PDA

View Full Version : What a day. And it only just started.

K7SGJ
08-13-2012, 08:35 AM
The sunrise was beautiful as it came over the mountains this morning. A slight breeze from the SE seemed like it cooled the air to a balmy 103, but then it's still early.

The Olympics have come to an end. CNN just aired a collage of the competition. Seeing these young athletes form all over the world, interacting in such a positive way, makes me wonder what the world would be like if everyone followed their example.

Well, time to go out and play with the dogs for awhile. Unconditional love is great.

Everyone have a great day. I know I will.

peace

WX7P
08-13-2012, 09:16 AM
The sunrise was beautiful as it came over the mountains this morning. A slight breeze from the SE seemed like it cooled the air to a balmy 103, but then it's still early.

The Olympics have come to an end. CNN just aired a collage of the competition. Seeing these young athletes form all over the world, interacting in such a positive way, makes me wonder what the world would be like if everyone followed their example.

Well, time to go out and play with the dogs for awhile. Unconditional love is great.

Everyone have a great day. I know I will.

peace

Thanks for the inspirational moment, Eddie.

With Sarah in Reno and one of my cats missing, I woke up today feeling a bit glum. Your words are helpful.

I'm going to have a good day, too.

K7SGJ
08-13-2012, 09:37 AM
Thanks for the inspirational moment, Eddie.

With Sarah in Reno and one of my cats missing, I woke up today feeling a bit glum. Your words are helpful.

I'm going to have a good day, too.

I hope the cat is just out mousing and shows up soon. I know when one of the dogs go missing, it's like when one of the kids missed curfew and decided to stay out all night. Keep us posted.

X-Rated
08-13-2012, 09:54 AM
I hope the cat is just out mousing and shows up soon. I know when one of the dogs go missing, it's like when one of the kids missed curfew and decided to stay out all night. Keep us posted.

Last January, we found a stray cat in our front yard. We brought it in and fed and watered it and set it free again in hopes that it would find its way home. That wasn't to be the case. "CAT FOUND" signs I put up garnered several responses, but not for this cat. So now he is neutered and full of shots and ID chipped costing us a fortune. But we love the little turd.

I hope you find your cat, Janet. They mean a lot.

PA5COR
08-13-2012, 10:17 AM
Had to put down one of our cats this morning, so my day and my wife's day didn't start exactly fine....
18 years old. rescued it from a neighbour that wanbtd to kick it on the street, so i kicked the neighbour and took it in with a second cat they had, stayed with us for 16 of his 18 years though, got cancer to his nose, could not be operated so had to euthanise it today.
Feeling down and mad at the world and people who do things like that.....

Sorry for the post didn't mean to hijack it...

X-Rated
08-13-2012, 10:42 AM
Sorry for your loss, Cor.

K7SGJ
08-13-2012, 12:24 PM
Sorry about the cat, Cor. Losing a little friend is always hard.

PA5COR
08-13-2012, 02:24 PM
Thanks you all, appreciated.

WX7P
08-13-2012, 02:47 PM

I think Fraidy (the sig line) is just Po'd because we haven't had the cat door open due to Vladimir Kitten and our barn owl situation.

We have a neighbor across the fence that feeds feral cats and I think she's eating over there. She also doesn't like Vlad or Bhutan (who is has gotten REALLY big) because they want to play and Fraidy doesn't get that. I really don't want her to go feral because we're going to move soon to a more rural place where she can roam more. She was born in Tulelake, and loved it up there. I really like that cat.

Cor, sorry to hear about your kitty. I had to put Junior (or "Big Kitty") down in 2002 because he had cancer. He was around before my daughter and while he had the "oh shit, what the HELL is that" look on his face when we brought her home from the hospital, he was always really patient with her when she was a baby. He was 18 and a great cat.

Loaf, the avatar, also had cancer and wandered off to die in November 2010. We never did find him. He was 16, and a real character. He loved Carone, and used to sleep with her every night. When we lived in Santa Rosa, we used to sit on the porch and make fun of the neighbors while Loaf would stretch out on the sidewalk. The people walking dogs would come by and Loaf would ignore them because he knew they were on leashes. He was a really smart cat.

When it got hot, we used to douse him with with a pan of cold water while he was stretched out. At first, he'd be pissed, but then the coolness of the water on his fur made him realize it wasn't so bad. He didn't like the initial shock, but he liked the aftermath. Kind of like jumping into the Merced River in Yosemite National Park on a warm day. The water is cold, but you feel great when you get out.

KG4CGC
08-13-2012, 02:49 PM
Highs and Lows.
Salutations and Condolences all around.

X-Rated
08-13-2012, 02:50 PM
I think Fraidy (the sig line) is just Po'd because we haven't had the cat door open due to Vladimir Kitten and our barn owl situation.

We have a neighbor across the fence that feeds feral cats and I think she's eating over there. She also doesn't like Vlad or Bhutan (who is has gotten REALLY big) because they want to play and Fraidy doesn't get that. I really don't want her to go feral because we're going to move soon to a more rural place where she can roam more. She was born in Tulelake, and loved it up there. I really like that cat.

Cor, sorry to hear about your kitty. I had to put Junior (or "Big Kitty") down in 2002 because he had cancer. He was around before my daughter and while he had the "oh shit, what the HELL is that" look on his face when we brought her home from the hospital, he was always really patient with her when she was a baby. He was 18 and a great cat.

Loaf, the avatar, also had cancer and wandered off to die in November 2010. We never did find him. He was 16, and a real character. He loved Carone, and used to sleep with her every night. When we lived in Santa Rosa, we used to sit on the porch and make fun of the neighbors while Loaf would stretch out on the sidewalk. The people walking dogs would come by and Loaf would ignore them because he knew they were on leashes. He was a really smart cat.

When it got hot, we used to douse him with with a pan of cold water while he was stretched out. At first, he'd be pissed, but then the coolness of the water on his fur made him realize it wasn't so bad. He didn't like the initial shock, but he liked the aftermath. Kind of like jumping into the Merced River in Yosemite National Park on a warm day. The water is cold, but you feel great when you get out.

Amazing if Fraidy cat is reacting to Vladamir poutin' because he isn't getting let out.

w2amr
08-15-2012, 03:39 PM
Highs and Lows.
Salutations and Condolences all around.
ditto.