PDA

View Full Version : It's Weather like this... and other rants.

n2ize
08-11-2012, 01:51 PM
That makes me want to leave the east coast and head west. High humidity day after day after day makes you pour sweat continually. You are constantly soaked you need 3 or 4 showers per day and you have to wash and clothes constantly. Great part is that my new Bosch washer is broken down yet again. This time its a bad pump. Now I have to wait a week for them to bruing over and install a new pump. I would do it myself but it's under warranty. I can;t believe in this day and age it takes them a week just to replace a stinking pump for a washer.

KG4CGC
08-11-2012, 01:53 PM
Don't forget the meteor shower!

XE1/N5AL
08-11-2012, 02:15 PM
We're into my favorite time of year here. The hot season, of mid-April to mid-June, has already passed; and now, the temperatures usually stay within the high 70's and low 80's. Despite being much farther south, our mile-high altitude is responsible for the milder climate. It often rains a little bit each day, with a brief thunderstorm in the late afternoon, or during the wee morning hours. Our current 10 Day Forecast here (http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/Guadalajara+MXJO0043:1:MX)

n2ize
08-11-2012, 02:22 PM
We're into my favorite time of year here. The hot season, of mid-April to mid-June, has already passed; and now, the temperatures usually stay within the high 70's and low 80's. It often rains a little bit each day, with a brief thunderstorm in the late afternoon, or during the wee morning hours. Our current 10 Day Forecast here (http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/Guadalajara+MXJO0043:1:MX)
Your forecast temperatures are a bit cooler than here but I noticed your average humidity levels seem high, pretty close to ours.

XE1/N5AL
08-11-2012, 02:49 PM
It's quite peasant outside now. My biggest ham radio rant here would be the general unavailability of ham radio gear. What you do find, at commercial two-way radio stores, is limited and often expensive. The hams here order many items from the U.S., sometimes paying expensive shipping and high import duties. I drove to Atlanta for the month of July, and bought a bunch of odds and ends, like coaxial cables and connectors, to keep me busy until the next trip.

kb2vxa
08-11-2012, 06:09 PM
Not too bad, muggy but daytime temps in the mid 80s are tolerable if not a bit sweaty. It could be worse, another heatwave pushing the century mark. It's the weekend but thank the benny repellant for relief from drunken hell raisers, the Coast Guard is thankful they're not constantly fishing them out of the water. I can hear the party boat captains grumbling from here but it looks like the end of an all day storm, tomorrow is another day.

n2ize
08-11-2012, 06:23 PM
Not too bad, muggy but daytime temps in the mid 80s are tolerable if not a bit sweaty. It could be worse, another heatwave pushing the century mark. It's the weekend but thank the benny repellant for relief from drunken hell raisers, the Coast Guard is thankful they're not constantly fishing them out of the water. I can hear the party boat captains grumbling from here but it looks like the end of an all day storm, tomorrow is another day.
Summer will be over soon. Kids will be going back to school, days will become dramtically shorter, the air will become nippy, and rivers and lakes will freeze.

kf0rt
08-11-2012, 09:26 PM
Been real muggy here the last few days here, too. Not used to the humidity and the mountain visibility is diminished.

Got a small rain earlier (first in a long time).

WØTKX
08-11-2012, 09:29 PM
It's a delight going home to Evergreen after spending the day working near DIA.

kf0rt
08-11-2012, 11:13 PM
It's a delight going home to Evergreen after spending the day working near DIA.

That's gotta be a long friggin drive through the wilds of bad cellfone drivers, though. You have my salute.

VE7DCW
08-12-2012, 12:07 AM
There's an El Nino brewing out in the Pacific...... going to be a different kind of winter for everyone!! :yes:

NQ6U
08-12-2012, 12:22 AM
There's an El Nino brewing out in the Pacific...... going to be a different kind of winter for everyone!! :yes:

Looks like I better buy myself a new pair of rubber boots.

VE7DCW
08-12-2012, 12:27 AM
Looks like I better by myself a new pair of rubber boots.

Yup ....... same here. It's always warmer and wetter in British Columbia in any El Nino....... remember the disturbing lack of snow during the 2010 winter Olympics?

An El Nino year! :-|

n2ize
08-12-2012, 03:09 AM

Yeah, probably even more heat and humidity next summer. ;)

N7YA
08-12-2012, 07:07 AM
Thats sure is no hootenanny! I just want those kids to GET OFF MY LAWN!

You know something else? My back hurts and they just dont make power tools like they used to.....baaaah.....

PA5COR
08-12-2012, 07:39 AM
just 24 degrees Celcius and 50% moist in the air, sunny all day.

W1GUH
08-12-2012, 07:09 PM
There's a modern day invention called an Air Conditioner that will solve a lot of the problems you describe, John. Maybe not outside, but inside anyway! AND when you DO have to go outside it feels SO GOOD to get into refrigerated air! <-- tongue in cheek!

Re: Bosch....

I always steer clear of anything made in Germany. IMHO, "Made in Germany" means they break often and are expensive to fix. Never had an appliance from there but I've had several cars and a movie camera and both fit my description.

n2ize
08-12-2012, 07:16 PM
There's a modern day invention called an Air Conditioner that will solve a lot of the problems you describe, John. Maybe not outside, but inside anyway! AND when you DO have to go outside it feels SO GOOD to get into refrigerated air! <-- tongue in cheek!

Thats the problem, if you are not in an artificially climate controlled space you pour sweat.. I don't understand what is so wonderful about summer . It's long, brutal, and uncomfortable.

I always steer clear of anything made in Germany. IMHO, "Made in Germany" means they break often and are expensive to fix. Never had an appliance from there but I've had several cars and a movie camera and both fit my description.
I have a Bosch dishwasher that is great. But so far their clothes washer sucks ass. Still waitin on that pump. Tryin to stretch my sweaty clothes on as long as possible. Phewww !!

W1GUH
08-12-2012, 07:30 PM
Yea...I can smell you from here!

n2ize
08-12-2012, 07:38 PM
Yea...I can smell you from here!
I know... I can be bad sometimes... LOL :lol:

K7SGJ
08-12-2012, 08:09 PM
Thats the problem, if you are not in an artificially climate controlled space you pour sweat.. I don't understand what is so wonderful about summer . It's long, brutal, and uncomfortable.

I have a Bosch dishwasher that is great. But so far their clothes washer sucks ass. Still waitin on that pump. Tryin to stretch my sweaty clothes on as long as possible. Phewww !!

Stretch those pants any more and you'll end up with a 73 inch inseam.

W1GUH
08-12-2012, 09:43 PM
I know... I can be bad sometimes... LOL :lol:

You're all set for a hamfest!

There's one thing about hot, steamy summer days. They turn into beautiful nights.