PDA

View Full Version : Surprised I am...........Not

X-Rated
07-28-2012, 08:39 AM
Linkbook (http://mybroadband.co.za/news/business/55991-facebook-value-slides-by-10-billion-outlook-unclear.html)

The 17 percent slide in the shares took Facebook’s market capitalization to $48 billion — half its IPO launch value of $100 billion in May.

The latest slide cost CEO Mark Zuckerberg, the 28-year-old who founded Facebook in his Harvard dorm room, around $2.3 billion, based on his shareholding.

The social network just beat revenue expectations on Thursday in its first quarterly earnings but the company failed to reassure investors about its future prospects.

XYL wanted to invest. I did not.

K7SGJ
07-28-2012, 08:43 AM
Wise move. That one raised Maggie's Drawers for me.

WX7P
07-28-2012, 08:55 AM
Linkbook (http://mybroadband.co.za/news/business/55991-facebook-value-slides-by-10-billion-outlook-unclear.html)

XYL wanted to invest. I did not.

I don't get the whole Facebook thingy.

It seems like the latest shiny toy, kinda like Furbies and Teddy Ruxpin, and will soon be in the dustbin of history.

I did visit Facebook using my daughter's account and saw a TON of people from Fremont, CA, my hometown. Damn, everyone looks OLD!

KB3LAZ
07-28-2012, 08:58 AM
I don't get the whole Facebook thingy.

It seems like the latest shiny toy, kinda like Furbies and Teddy Ruxpin, and will soon be in the dustbin of history.

I did visit Facebook using my daughter's account and saw a TON of people from Fremont, CA, my hometown. Damn, everyone looks OLD!

I dont agree. Myspace and the likes were a phase and I used to think the same about facebook as well. However, things such as Myspace were never as popular. Facebook pulls in many generations rather than two or three. Its use also seems to continue to grow.

Will it phase out and be replaced by something else, likely. It will not, however, be anytime soon.

K7SGJ
07-28-2012, 09:00 AM
I never got in to the "social networking" thing. It just didn't have anything that interested me, plus I don't like giving out personal information. It's bad enough having to do it for online transactions and such, but for the privilege of yakking over the virtual white picket fence, no way.

WØTKX
07-28-2012, 09:02 AM
The IOMH is a social network. :mrgreen:

KB3LAZ
07-28-2012, 09:02 AM
I never got in to the "social networking" thing. It just didn't have anything that interested me, plus I don't like giving out personal information. It's bad enough having to do it for online transactions and such, but for the privilege of yakking over the virtual white picket fence, no way.

I understand and share your sentiment. I do however use facebook but at a much later time than everyone else of my generation seems to have done. I guess one could say, I caved. I have to ask though, what personal information? They have my name, that is all. Hell, more than that is posted on the zed lookup.

K7SGJ
07-28-2012, 09:05 AM

Ha ha ha ha ha ha, SOCIAL? HA ha ha ha ha.

X-Rated
07-28-2012, 09:29 AM

Don't be silly. SGJ has it right. We are here because we are not social.

Social networks have "LIKE " buttons. When people don't press your "LIKE" button you get depressed and go out and buy guns and stuff.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/399509_10151119698056138_887517333_n.jpg

That can't be a puppy. It's too small to be a puppy.

Now that's living.