w2amr
06-29-2012, 05:44 AM
http://freetime.hollandvtc.org/texting-at-the-mall-tragic/

W4GPL
06-29-2012, 05:47 AM
Ugh! That's painful.

K7SGJ
06-29-2012, 05:55 AM
Another reason I wish cell phones had never been invented. They still should have a low speed motion sensing lockout circuit. That way, the phone cant't be used while mobile. I can't believe there are that many justifiable reasons to use a cell phone while mobile, or any reason to text.

W5IEI
06-29-2012, 06:07 AM
I'm not sure what my next move would be after throwing up !!!!

WØTKX
06-29-2012, 06:12 AM
The impact shows a large amount of force... let alone the texting, how fast was she going in a freaking parking lot?

K7SGJ
06-29-2012, 06:16 AM
Have you tried crossing the driveway from the parking area to the store area in a mall lately? I'd almost rather take my chances crossing a freway at rush hour.

N7YA
06-29-2012, 07:01 AM
Agreed! Parking lots are goddamned free-for-alls! This is absolutely disgusting and painful to look at...those care were beautiful.

Dumb fucking bitch! I seriously have had enough of the texting-while-driving idiots...its rampant here. Its law everywhere, and the first 'vehicular manslaughter while texting' sentence has just been handed down a few weeks ago...but yet it continues. I just saw it today while going to work...oh, and i also saw some asshole in his little sports car throw garbage out the window, i could have beat the fucking stew out of that jackass!

I swear, i hate this place, nothing but self centered, self absorbed spoiled brats passing as adults...walmart everywhere i look.. These people are bastard coated bastards with bastard filling.

Ok, im done...fuck that lady, i want to drive a tow truck through her livingroom...ok, im really done now.

kf0rt
06-29-2012, 07:03 AM
These people are bastard coated bastards with bastard filling.

Saved. :yes:

WØTKX
06-29-2012, 07:28 AM
I'd like to add asswipes who flick lit ciggie butts out the window.

PA5COR
06-29-2012, 07:34 AM
My mobile phone pre paid comes to 10 euro a year, never used driving, don't text, in the car used for navigation with the phone OFF.
Dumb bitch...

N7YA
06-29-2012, 07:48 AM
Absolutely! If i get a call or text while im on the road, it will just have to wait until i get where im going...or i have my earbud in. My life and the lives of others, not to mention the safe operation of my vehicle while in motion, tends to be paramount to me. I know, i know, im crazy, but thats how i roll.

N8YX
06-29-2012, 08:02 AM
Especially in fire-prone areas such as yours. Jail is too good for them - they should shoulder more of the area's firefighting costs in the form of hefty fines if they're caught.

N8YX
06-29-2012, 08:04 AM
Absolutely! If i get a call or text while im on the road, it will just have to wait until i get where im going...or i have my earbud in. My life and the lives of others, not to mention the safe operation of my vehicle while in motion, tends to be paramount to me. I know, i know, im crazy, but thats how i roll.
Mine is zipped up in my jacket if I'm riding my bike or in a briefcase/carrier if I take the car. If it's so darned important, leave a callback number and I'll return the call or text when safe to do so.

K7SGJ
06-29-2012, 08:16 AM
Especially in fire-prone areas such as yours. Jail is too good for them - they should shoulder more of the area's firefighting costs in the form of hefty fines if they're caught.

I doubt most of these maroons could pay a fine. They could, however, take their rightful place on the fire-line. A couple hundred yards in front of the firefighters.

kf0rt
06-29-2012, 09:07 AM
I doubt most of these maroons could pay a fine. They could, however, take their rightful place on the fire-line. A couple hundred yards in front of the firefighters.

Baked bastard a la mode?

K7SGJ
06-29-2012, 09:12 AM
Baked BASTID a la mode.

KB3LAZ
06-29-2012, 09:14 AM
Those photos made me ill.

NA4BH
06-29-2012, 10:20 AM
Did she survive the ass beating after the wreck? Fsckin Bitch.

K7SGJ
06-29-2012, 11:08 AM
This one didn't do quite as mauch damage, at leat to the other vehicle. Could maybe still sell the tail lights.

W3WN
06-29-2012, 11:52 AM
< snip >
I swear, i hate this place, nothing but self centered, self absorbed spoiled brats passing as adults...walmart everywhere i look.. These people are bastard coated bastards with bastard filling.
< snip >You don't know the half of it.

