PDA

View Full Version : W3DUB discusses Google glasses on Aljazeera

N1LAF
06-30-2012, 06:56 AM
Like we need more distracted walkers and drivers. Ed points this out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoDkDHraXAE

kb2vxa
06-30-2012, 12:29 PM
Safe bet when state legislators catch on it'll be outlawed while driving. Firefox is a web browser, not a Russian jet fighter and driving a car is a far cry from military training but we'll have fun watching the half blind crashing into things. Even funnier while walking into telephone poles, bouncing off walls and the occasional bus.

NQ6U
06-30-2012, 12:52 PM
Safe bet when state legislators catch on it'll be outlawed while driving. Firefox is a web browser, not a Russian jet fighter and driving a car is a far cry from military training but we'll have fun watching the half blind crashing into things. Even funnier while walking into telephone poles, bouncing off walls and the occasional bus.

Since it will be mostly young people who have yet to reproduce getting themselves wiped out doing this, it will be a perfect example of Darwinian natural selection at work.

X-Rated
07-02-2012, 05:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xOh1TRGNjw

W3DUBstep.

VE7DCW
07-07-2012, 08:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xOh1TRGNjw

W3DUBstep.

Yeah ........ this video does remind me of Ed ....... he could'nt take criticism very well at all! :dunno:

n2ize
07-08-2012, 11:23 AM
Safe bet when state legislators catch on it'll be outlawed while driving. .
But, how would the cops know ? I am pretty sure these can be disguised to look like normal eyeglasses which many people wear while driving. Unless they stop everyone with glasses and check to make sure they are not "Google Goggles" it might be pretty hard to crack down on this shit.

Also, I think it is cool tech and innovation but, at the same time, how much technology do we need in front of us 24/7 ? Personally I like to get out from behind the computer and take a walk, enjoy the seashore or the sunset without some technology constantly beckoning for my continual attention. I enjoy having at least a good part of my day technology free. I doubt I would want a pair of eyeglasses continually obscuring my view of true reality with virtual reality. True reality is far more interesting.

Now watch, I'll be the first on my block to get a pair. :lol::lol:

n2ize
07-08-2012, 11:34 AM
Speaking of accidents there is a lot of activity on my local highway patrol frequency right now. Sounds like a bad one. A couple people are going to be taking an unexpected helicopter ride in a few moments. Sounds like some bad shit. :(

kb2vxa
07-08-2012, 06:45 PM
Safe bet when state legislators catch on it'll be outlawed while driving.
But, how would the cops know?

The signs of distracted driving are obvious, all you need to do is sit on the front porch here any weekend in summer. I guarantee within half an hour you'll be expert spotter, if it takes an hour you're stupid and any longer than that you're blind. Anyway, since when has logical argument stopped any legislative body from passing any law no matter how unenforceable or just plain stupid?

"Since it will be mostly young people who have yet to reproduce getting themselves wiped out doing this, it will be a perfect example of Darwinian natural selection at work."
Chlorine in the gene pool never hurt BUT just because they're young doesn't mean they haven't reproduced.

"Now watch, I'll be the first on my block to get a pair."
Just to bring you up to speed, it's a monocle. <raspberries>