PDA

View Full Version : Are you ready for some dumbaaaaaass!

N7YA
07-13-2012, 06:04 AM
Yep....Hank Williams Jr. trying to go the Nugent route. Enjoy a chuckle or two.

http://www.examiner.com/article/hank-williams-jr-president-obama-hates-america-does-a-call-to-the-koran

PA5COR
07-13-2012, 06:06 AM
Loved the first comment on that:
Maybe he "fell out of the spotlight" for good reason. Like... no real talent? Riding on the name of his more-talented father? Being a whiskey-gargling horse's ass?
;)

N7YA
07-13-2012, 06:09 AM
His son decided to not go the country route and became a punk rock bassist. And Hank Sr was WAY cooler than this fat yokel. Just look up all the trouble this asshole has caused in his life and he cant talk shit about anyone...ever! He is literally a stupid, stupid man.

NQ6U
07-13-2012, 07:25 AM
His son decided to not go the country route and became a punk rock bassist. And Hank Sr was WAY cooler than this fat yokel. Just look up all the trouble this asshole has caused in his life and he cant talk shit about anyone...ever! He is literally a stupid, stupid man.

Agreed. Shelton Hank Williams, who uses the stage name Hank Williams III, has way more talent that his "whiskey-gargling horse's ass" (thanks, Cor!) of a father. I never did like that stupid fuck.

KC2UGV
07-13-2012, 07:31 AM
"You know, we've got a President that does a call to the Koran or Mecca or whatever. That's what I meant. That's exactly what I meant. I won't be changing my name to whatever. That's exactly what I meant"

Idiot. The Koran is a book. Mecca is a place. And who the fuck is asking you to change your name?

Idiot.

N8YX
07-13-2012, 07:34 AM
All my rowdy friends here need to settle down. I almost got runned over by a damned ol' train on the day my mama got out of prison. :shock:

NQ6U
07-13-2012, 07:38 AM
All my rowdy friends here need to settle down. I almost got runned over by a damned ol' train on the day my mama got out of prison. :shock:

Two different songs by two different authors. First was by Bocephus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hank_Williams,_Jr.) himself, the second was by the late, great Steve Goodman (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Goodman).

N8YX
07-13-2012, 08:07 AM
Two different songs by two different authors. First was by Bocephus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hank_Williams,_Jr.) himself, the second was by the late, great Steve Goodman (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Goodman).
Interesting. Jukebox in the bar/bowling alley I used to patronize and help out in had "You Never Even Called Me..." titled as a Hank Williams Jr. tune.

N7YA
07-13-2012, 08:42 AM
Who would call that fat dumb bastard? Even Fox dumped him....FOX!!

kb2vxa
07-13-2012, 10:13 AM
His tiny feet couldn't fill his father's shoes so now he's gone from fallen star to attention hwar... har har har. Just goes to show Cat Scratch Fever is contagious.

n2ize
07-13-2012, 10:32 AM
Nothing to get worked up over. It's just another jackass being used by Foxy News to promote more stupid in America. In the end the stupid will destroy the country. Imbeciles like this are merely accelerating the process.

N8GAV
07-13-2012, 11:17 AM
Interesting. Jukebox in the bar/bowling alley I used to patronize and help out in had "You Never Even Called Me..." titled as a Hank Williams Jr. tune.

Nope Fred, David Allen Coe did that one. He also did "The Ride" a song about hich hiking and being picked up by the ghost of Hank Williams Sr in a "Antique Cadillac".

N8YX
07-13-2012, 09:12 PM
Nope Fred, David Allen Coe did that one. He also did "The Ride" a song about hich hiking and being picked up by the ghost of Hank Williams Sr in a "Antique Cadillac".
The label on the juke was Ol' Hank, and appeared to be printed by the vendor. It sticks in my mind because all the friggin' drunks played that song incessantly...until it was mysteriously disappeared. :whistle:

ki4itv
07-13-2012, 09:15 PM
He's further proof that true talent often skips a generation.

ki4itv
07-13-2012, 09:16 PM

Dayamn man, +10

A lot of musicians did cover Mr. Coe's songs because he was an outlaw and never really fit in with country music during its heyday. He was a rough guy, a true roadhouse guy.
I do know John Prine covered the "You never even called me by my name" and made it a very big hit.

N8YX
07-13-2012, 09:28 PM
The only thing of Coe worth listening to is his "Little Brother Trucker" effort.

Well, almost.

This most assuredly ain't safe for work:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHr-GiZ9msg

ki4itv
07-13-2012, 09:35 PM
The only thing of Coe worth listening to is his "Little Brother Trucker" effort.

Well, almost.

I take exception to that. The man has lot's of stuff out there, most of it on underground labels. You'll never even hear most of it.

N8YX
07-13-2012, 10:04 PM
I take exception to that. The man has lot's of stuff out there, most of it on underground labels. You'll never even hear most of it.

I have a fairly decent collection of Coe's "underground" material, and often remark to 'DSG that it's the only country music I can tolerate.

NQ6U
07-14-2012, 10:53 AM
Coe has a large number of really, really NSFW songs that he wrote for friends (mostly other musicians) over the years. He never intended them for publication but was finally persuaded to released them on two discs, Nothing Sacred and Underground Album, both of which are guaranteed to offend you or someone you know.

kb2vxa
07-14-2012, 03:43 PM
"Coe has a large number of really, really NSFW songs..."
I've heard them and those of his Australian counterpart Kevin "Bloody" Wilson, my ears turned blue to match my eyes.