A couple of months ago, I was bumped into by some a$$wipe BACKING UP in a Lowe's parking lot, while using a cell phone. Fortunately, I saw him in time to just get grazed, no damage (just got knocked flat on my ass) but he did impact my lumber cart. Scared the hell out of me. Left a mark on his car.

And here's a twist for you...

A few weeks back, I'm on my way home from work. Crossed at the light at Liberty & 7th; 7th comes in at a 45 degree angle, so it's marked No Right Turn. Jacka$$ proceeds to make a right turn, right into a crosswalk with me and several other people. He had to stop, obviously, and I yelled at him that he was making an illegal right turn.

And he has the nerve to yell at ME to get out of his way and pay the f attention to traffic, instead of talking on my cell phone. I had a few choice words for him; but I didn't have to say them. The city cop who came up behind him with the flashing red & blue lights did all the talking for me.

n2ize
06-29-2012, 11:56 AM
Sad. Two nice vintage cars wrecked by a fool who can't put the phone down. The most sickening part is that there is probably nothing that important going on in this airhead's life to warrant the need for her texting at all, let alone while driving.

I guess they all figure, "it will never happen to me".

w2amr
06-29-2012, 12:12 PM
Agreed! Parking lots are goddamned free-for-alls! This is absolutely disgusting and painful to look at...those care were beautiful.

Dumb fucking bitch! I seriously have had enough of the texting-while-driving idiots...its rampant here. Its law everywhere, and the first 'vehicular manslaughter while texting' sentence has just been handed down a few weeks ago...but yet it continues. I just saw it today while going to work...oh, and i also saw some asshole in his little sports car throw garbage out the window, i could have beat the fucking stew out of that jackass!

Ok, im done...fuck that lady, i want to drive a tow truck through her livingroom...ok, im really done now.
I'm not a fan of capital punishment. but in this case I'm willing to make an exception.

N8YX
06-29-2012, 12:55 PM
I'm not a fan of capital punishment. but in this case I'm willing to make an exception.
Put her in the stocks, bare assed and all. Each owner of the car gets to inflict 25 lashes, or 15 hits with the cane. Then she pays them restitution...out of her own pocket, not her insurance company's.

KG4CGC
06-29-2012, 01:01 PM
Last Sunday, while out riding, I saw a guy on a Harley texting ... while rolling. I've seen dumbasses talking on the phone while riding in traffic. I'm assuming they were rolling in neutral but still, what if some other other dumbass forces you into an evasive maneuver and you have that phone in your hand? I guess you better be willing to drop that phone and THAT'S assuming you were even paying attention to begin with. I mean to this day, IN THIS DAY, it is hard to believe that there are still some people who won't pull off the road and do their business.

Parking lots. Please don't get me started there. Yesterday there was a "World Ethnicity Fair" at the mall/school where the tobacconist is located. Want me to breakdown the behavior in the parking lot with phones and cars and by pedestrians by ethnicity? It seems some groups are more aware of their surroundings while other believe that they ARE the surroundings. If it wasn't so clearly noticeable I wouldn't even mention it. Let me just say that the Saudis were the most polite.

N8YX
06-29-2012, 01:05 PM
I was almost hit on the bike today - twice - by assholes with cell phones. And these goobers wonder why I run 200w worth of lighting in the daytime.

w2amr
06-29-2012, 02:23 PM
Last Sunday, while out riding, I saw a guy on a Harley texting ... while rolling. I've seen dumbasses talking on the phone while riding in traffic. I'm assuming they were rolling in neutral but still, what if some other other dumbass forces you into an evasive maneuver and you have that phone in your hand? I guess you better be willing to drop that phone and THAT'S assuming you were even paying attention to begin with. I mean to this day, IN THIS DAY, it is hard to believe that there are still some people who won't pull off the road and do their business.

Parking lots. Please don't get me started there. Yesterday there was a "World Ethnicity Fair" at the mall/school where the tobacconist is located. Want me to breakdown the behavior in the parking lot with phones and cars and by pedestrians by ethnicity? It seems some groups are more aware of their surroundings while other believe that they ARE the surroundings. If it wasn't so clearly noticeable I wouldn't even mention it. Let me just say that the Saudis were the most polite. Last week I watched a teenage year old girl texting while on a skateboard, going through a stop sign at the intersection by our house. Never even looked. She will be all ready to kill somebody with a car in a few years.

w2amr
06-29-2012, 02:30 PM
Wonder why the airbag didn't deploy?:chin:
http://freetime.hollandvtc.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/texting03.png

N7YA
06-29-2012, 04:35 PM
And he has the nerve to yell at ME to get out of his way and pay the f attention to traffic, instead of talking on my cell phone. I had a few choice words for him; but I didn't have to say them. The city cop who came up behind him with the flashing red & blue lights did all the talking for me.

