 01:21 PM
Compare notes. Look to the future. Wonder what will transpire. You have Colorado moving to the Pac 12 and not doing well last year. What are your thoughts on that? Why would that happen? Did the Buffs put themselves in over their heads? Are they not yet ready for prime time?

WX7P
08-13-2012, 01:26 PM
EEWWW, Charlie Weis is Kansas coach?

If he couldn't win at Notre Dame with their national recruiting, what makes him think he can win at Kansas? And, no, it's not an academic standards issue. Notre Dame and Stanford always roll out that nonsense, but they always manage to get the blue chippers into school if they're good enough football players.

Weis is a great assistant coach and coordinator. He's NOT a good head coach.

The only thing Kansas is doing is giving Notre Dame an offset on the stupid contract extension they gave Weis.

Don't expect any miracles, Jerry, because they won't happen.

X-Rated
08-13-2012, 01:34 PM
Don't make me cry Janet.

Maybe I should pick a new school to cheer for? Go Texas. Yeah.

WØTKX
08-13-2012, 01:37 PM
I care very little about this circus of warrior sports.

The title of the thread is my last name.

My reaction is, "you called me, what do you want"?

X-Rated
08-13-2012, 01:38 PM
I core very about this circus. The title of the thread is my last name. My reaction is, "you called me, what do you want"?

Sorry Charlie. Only the worst coaches get the nod for Kansas.

WX7P
08-13-2012, 01:56 PM
Don't make me cry Janet.

Maybe I should pick a new school to cheer for? Go Texas. Yeah.

Uh, no. And the intent was not to rain on your parade.

Let's see, didn't Northern Illinois end Northwestern's record losing streak? I seem to recall something like that.

WX7P
08-13-2012, 01:57 PM

I still hold an interest. I think it's more due to my complete and total boredom right now.

WX7P
08-13-2012, 02:00 PM
Sorry Charlie. Only the worst coaches get the nod for Kansas.

X-Rated
08-13-2012, 02:02 PM
Uh, no. And the intent was not to rain on your parade.

Let's see, didn't Northern Illinois end Northwestern's record losing streak? I seem to recall something like that.

I don't think they played last season. But after Kansas last season, NIU lost few games.

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-11/mid-amer/2011-northern-illinois-huskies-football-schedule.php

NIU were the MAC champs and they won their bowl game. I was proud of the Huskies.

X-Rated
08-13-2012, 02:09 PM
OMG. NIU plays Ohio State in 2015. Well, they should have some time to practice for that one.

kf0rt
08-13-2012, 02:22 PM

The title of the thread is my last name.

My reaction is, "you called me, what do you want"?

Funny - when I saw the thread, my first thought was, "Isn't that Dave?"

Never heard of that other guy and kinda hate Kansas anyway (the state - screw sports). Too flat and too many weirdos.

Carry on. :lol:

WX7P
08-13-2012, 02:23 PM
Funny - when I saw the thread, my first thought was, "Isn't that Dave?"

Never heard of that other guy and kinda hate Kansas anyway (the state - screw sports). Too flat and too many weirdos.

Carry on. :lol:

Wow, that's severe.

Actually, I thought Al Weis, ex-second baseman for the New York Mets.

kf0rt
08-13-2012, 02:26 PM
Wow, that's severe.

But not entirely unjustified. :rofl:

WX7P
08-13-2012, 02:32 PM
But not entirely unjustified. :rofl:

I don't disagree.

I should have finished my thought.

K7SGJ
08-13-2012, 03:22 PM
Hell, I thought is was about Adel. I always liked the way Julie Andrews sang it.

X-Rated
08-13-2012, 03:24 PM
Maybe they will call the Jayhawks, "The Weis (Vice) Squad" then.

WX7P
08-13-2012, 03:34 PM
Maybe they will call the Jayhawks, "The Weis (Vice) Squad" then.

Only with an Arte Johnson accent.

WX7P
08-13-2012, 03:34 PM
Hey, Jerry.

You've still got basketball.

X-Rated
08-13-2012, 04:28 PM
Hey, Jerry.

You've still got basketball.

Yeah right. With that crappy team we had last year. They couldn't even beat Kentucky in the championship game. Crap.

NQ6U
08-13-2012, 08:12 PM
What do you want?

Yeah, I thought it was about you too.

K7SGJ
08-13-2012, 08:15 PM
Yeah right. With that crappy team we had last year. They couldn't even beat Kentucky in the championship game. Crap.

Crappy team? That team sounds fishy. But I'm sure they have a whale of a time.

kf0rt
08-13-2012, 08:16 PM
I don't disagree.

I should have finished my thought.

And I promised myself I'd try to stay out of the sports threads. Thus, the "carry on."

You guys have fun, now. ;)

X-Rated
09-10-2012, 11:49 AM
EEWWW, Charlie Weis is Kansas coach?

If he couldn't win at Notre Dame with their national recruiting, what makes him think he can win at Kansas? And, no, it's not an academic standards issue. Notre Dame and Stanford always roll out that nonsense, but they always manage to get the blue chippers into school if they're good enough football players.

Weis is a great assistant coach and coordinator. He's NOT a good head coach.

The only thing Kansas is doing is giving Notre Dame an offset on the stupid contract extension they gave Weis.

Don't expect any miracles, Jerry, because they won't happen.

I expected the miracle that Kansas could defeat powerhouse Rice, but that didn't happen under Charlie Weis. In fact, out of the 10 teams in the Big 12 conference, there is just one loss so far this season. At least Kansas is in the top 10 of the Big 12 conference.

X-Rated
09-19-2012, 03:05 PM
Well, the Kansas Jayhawks will drive into Dekalb, Illinois this weekend. I seriously doubt Charlie Weis can coach his Jayhawks to a victory over the very tough Division 1AA team. I will be attending with the XYL. Northern Illinois by 7.

X-Rated
09-22-2012, 11:10 PM
Charlie Weis works major suckage as a head coach. You are so right about him, Janet. The Jayhawks will not win any conference games this season and will be at the bottom of the Big 12.

The game today was a good match for teams. The problem is that the Jayhawks should have trounced today against the Huskies. In fact, at one point, the score was Kansas 23 NIU 13. Kansas then allowed 17 unanswered points from the Huskies and lost by my point spread of 7 points.

I thought that I would be able to cheer for both teams, but it was not possible. I am a Huskie fan. I cheered for who I considered the underdogs. Many KU fans adorned the stadium today. They were thinking that the game would be an easy win. I knew this game would not be easy for either team.

NIU didn't capitalize on any turnovers. KU turned the ball over 2 times.........on downs. NIU turned the ball over once on an INT for a TD. For that moment, the score was KU 23 - 13. Kansas could not sustain a good series of pass receptions. Several times, the KU receiver would be alone and drop an easy pass. NIU was very successful on the QB running the ball up the gut. NIU didn't waste opportunities with a wide open receiver.

I felt sorry for the Jayhawk fans who thought this would be an easy win. Lots of kids were there were crushed by the piss poor performance of the Jayhawks.Anyway, I made my prediction and it was spot on. I could make lots of money on predicting KU scores.