PDA

View Full Version : Not so much a "gear" homebrew/mod project...

N8YX
07-14-2012, 03:11 PM
...as a motorcycle mobile conversion effort.

I'm elbows deep into yet another 2-wheeler project that involves fitment of (among other things) an FTM-10SR dualbander, a JMCB2003 CB and their accompanying antenna/control circuitry.

The -10SR has provisions for remote tuning and a "Program" key along with PTT from an accessory microphone. This functionality will be incorporated into the bike's control mounts via some neato switch housings from Highway Dirt Bikes.

First off will come a description and photos of the so-called Six-Hour Bracket - which is used to mount the Yaesu transceiver and the bike's accessory Fuze Block device. That is, when the paint dries.

Back to wrenching for a bit until the forecasted rain arrives.

KA9MOT
08-15-2012, 11:36 PM
This sounds very interesting. How did it all come out? I installed an Icom IC-2000H on my GoldWing back when I was a new Ham and still able to ride. I rigged up a PTT switch on my left handlebar right next to the grip and tied it all into my helmet mic and speaker. Worked great until it got rained on when the bike was parked.

N8YX
08-16-2012, 09:49 AM
Worked out good thus far. I have pix to post but have been so busy wrenching on the bike in question and a couple others that it keeps slipping my mind. Schematics of the interface to follow as well.