Thats great! I love when a cop see an asshole, being an asshole and making an asshole move....then pulls the asshole over. Love it! :lol:

N7YA
06-29-2012, 04:39 PM
Last week I watched a teenage year old girl texting while on a skateboard, going through a stop sign at the intersection by our house. Never even looked. She will be all ready to kill somebody with a car in a few years.

Nope...more likely her parents will get a phone call to come down for identification, sorry to say. She wont make it that far as the gene pool is quite deep and turbulent at times.

N8YX
06-29-2012, 05:29 PM
Nope...more likely her parents will get a phone call to come down for identification, sorry to say. She wont make it that far as the gene pool is quite deep and turbulent at times.
Problem is...she'll likely take an innocent person or two with her. Little fool wants to off herself, we ought to give dumbass the tools to easily and painlessly accomplish her mission without affecting anybody else in the process.

N7YA
06-29-2012, 05:49 PM
Agreed on all.

suddenseer
06-29-2012, 06:15 PM
http://freetime.hollandvtc.org/texting-at-the-mall-tragic/Judging by the recent avatar, and sig pictures, someone has recently watched It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, World. ;)

n2ize
06-29-2012, 06:56 PM
Years ago some woman smashed into the back of my brother's vintage 65 Mustang convertible. She crumpled up the back of the car the trunk and busted open the gas tank. Luckily there was no fire. This was around 1986 or 87, long before cell phones and texting. She was coming down the entrance ramp onto the highway and never bothered to look in front of her.

BTW my brother still has the Mustang. It was repaired and it still lives.

W3WN
06-29-2012, 09:47 PM
What is the significance of this picture? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

April 28th. We were enroute to my wife's ex's house for my grandson's 3rd birthday party. We're coming down the off ramp from I-279 North onto Camp Horne Road; have to stop at the Yield at the bottom of the ramp, as a car zooms by.

Bang! We're rear ended. Not hard, and is it turns out, there was no damage. But we'd had the Mazda fixed from a previous accident once before, so this was the LAST thing we needed.

Not only was the a$$wipe on his cell phone... but he took off. We pulled over to see what had happened, he hit the gas. Yup -- hit & run.

We took off after him; got right behind him (when I snapped the photo, since I was holding the camera). Chased the a$$wipe for almost a mile; he tried to lose us in a nearby shopping center, but the boss is a better driver than I am & stuck with him.

...yes, I called the number on the back of the truck & reported it.

Would you believe the sunnavabeech tried to claim that he didn't know he'd hit us, that he thought his brakes had locked up?

Like I said, fortunately, no damage. Well, to our Mazda; he had a small dent on his bumper, whether or not it was from us, I don't know.

Since there was no damage, the boss didn't want to stick around and get insurance info etc. (She also was mad at me for losing my temper at him... but that's another story). And as we left? His cell phone had just rung. It was his company, from what I overheard...

w2amr
06-30-2012, 04:04 AM

April 28th. We were enroute to my wife's ex's house for my grandson's 3rd birthday party. We're coming down the off ramp from I-279 North onto Camp Horne Road; have to stop at the Yield at the bottom of the ramp, as a car zooms by.

Bang! We're rear ended. Not hard, and is it turns out, there was no damage. But we'd had the Mazda fixed from a previous accident once before, so this was the LAST thing we needed.

Not only was the a$$wipe on his cell phone... but he took off. We pulled over to see what had happened, he hit the gas. Yup -- hit & run.

We took off after him; got right behind him (when I snapped the photo, since I was holding the camera). Chased the a$$wipe for almost a mile; he tried to lose us in a nearby shopping center, but the boss is a better driver than I am & stuck with him.

Would you believe the sunnavabeech tried to claim that he didn't know he'd hit us, that he thought his brakes had locked up?

Like I said, fortunately, no damage. Well, to our Mazda; he had a small dent on his bumper, whether or not it was from us, I don't know.

