PDA

View Full Version : Oxymoron of the day

W5GA
08-01-2012, 11:28 PM
This happened in Houston, today. From the video, there wasn't any high speed anything.

Smart Car driver leads police on a high speed chase
http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7416902n&tag=stack

NQ6U
08-01-2012, 11:33 PM
The only way you could have a high-speed chase with a Smart Car would be to drop both vehicles involved from an airplane.

KG4CGC
08-02-2012, 12:55 AM
The only way you could have a high-speed chase with a Smart Car would be to drop both vehicles involved from an airplane.

A kid in a SmartCar™ wanted to drag race me today while waiting on the light. I'd say we were pretty evenly matched but he probably would have beat me off the line.
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/bebop5/Bike%20Parts/65bbf28c.jpg

N7YA
08-02-2012, 02:17 AM
I have to say, the "smart cars" i see here are always driven by dumb people going 90mph on the freeway, passing people and weaving through traffic like little assholes...what the hell IS that? Do they have a serious chip on their shoulder? If you want to get a sports car, buy a sports car! Besides, its just plain dumb to own one here anyway as its akin to driving an angry gocart onto an artillery range. Its just a good way to die. Being hit in one of those going 90 is a promise of death. No option.

Besides....its just fucking ugly. Cant even carry groceries in that stupid looking thing. I know, i know, its saving the world. I find, here at least, that people make 5 figure purchases because they want to make a statement, basically, they want to drive a giant bumper sticker espousing their opinions. Big penis truck to show everyone how bad ass you are, gocart of death (or even an fugly Prius) to show everyone how greena and lefty you are, a red Mustang with a scoop to show everyone what a Jersey Shore, UFC douchebag you are, or if you are over 50, the same car to show everyone your dick still works.

I have a smart car, it gets 38mpg and carries my stuff and looks cool enough for me...it doesnt need to be a hotrod. Another smart vehicle? A regular, stock pickup truck with mud on its ass. Basically, cars that were bought with some thought put into what you actually need it for, not what you want your neighbors to think...Vegas is a stupid city when you get down to it.

KB3LAZ
08-02-2012, 04:57 AM
I really do not see what is so smart about a smart car. For their size neither their MPG or price is all that outstanding. About the only thing smart is the fact that they fit in a motorcycle parking spot and even that is not smart as it will lead to an ass beating.

N8YX
08-02-2012, 06:52 AM
My primary all-weather freeway ride gets ~43MPG when driven at 65MPH - even my lowly Protege with 230K on the clock still gets 33!

Been saving gas for years by driving smaller-motored, fuel-efficient conveyances...even when it wasn't "trendy" to do so.

KB3LAZ
08-02-2012, 07:02 AM
My primary all-weather freeway ride gets ~43MPG when driven at 65MPH - even my lowly Protege with 230K on the clock still gets 33!

Been saving gas for years by driving smaller-motored, fuel-efficient conveyances...even when it wasn't "trendy" to do so.

I have only been driving for 10 years. For half of those years (or thereabout) I was restricted to a part time job because of school. This means I drove what I could afford to buy. Often times they were not overly economical. =P

wa6mhz
08-02-2012, 08:34 AM
I can put a SMART CAR in my Trunk!

KB3LAZ
08-02-2012, 08:46 AM
I can put a SMART CAR in my Trunk!

Does that qualify as having junk in your trunk? Mwhahaha.

K7SGJ
08-02-2012, 08:47 AM
I dunno, I think smart cars are smart. Just think, when you crash them, no coffin needed. Just crane them into the plot, and voila', instanst funeral. Shove a little dirt on top, roll the sod back into place, how green is that? Keeps them out of the wrecking yards, too.

KB3LAZ
08-02-2012, 08:49 AM
I dunno, I think smart cars are smart. Just think, when you crash them, no coffin needed. Just crane them into the plot, and voila', instanst funeral. Shove a little dirt on top, roll the sod back into place, how green is that? Keeps them out of the wrecking yards, too.

No, that takes up space in the ground.

PA5COR
08-02-2012, 09:34 AM
It's mostly aluminium, it will fall apart ;)
See? we think of anything....

kf0rt
08-02-2012, 09:42 AM
Ashes to ashes, rust to rust?

PA5COR
08-02-2012, 12:06 PM
Ayep, more aluminium oxide...

NY3V
08-02-2012, 12:11 PM
Ayep, more aluminium oxide...

Don't forget the Sulphur! :chin:

PA5COR
08-02-2012, 02:55 PM
Sulphur is good there is a market for it somewhere.... let me think about that one....:chin:

w0aew
08-02-2012, 05:04 PM
The driver was almost as big as the car. The cops could've saved some time by just tossing the car into the back of the patrol car and driven directly to the jail.

kb2vxa
08-03-2012, 03:15 PM
"...a red Mustang with a scoop to show everyone what a Jersey Shore, UFC douchebag you are..."

I'm thinking the same thing every time I see it go by the house. HTF did you know?!

"Ashes to ashes, rust to rust?"

It's better to burn out 'cause rust never sleeps
The gas is gone but Mustang Sally's not forgotten
Neil Yuck