PDA

View Full Version : Car stereo, including CD changer for the cost of shipping...

W1GUH
08-09-2012, 10:14 AM
I'm just now waiting for UPS for a new stereo for the car (FINALLY getting one with XM built-in) so the old one is up for grabs. It's a decent one circa '94, a Panasonic CQ-R925EUC. Decent head-unit power and sound and has a front panel AUX input (rare in those days). It's a radio and cassette player for that retro look. The cassette doesn't currently work. Dunno the problem, but who uses cassettes these days any?

The AUX input is totally excellent for mobile operation. Just plug the headphone output into it and you've got all the great sound you'll ever need. Has worked great with every radio I've tried it with....TR-3, TR-7, FT-857, FT-817, IC-720a. The older TR's need a quarter inch mono to one eighth stereo adapter.

It also comes with a six disc CD changer that plugs into it. I'd rather someone got some more use out of it than pitching it or having it collect dust. I'd estimate packing (professional) and shipping to be about $30.00. Or...a local in-person delivery would be very excellent with a radius of about 100 miles (or even more -- I love road trips.) That would make it FREE!

Again, the only thing that doesn't work is the tape transport -- that might be an easy fix. I just don't know.

K7SGJ
08-09-2012, 10:16 AM
I'm just now waiting for UPS for a new stereo for the car (FINALLY getting one with XM built-in) so the old one is up for grabs. It's a decent one circa '94, a Panasonic CQ-R925EUC. Decent head-unit power and sound and has a front panel AUX input (rare in those days). It's a radio and cassette player for that retro look. The cassette doesn't currently work. Dunno the problem, but who uses cassettes these days any?

The AUX input is totally excellent for mobile operation. Just plug the headphone output into it and you've got all the great sound you'll ever need. Has worked great with every radio I've tried it with....TR-3, TR-7, FT-857, FT-817, IC-720a. The older TR's needd a mono to stereo mini adapter.

It also comes with a six disc CD changer that plugs into it. I'd rather someone got some more use out of it than pitching it or having it collect dust. I'd estimate packing (professional) and shipping to be about $30.00. Or...a local in-person delivery would be very excellent with a radius of about 100 miles (or even more -- I love road trips.) That would make it FREE!

Again, the only thing that doesn't work is the tape transport -- that might be an easy fix. I just don't know.

Perhaps your barber would be interested. Oh.........wait.............. long haired hippies don't have barbers. Never mind.