Since there was no damage, the boss didn't want to stick around and get insurance info etc. (She also was mad at me for losing my temper at him... but that's another story). And as we left? His cell phone had just rung. It was his company, from what I overheard...Sounds like you are a real adventure to go riding with.:lol:

N7YA
06-30-2012, 04:07 AM
Years ago some woman smashed into the back of my brother's vintage 65 Mustang convertible. She crumpled up the back of the car the trunk and busted open the gas tank. Luckily there was no fire. This was around 1986 or 87, long before cell phones and texting. She was coming down the entrance ramp onto the highway and never bothered to look in front of her.

BTW my brother still has the Mustang. It was repaired and it still lives.

Important question here...was the frame bent?

w2amr
06-30-2012, 04:07 AM
Judging by the recent avatar, and sig pictures, someone has recently watched It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, World. ;)Watch it? I'm living in it.:mrgreen:

w2amr
06-30-2012, 05:49 AM
That's a trick fargon question!

N7YA
07-01-2012, 04:00 AM
I forwarded the link to my buddy whos part of that "American Restoration" crowd. Old rockabilly guy who runs sound for us, he also rebuilds hot rods, he forwarded it to, as he put it, "his gearheads"...that woman better grow a beard and start taking the bus!

n2ize
07-01-2012, 06:06 AM

That question I cannot answer. I have no idea.

n2ize
07-01-2012, 07:08 AM

Since there was no damage, the boss didn't want to stick around and get insurance info etc. (She also was mad at me for losing my temper at him... but that's another story). And as we left? His cell phone had just rung. It was his company, from what I overheard...

Good work tracking this lowlife down and reporting him. Probably the last thing he wanted was for his boss to find out he hit someone. I would have gone a step further and called the cops. It's not so much this hitting part, thats bad enough, but the fact he took off like that.

kf0rt
07-01-2012, 07:11 AM
I'm still pondering George's question about the airbags.

N2CHX
07-01-2012, 07:57 AM

I have a burn hole in my insulated jacket from some jackwagon flicking a ciggie out their window. It's a $250 Koeppen. Had we been on a residential street instead of doing 65 on the expressway, he'd have lost a side-mirror, which would then have been used to key his paint job.

N2CHX
07-01-2012, 08:06 AM
I was almost hit on the bike today - twice - by assholes with cell phones. And these goobers wonder why I run 200w worth of lighting in the daytime.

Yup. I can't count the number of times I've had people pull lefties in front of me and it's always either a young woman with kids in a minivan or someone on a cell phone -- although yesterday when out riding with Dan and a couple of friends I nearly got taken out by some dude who just didn't give a shit. He came from on on-ramp and tried to merge with me literally and he seemed to be angry that I was where he wanted to be.

Dan just waited patiently on the side of the road while I stopped the asshole and bitched him up down and sideways. He's used to it by now, because I rarely let anyone who does something stupid have any doubt that they did something stupid. The only reason I didn't tear his fucking car apart was because I had a good friend who happens to be an ER doctor on the bike with me. I was being extra EXTRA careful riding with him with me and then along comes this asshole. Fortunately no one hurt and my passenger still enjoyed his first ride on a motorcycle.

K7SGJ
07-01-2012, 11:06 AM
With all the motorcycle near miss posts, I was reminded of this video someone sent me. I never knew zero tolerance could be so brutal. I doubt this will ever happen in this country.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhfNQBNrp9Y

N2CHX
07-01-2012, 11:25 AM
Ouch!

I have a DV cam mounted just above the right turn signal on my Ninja. Quite unfortunately, it wasn't recording for yesterday's incident because I ran out of room on the SD card.

K7SGJ
07-01-2012, 11:36 AM
Ouch!

I have a DV cam mounted just above the right turn signal on my Ninja. Quite unfortunately, it wasn't recording for yesterday's incident because I ran out of room on the SD card.

That's really not a bad idea, Keli. With all the risks a bike rider takes these days, having some video evidence can make all the difference in a he said she said clusterfuk.

w2amr
07-01-2012, 11:56 AM
The past couple of days I have been going out for a ride on my 750 Honda around daybreak. Very peaceful, and the cell phone assholes are still in bed.

N8YX
07-01-2012, 12:29 PM
The past couple of days I have been going out for a ride on my 750 Honda around daybreak. Very peaceful, and the cell phone assholes are still in bed.
We've switched to this schedule when riding our bicycles on the towpath. Right now it's prime-time idiotville, loose/off-the-leash dogs and all. Come sundown the show rolls up for the evening and you have the trail pretty much to yourself...the occasional like-minded cyclist being the exception.