"The label on the juke was Ol' Hank, and appeared to be printed by the vendor."
Actually Shelton Hank Williams aka Hank Williams III.

"I do know John Prine covered the "You never even called me by my name" and made it a very big hit."
Nope, that was Steve Goodman.

Then there was the Doug Supernaw cover featuring David Allan Coe, Waylon Jennings, Merle Haggard and Charley Pride as guest vocalists all of whom are mentioned in the original song's second verse.

All my exes live in Texas
I still live in New Jersey
They all moved way down in Texas
Just to get the hell away from me
YEE-HAW!

Now what would a C&W song be without at least one Rebel Yell? Yeah I know, Australian.

Oh dear, almost forgot to warn you Shirley the lot lizard escaped and is licking up everything on wheels in North Carolina!

NQ6U
07-14-2012, 03:49 PM
"I do know John Prine covered the "You never even called me by my name" and made it a very big hit."
Nope, that was Steve Goodman.

Nope. Steve Goodman wrote the song, David Allen Coe made a C&W hit of it. I don't think John Prine has covered it—he mostly sings his own songs.

ki4itv
07-14-2012, 04:09 PM
Not a nope. It's a halfway for both of us.
John and Steve Co-wrote the song, David covered it.
sometimes this music stuff is slippery, Hell we may not have even got it right yet :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ap-GLcEixs

on edit:
Well, it get's even dicier...

[4] Goodman then proceeded to add the final verse, incorporating all five of Coe's requirements but completely unrelated to the rest of the song (the first line of the verse, for instance, is "I was drunk the day my mom got out of prison"), whereupon Coe agreed that now it was "the perfect country-and-western song."[2]
refererence madness (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/You_Never_Even_Called_Me_by_My_Name)

kb2vxa
07-14-2012, 04:38 PM
OK here's the real deal. The song never appeared on any of John's albums, Steve recorded it so besides David it was later his hit as well. That's John alright in the video but the sound wash from an audience mic and jiggly camera are the giveaway, it's a bootleg.

ki4itv
07-14-2012, 04:46 PM
OK here's the real deal. The song never appeared on any of John's albums, Steve recorded it so besides David it was later his hit as well. That's John alright in the video but the sound wash from an audience mic and jiggly camera are the giveaway, it's a bootleg.

I added an edit with some more details that would explain a lot of the confusion, If you feel like clicking the link at the bottom of my last comment.

kb2vxa
07-15-2012, 07:28 PM
Oh I'm not confused, I spent more than an hour researching all of them including the Hanks. Then I came to the Wilson Conclusion... DILLIGAF? (;->)

ki4itv
07-15-2012, 09:04 PM
I was talking about my confusion Warren. :shhh:

KA9MOT
07-16-2012, 09:56 AM

David Allen Coe.

http://youtu.be/jkKn5HrKgHQ

KA9MOT
07-16-2012, 09:56 AM
I have been a huge fan of Hank Jr.'s music most of my life. His politics obviously are misconceived... Jeez, what a moron! Can we get back to Family Tradition now?

http://youtu.be/IHjaW9sXl7s

n2ize
07-16-2012, 04:40 PM
Dayamn man, +10

A lot of musicians did cover Mr. Coe's songs because he was an outlaw and never really fit in with country music during its heyday. He was a rough guy, a true roadhouse guy.he
I do know John Prine covered the "You never even called me by my name" and made it a very big hit.
These are the kinds of artists that I like. Guys that are outlaws and rough around the edges. Reminds me of some of the Hells Angels guys from down on 4th Street NYC. Several were composers, musicians, painters, poets, and fine artists buy they were often shunned and stereotyped because of who they were. A few of these guys would kick your ass from curb to curb if you looked at them the wrong way. But when you showed them respect and treated them with dignity instead of stereotypes they were some of the most down to earth and sincere people alive. My love of poetry stemmed from the knowledge I gained from one such individual.

N8YX
07-17-2012, 06:35 AM
David Allen Coe.

Sorry, but the juke I have in mind had that song listed as a Hank Williams track. It's one of those things which sticks in your mind..because about half an hour before closing time, all the drunks would queue it up and the tune would play until we had to run 'em off for the night.

A good many music aficionados were PO'ed when that track and a couple other roadhouse-type classics were replaced with bubblegum pop crap - but when you're leasing the box, that's the way it goes.

We did have a few assorted Coe and Williams Jr songs on the thing. So how did a "factory" label contain such a glaring error?

kb2vxa
07-17-2012, 10:43 AM
Shit happens, I don't know who prints juke box labels but it appears someone confused H. W. Jr. with the actual artist appearing on the record label, H. W. III. Having worked for a major Rowe/EMI distributor I've seen plenty of 45s come and go but never saw the box labels. With that I can tell you the boxes aren't leased from the distributor, for use of the "location" the take is split 50/50 with the owner of the establishment, standard Mafia deal. To maximize profits naturally the music is geared to the tastes of the patrons.

Oh, around that time The Omen came out and I couldn't help noticing the EMI connection...

You always keep me guessin', I never seem to know what you are thinkin'.
And if an employee looks at you, it's for sure your little eye will be a-winkin'.
I get confused, 'cause I don't know where I stand,
And then you smile, and put a check in my hand.
This job is kinda crazy with a spooky little boss like you.
Spooky!