PDA

View Full Version : You APRS Guru's HELP !!!

NA4BH
07-05-2012, 06:52 PM
Is there any way to block messages from a single station? I have the Kenwood TM-D700, it is fixed (not mobile) and is not hooked up to anything. Problem is there is a local station that puts out every G.D. message that NWS puts out. I guess he thinks he is doing a service, which he is..... Pissing me off. Dude, I already get the NWS messages I don't need them from you too. He can clog up the message list in a heartbeat.

Any help is appreciated.

Where's the Tylenol

KA9MOT
07-05-2012, 11:56 PM
I recommend a phone call. There is no way to block it on the TM-D700 that I am aware of.

NA4BH
07-06-2012, 12:07 AM
I was hoping different, but expected that answer. The guy is an alright guy, but when I'm getting the same information from the NWS I don't want to see it repeated twice so you can make yourself look important.

It did make me come up with a description as to how it makes me feel (this might already be out there, so due apologies if I'm stepping on toes)

MODE RAGE

If that hasn't been used, use it. Remember where it came from.

NQ6U
07-06-2012, 12:17 AM
Sounds like a perfect time to use that possumite you used to advertise on your sig line.

NA4BH
07-06-2012, 12:22 AM
Did not think of Possumite. Thanks.

N8YX
07-06-2012, 07:09 AM
Does the NWS explicitly convey to anyone - amateur operators included - the right to freely rebroadcast their material?

If not, and if all else fails...might attack the problem from that angle.

KC2UGV
07-06-2012, 07:11 AM
Does the NWS explicitly convey to anyone - amateur operators included - the right to freely rebroadcast their material?

If not, and if all else fails...might attack the problem from that angle.

Anything produced by the federal government during the course of official business is automatically granted to the public domain.

K7SGJ
07-06-2012, 08:21 AM
Anything produced by the federal government during the course of official business is automatically granted to the public domain.

Except currency, but then, it's not worth shit any more anyway.

KC2UGV
07-06-2012, 08:33 AM
Except currency, but then, it's not worth shit any more anyway.

Our currency is currently worth more than the euro and yen. We've actually been getting stronger there as of the past few weeks.

NQ6U
07-06-2012, 09:40 AM
Our currency is currently worth more than the euro and yen. We've actually been getting stronger there as of the past few weeks.

€1 = $1.231

So, the Euro is still higher than the dollar, although not by as much as it once was.

KG4NEL
07-06-2012, 06:32 PM

There's a crapton of unofficial business going on out there, then.

KC2UGV
07-06-2012, 08:10 PM
There's a crapton of unofficial business going on out there, then.

If it's released in any fashion, it's public domain. It's why anyone can copy and sell court transcripts, why weather stations can use the NOAA forecasts and radar images, etc etc. It's all public domain.