NQ6U
07-01-2012, 12:33 PM
Yup. I can't count the number of times I've had people pull lefties in front of me and it's always either a young woman with kids in a minivan or someone on a cell phone -- although yesterday when out riding with Dan and a couple of friends I nearly got taken out by some dude who just didn't give a shit. He came from on on-ramp and tried to merge with me literally and he seemed to be angry that I was where he wanted to be.

Dan just waited patiently on the side of the road while I stopped the asshole and bitched him up down and sideways. He's used to it by now, because I rarely let anyone who does something stupid have any doubt that they did something stupid. The only reason I didn't tear his fucking car apart was because I had a good friend who happens to be an ER doctor on the bike with me. I was being extra EXTRA careful riding with him with me and then along comes this asshole. Fortunately no one hurt and my passenger still enjoyed his first ride on a motorcycle.

That's the kind of shit that finally convinced me to get of my Beemer. Five years ago, someone turned left right in front of me in the Ranger and I smacked her hard enough that my air bag went off. Made me glad I wasn't on the bike but I got the last laugh—I was able to drive home but her little Honda had to be towed from the scene.

kf0rt
07-01-2012, 12:48 PM
With all the motorcycle near miss posts, I was reminded of this video someone sent me. I never knew zero tolerance could be so brutal. I doubt this will ever happen in this country.

Isn't that where Travis lives?

NQ6U
07-01-2012, 12:51 PM
Isn't that where Travis lives?

Yep.

n2ize
07-01-2012, 02:42 PM

Wow, that does seem quite extreme. I mean if they are going to go do that they might as well just call out a sniper and shoot him.

kf0rt
07-01-2012, 02:45 PM
Wow, that does seem quite extreme. I mean if they are going to go do that they might as well just call out a sniper and shoot him.

You gotta admit though. This way has more impact.

K7SGJ
07-01-2012, 02:53 PM

I would think this type of apprehension would be more successful than trying to shoot a moving target with a rifle. Less chance collateral damage, too I would think. It is strange, though, that generally it's seems to be more acceptable to shoot someone, than take this kind of action. Personally, I think they should have let him get moving a whole lot faster before they did the roadblock thingy.

N7YA
07-01-2012, 05:31 PM
I like that Spanish justice.

Just last night, my wife was involved in a hit and run. She was just getting off work, and was sitting at the light waiting to go, then she got rear ended by a Jetta, who was rear ended by a drunk meathead in a Hooptie...who tried to speed around the lady...he actually was throwing his hands up as to say "What the fuck, bitch, move!"...moron didnt even acknowledge that he hit anyone. Everybody was ok, and that asshole sped away...but not without the lady behind my wife getting the license number and a full description of said asshole. The trooper took all that info and hopefully they can do something with it.

I hate this town.

n2ize
07-01-2012, 06:43 PM
I would think this type of apprehension would be more successful than trying to shoot a moving target with a rifle. Less chance collateral damage, too I would think. It is strange, though, that generally it's seems to be more acceptable to shoot someone, than take this kind of action. Personally, I think they should have let him get moving a whole lot faster before they did the roadblock thingy.

Well they really should have followed him and apprehended him. Heck, I don't like criminals who threaten or use violence any more than anyone else. But, he didn't kill anyone and I am sure they could have apprehended him and made an arrest. The decision to hang a thug should be done in court, not on the streets. Well, for most crimes. But despicable crimes like child molesters, rapists or brutal murderers I can understand street justice. But for this, not so much.

Reminds me of a case here in Westchester where a lowlife shot and killed a county cop who stopped him for a traffic violation. Brutal murder of a officer who was doing his job. The lowlife was arrested and on a later date when he was being moved to county court he suddenly grabbed a cops gun and ran and was ready to use it so the cops had no choice but to gun him down. Some call it delf defense on the part of the cops. Others called it an assassination., Either way, the cops were on target.

kb2vxa
07-01-2012, 08:07 PM
Actually no, a high speed chase through city streets puts too many lives at risk so with the exception of Los Angeles cowboys it seldom happens. Meanwhile the fast, agile bike gets away so there is little to gain and much to lose. Interesting flying lesson but he needs to work on his landings.