PDA

View Full Version : Pandora Coupon?

W4GPL
07-26-2012, 02:58 PM
I've been a Pandora 'premium' user for almost 2 years.. happily so. My membership expired yesterday, and I'm twitchy.

First of all, there are other very competitive services like Spotify and Rdio.com.. Secondly, I'm relatively convinced Pandora needs me more than I need them... so I'm expecting the 'we miss you coupon' soon. Any personal insights into this?

And yes.. yes.. I am a cheap bastard.

WØTKX
07-26-2012, 03:21 PM
Try the other ones, and see what you think. I've become a fan of Zune with the new phone. $10 a month and I can download anything they have. The "recommended" from my play lists have been quite good so far. The PC based Zune App is OK, certainly like it better than iTunes. Never "did" Pandora. I did the RealPlayer subscription a few years ago, for a long time. I like the Jukebox idea.

Spotify has been good for finding music from other countries. I just use the free version.

If I buy music, I get it from Amazon most of the time.

KC2UGV
07-26-2012, 07:34 PM
I still use Pandora, just don't pay for it. It's a decent service, but I don't see it being worthwhile to pay for (Myself). I personally tried Spotify, but it turned me off with "You've got to pay to use it on Android".

Now, I just use Google Music. It syncs all of my music from my media machine to the cloud, and I can listen on any device.

W4GPL
07-26-2012, 07:37 PM
Yeah, I'm simply never ever going to use Zune. :)

WØTKX
07-26-2012, 07:40 PM
Of course not. Evil Empire and all that. :lol:

kf0rt
07-26-2012, 08:48 PM
Use Pandora a lot here (subscribe to it).

I've had a Rhapsody subscription for years; never used it much and am now in a "subscription dropped" mode because Discover changed my account number. Cheap bastid here, too.

Rhapsody is a pretty cool service because it gives you random access to albums and tracks -- make your own playlist. Search for anything you want and play it. About $40 for 3 months as I recall.

Pandora is working better for my meager needs.

N2CHX
07-26-2012, 10:16 PM
I have Pandora. I've paid for it twice. I went unpaid for about 8 months until last November. Never got any coupon offers (unlike eMusic, which still sends me offers over a year after I stopped paying for them!).

I get my money's worth, because I stream it while driving, in headphones while going to sleep, and for a good part of my workday.

KB3LAZ
07-27-2012, 06:30 AM
I use the radio... :P

W4GPL
07-27-2012, 06:59 AM
I have Pandora. I've paid for it twice. I went unpaid for about 8 months until last November. Never got any coupon offers (unlike eMusic, which still sends me offers over a year after I stopped paying for them!).

I get my money's worth, because I stream it while driving, in headphones while going to sleep, and for a good part of my workday.Yeah.. this is the answer I was looking for, thanks! :) I use Pandora a lot.. in the car, at home, at the office.. it's worth it, I just wanted to know if they offer discounts like Netflix does.. You can get 1 month free for every 2 months you're with Netflix (I've discovered).

K7SGJ
07-27-2012, 09:10 AM
I don't know, I've always heard bad things about Pandora's box.

X-Rated
07-27-2012, 09:35 AM
I use the radio... :P

What's that?

KB3LAZ
07-27-2012, 02:17 PM
What's that?

This funny little thing that sits on my desk with knobs. There is also one that sits on the floor..er..rather takes up a lot of space.

TESLA
08-18-2012, 09:46 PM
You can have my PANDORA when you pry it from my cold dead hands!