PDA

View Full Version : Billionaire Guilty of Preventing Wife's Burial

NY3V
08-01-2012, 09:35 AM

"For more than two months, Hans Kristian Rausing, a son of a billionaire, acted as if everything was fine, even though the corpse of his wife Eva was decomposing in their luxury home in central London.He went about his routines as normal, and when friends or family asked about Eva, he would give vague replies, never suggesting that anything was awry.
But the macabre pretense was dropped on July 9 when London police stopped him for driving erratically and, after finding drugs, searched his home. They found Eva's body in a fly-filled room under a pile of clothing and garbage bags that had been taped together." :twisted:

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20120801/EU.Britain.Eva.Rausing/print/

KB3LAZ
08-01-2012, 09:41 AM
Routines as normal, eh? I sure hope that does not include...

PA5COR
08-01-2012, 10:14 AM
Money makes you eccentric?

KG4CGC
08-01-2012, 10:15 AM
Jebus. I'm not even going to ask.

KB3LAZ
08-01-2012, 10:17 AM
Does this make him lord of the flies or lord of the dead? We know he is into necromancy but do his interests go further. See, you dont even have to ask. ;)

N8YX
08-01-2012, 06:12 PM
Closet necrophiliac?

W3WN
08-01-2012, 07:41 PM
Money makes you eccentric?Yup. If you're poor, you're crazy.

Though that's not quite the way Howard Payne said it in Speed...
Jack (https://forums.hamisland.net/name/nm0000206/): You're crazy! You're f****n' crazy!
Howard Payne (https://forums.hamisland.net/name/nm0000454/): NO! Poor people are crazy, Jack. I'm eccentric.

n2ize
08-02-2012, 10:27 AM
Back in the 1970's not far from where I live in the next town over there was a man who lived alone with his mother in the house he grew up in as a little boy. He served in Korea, had several different skilled jobs but wherever life took him he always came back to that house. He also accumulated a lot of radio equipment (that's how I and a few other radio fanatics in the area came to know him). He has a AM Bcast transmitter in his garage, tons of vintage ham grear that he never used because he never got a license...; go figure. However, he did have a CB license and did operate CB radio.

In any event his Mom died and instead of burying her he actually embalmed her and kept her body in the house where it remained for a year or so. But his mind deteriorated further and his behavior became so erratic that he drew the attention of the local cops who found the embalmed body of his Mom. They called some relatives who intervened and the body was eventually moved from the house and buried. He continued to live in the house on his own but over time his mental condition deteriorated so much that he was going round the neighborhood doing strange things and eventually he had to be moved to the "funny farm". All that radio equipment was auctioned off and what was left over afterwards was scavenged by a few of my fellow radio vultures....

All I can say is that at least he had the skill to embalm the body as opposed to leaving it to rot and draw flies.

K7SGJ
08-02-2012, 11:31 AM
Does this make him lord of the flies or lord of the dead? We know he is into necromancy but do his interests go further. See, you dont even have to ask. ;)

Don't know about all that, be he did stop her coughin.

NY3V
08-02-2012, 11:40 AM
Back in the 1970's not far from where I live in the next town over there was a man who lived alone with his mother in the house he grew up in as a little boy. He served in Korea, had several different skilled jobs but wherever life took him he always came back to that house. He also accumulated a lot of radio equipment (that's how I and a few other radio fanatics in the area came to know him). He has a AM Bcast transmitter in his garage, tons of vintage ham grear that he never used because he never got a license...; go figure. However, he did have a CB license and did operate CB radio.

In any event his Mom died and instead of burying her he actually embalmed her and kept her body in the house where it remained for a year or so. But his mind deteriorated further and his behavior became so erratic that he drew the attention of the local cops who found the embalmed body of his Mom. They called some relatives who intervened and the body was eventually moved from the house and buried. He continued to live in the house on his own but over time his mental condition deteriorated so much that he was going round the neighborhood doing strange things and eventually he had to be moved to the "funny farm". All that radio equipment was auctioned off and what was left over afterwards was scavenged by a few of my fellow radio vultures....

All I can say is that at least he had the skill to embalm the body as opposed to leaving it to rot and draw flies.

“The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four people is suffering from a mental illness. Look at your 3 best friends. If they're ok, then it's you.”
― Rita Mae Brown (https://forums.hamisland.net/author/show/23511.Rita_Mae_Brown)

kb2vxa
08-03-2012, 03:19 PM
"Does this make him lord of the flies or lord of the dead?"

A necromancer is lord of the flies, a neck romancer is lord of the dead.

n2ize
08-03-2012, 08:06 PM
All I can say is anyone who could romance with a dead body is ... not of sound mind. I mean a dead body is inanimate... the essence, soul and spirit of the person is gone, it is just dead flesh, dried blood, and bacteria.. Might as well romance a photograph or a plastic model or department store dummy. Heck, the person lives on in the memory of the living and the contributions they made, not in dead flesh that once was.

K7SGJ
08-03-2012, 08:15 PM
All I can say is anyone who could romance with a dead body is ... not of sound mind. I mean a dead body is inanimate... the essence, soul and spirit of the person is gone, it is just dead flesh, dried blood, and bacteria.. Might as well romance a photograph or a plastic model or department store dummy. Heck, the person lives on in the memory of the living and the contributions they made, not in dead flesh that once was.

Dunno about that. I know a few folks that are alive but act deader than Elvis. Look like it, too.

WØTKX
08-03-2012, 09:54 PM
Romancing Miss Havisham?

K7SGJ
08-03-2012, 09:58 PM
Romancing Miss Havisham?

Yes, the old biddy always did have Great Expectations.

W7XF
08-03-2012, 10:20 PM
....and UT's are standing by.....

kb2vxa
08-04-2012, 07:13 PM
"All I can say is anyone who could romance with a dead body is ... not of sound mind."

I'll agree with that but you didn't understand my play on words, you threw everybody off track. Necromancy is communicating with the dead, necrophilia is having sex with them. Just a bit of literary license like vampires practicing neckrodrania, not neckrofillia. I'd better quit before it gets any worse...

On second thought, it gets worse.

K7SGJ
08-05-2012, 10:58 AM
"All I can say is anyone who could romance with a dead body is ... not of sound mind."

I'll agree with that but you didn't understand my play on words, you threw everybody off track. Necromancy is communicating with the dead, necrophilia is having sex with them. Just a bit of literary license like vampires practicing neckrodrania, not neckrofillia. I'd better quit before it gets any worse...

GET OFF MY LON

n2ize
08-05-2012, 04:11 PM

We need a vampire to step in and give his thoughts on this,.

n2ize
08-05-2012, 04:12 PM
GET OFF MY LON

I told her... Get Off My LOINS

K7SGJ
08-05-2012, 08:18 PM
I told her... Get Off My LOINS

He was the only "Chaney" I ever liked.