PDA

View Full Version : 10 reasons to drop Windows for Mountain Lion

N1LAF
07-30-2012, 10:21 AM
http://a57.foxnews.com/global.fncstatic.com/static/managed/img/Scitech/660/371/Trading%20Mountain%20Lion%20Windows.jpg

I guess you could say I started cheating on Windows back in October of 2010.

That’s when Apple debuted the revamped MacBook Air. For the first time, I could resume working almost as soon as I flipped the lid on a laptop, thanks to the way the notebook leveraged its flash memory. (Intel and Ultrabook makers wouldn’t offer a similar instant-on experience until a year later.)

The Air was a work of art, but it didn’t feel complete until OS X Lion arrived last year. With key time-saving features like Auto Save and Mission Control for faster multitasking, I started leaving behind my Windows notebook more and more. Now that Mountain Lion is here, I may never look back. Here are 10 reasons why you might want to do the same.

10. It’s More Like Windows Than Windows 8
Recently Current Analysis analyst Avi Greengart issued this tweet: “OS X Mountain Lion is a more natural upgrade from Windows 7 than moving to Windows 8.” There’s actually some truth to this comment because Windows 8 represents a radical user interface change for the world’s most popular desktop OS. Mountain Lion may borrow plenty of elements from iOS, from Launchpad to apps like Notes, but it’s still very much a traditional operating system. In Windows 8, the desktop is its own app, which may prove jarring to a lot of users. Mountain Lion could very well be that more familiar alternative.

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2012/07/29/10-reasons-to-drop-windows-for-mountain-lion/?intcmp=features

NQ6U
07-30-2012, 11:03 AM
Nice kitty!

KJ3N
07-30-2012, 05:04 PM
Nice kitty!

That's a 175 lb pussy that will eat YOU!

NQ6U
07-30-2012, 05:14 PM
I don't think the guy who wrote that knows enough about how Macs work as of yet to make a good judgement. For instance, the Mac OS X equivalent of the Windows 8 Desktop is the Finder, which is also an app.