PDA

View Full Version : Dont see these come up for sale often.

KB3LAZ
07-04-2012, 09:45 AM
http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php?352622-Tentec-526-6n2-meter-all-mode

In fact it is the first time I have actually seen one that is for sale. I have seen them before but never for sale.

W3WN
07-05-2012, 07:38 AM
They were never a big seller for Ten-Tec. IIRC, when the FCC changed dropped of Element 1 testing, the demand for the radios dried up & Ten-Tec then discontinued the radio.

Also, I believe that there is a mod to improve the receiver sensitivity.

Anyway, that's a good price on the rig. Apples to oranges that it may already be spoken for.

KB3LAZ
07-05-2012, 07:41 AM
They were never a big seller for Ten-Tec. IIRC, when the FCC changed dropped of Element 1 testing, the demand for the radios dried up & Ten-Tec then discontinued the radio.

Also, I believe that there is a mod to improve the receiver sensitivity.

Anyway, that's a good price on the rig. Apples to oranges that it may already be spoken for.

Id like to see TT come out with a VHF/UHF base rig. Id also like the idea of them putting out a mobile.

W3WN
07-05-2012, 10:20 AM
Id like to see TT come out with a VHF/UHF base rig. Id also like the idea of them putting out a mobile.So would I, but they have to determine that there's enough of a market for one. The 6N2 proved that there was... for awhile at least.

And they now have a mobile rig. That's one of the reasons they came out with the Eagle.

KB3LAZ
07-05-2012, 11:56 AM
So would I, but they have to determine that there's enough of a market for one. The 6N2 proved that there was... for awhile at least.

And they now have a mobile rig. That's one of the reasons they came out with the Eagle.

Eh...I wouldnt use it as a mobile. I drive a compact car much of the time.