http://vimeo.com/15184546

NA4BH
08-13-2012, 12:04 PM
Very nice. Thanks for sharing.

WX7P
08-13-2012, 12:07 PM
GREAT story, George.

Bald eagles are magnificent birds.

That was one of the few redeeming features of Tulelake. The Bald Eagles always showed up in the winter months and would perch on the power poles looking for tasty treats.

I saw one up close at the Tulelake Bird festival one year. It was an injury rescue and a truly stunning bird.

A side note, they also had a Barn Owl, another really cool bird. We have a barn owl living in our palm tree in the back yard, which is why I won't let Vladimir Kitten outside until he gets a little bigger. The owl is HUGE.

w2amr
08-13-2012, 12:19 PM
GREAT story, George.

Bald eagles are magnificent birds.

That was one of the few redeeming features of Tulelake. The Bald Eagles always showed up in the winter months and would perch on the power poles looking for tasty treats.

I saw one up close at the Tulelake Bird festival one year. It was an injury rescue and a truly stunning bird.

A side note, they also had a Barn Owl, another really cool bird. We have a barn owl living in our palm tree in the back yard, which is why I won't let Vladimir Kitten outside until he gets a little bigger. The owl is HUGE.
Good move, a hungry barn owl is more than a kitten could deal with.

X-Rated
08-13-2012, 12:47 PM
Good move, a hungry barn owl is more than a kitten could deal with.

And no one would want to tell their friends that a bird ate their cat.

WX7P
08-13-2012, 12:51 PM
And no one would want to tell their friends that a bird ate their cat.

We think that's what may have happened to The Chairman. We didn't know the barn owl was up there until Bhutan (who we got after Chairman) spotted him up in the tree and spooked him into flying off. Bhutan and Tarja are both huge cats, so I'm not worried about them. Fraidy is too savvy to get zapped by any flying creature. I just wish she'd show up.

kb2vxa
08-13-2012, 03:43 PM
Looks like a girl I once dated. No, not the blonde... called her Beaky. (;->)