PDA

View Full Version : Seriously.

KB3LAZ
07-13-2012, 04:20 AM
This is silly and lazy. This guy could not even be bothered with cleaning his rig from time to time let alone before taking pics and posting it for sale? Talk about a way to lower the price...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TenTec-Omni-VII-with-accessories-/251106483538?pt=US_Ham_Radio_Transceivers&hash=item3a771cdd52#ht_500wt_1413

PA5COR
07-13-2012, 06:03 AM
And expecting gold for it in return is my guess....:snooty:

N8YX
07-13-2012, 06:29 AM
And people will gladly bid on it.

W3WN
07-13-2012, 08:24 AM
He couldn't afford a dust cloth? Really?

Love his reflection in the first picture, as well. At least he was wearing clothes...

K7SGJ
07-13-2012, 08:29 AM
Could probably save a few $$ on shipping by knocking the extra crud off.

wa6mhz
07-13-2012, 08:36 AM
Probably encased in Sticky Yeechy SMOKE too. That dial looks brownish like it has had smoke blown on it for years and years

kb2vxa
07-13-2012, 08:40 AM
No, shipping is extra. Meat is injected with water for weight so what's the difference? Oh but it does raise the question; what sort of bugs are hiding in those headphones? Don't get too close to the mic either and whatever you do DON'T open the rig without a can of spray in the other hand!

w0aew
07-13-2012, 08:50 AM
Selling a new rig? Rent must be due.

n2ize
07-13-2012, 11:21 AM
No, shipping is extra. Meat is injected with water for weight so what's the difference? Oh but it does raise the question; what sort of bugs are hiding in those headphones? Don't get too close to the mic either and whatever you do DON'T open the rig without a can of spray in the other hand!

I remember a friend of mine brought an old computer here that he found in a basement so I could test it out and see if it still worked, what kinds/size of drive it had inside etc. No sooner did I plug it in and turn it on and got a real surprise... Roaches started crawling out of every opening in the case. I mean these damned things flew out of the case and went racing all over the place. And, it's very hard to catch and kill them because anyone who's dealt with roaches knows they are expert at quickly finding crevices where you can't reach them. I would say at least a dozen roaches came out of that case. Luckily they didn't breed and I never got a roach infestation,,

KB3LAZ
07-13-2012, 11:58 AM
Probably encased in Sticky Yeechy SMOKE too. That dial looks brownish like it has had smoke blown on it for years and years

I smoke and NONE of my radios look like that. Then again, I keep them clean and I cover them. I also have an exhaust fan in the window for when I smoke. I know I know, it will still smell like smoke.

W7XF
07-14-2012, 12:54 AM
Tobacco = YUKKY

KA9MOT
07-14-2012, 03:11 AM
I smoke too.... Outside, regardless of weather.... Having to go outside is better for our home, my son and I smoke very little when it is too hot of too cold. It's a win, win.

n2ize
07-14-2012, 09:23 AM
Couldn't he show a better picture of the front panel of the radio ? Whenever I see pictures like that I wonder if the seller isn't trying to hide something.

kb2vxa
07-14-2012, 12:41 PM
Yeah, he's hiding a radio under a layer of crud. Roach poop looks like fly specks so beware of little black dots. Oh the TV shop, almost forgot how when sets came in from known infestations they got fumigated on the truck. Once we missed one and the bench looked like Picket's Charge but we quickly turned it into the Charge of the Light Brigade... ours is not to wonder why, ours is but to do and die.

KG4CGC
07-14-2012, 12:50 PM
Doesn't look like a working rig.

KB3LAZ
07-14-2012, 01:03 PM
There is a nice looking older Jupiter on ebay atm, so far it is under 600$. That is the third one I have seen sell this month for under 700$, provided it does not jump in price. Often times I see the older green screens for sale on QTH for around 900$. For 600-700$ I may pick one up just for the hell of it when I am ready to either assemble a shack over here or am back in the states. I just dont see a down side to picking up a rig such as the Jupiter for such a cost. Even with international shipping (provided I can find one that fits that bill) it would be a deal.

One thing is for sure, that is a hell of a lot cheaper than the blue screen models are going for.

W7XF
07-15-2012, 01:50 AM
What 5 minutes with a paper towel and some Simple Green would do... :chin:

KB3LAZ
07-19-2012, 01:53 PM
There is a nice looking older Jupiter on ebay atm, so far it is under 600$. That is the third one I have seen sell this month for under 700$, provided it does not jump in price. Often times I see the older green screens for sale on QTH for around 900$. For 600-700$ I may pick one up just for the hell of it when I am ready to either assemble a shack over here or am back in the states. I just dont see a down side to picking up a rig such as the Jupiter for such a cost. Even with international shipping (provided I can find one that fits that bill) it would be a deal.

One thing is for sure, that is a hell of a lot cheaper than the blue screen models are going for.

Yet another one that looks like it will be selling under 700$. On QTH they seem to range from 750-900$. Ebay is almost always under 700$. Again, for the green screen. The blue screen seems to fetch about 1100ish.

There is an Omni VI+ on there too but the tinny little thumbnail single image is something that may scare people away, would me anyway. There was a Loaded Opt 3 that sold a few weeks back for 800$. Butt loads of pictures and the guys add was very extensive and detailed. I wish I could remember his call. It was a 9 call...Looked him up at that time and he had a few sales on QTH with good feedback. I just cant bring myself to buy something and throw it on ice for a year without a means to test it. So for now it is window shopping.