PDA

View Full Version : Opera 12 on Linux Messed Up

n2ize
06-26-2012, 07:39 AM
Last version of Opera for the Linux (Fedora) desktop was great. Everything was fast, streamlined and ran great.. Then I upgraded to version 12 and things seemed to have rolled backwards a bit. While it is still fast and convenient and does what I like and is still my preferred browser I am noticing some quirks that weren't in the previous version. For one it seems to be crashing without warning from time to time. The previous version was rock stable. I also noticed my "pdf" plug-in no longer functions. I had to go back to telling Opera to launch an application when I click on a pdf. Also noticing some websites aren't loading properly where as they worked flawlessly on previous versions.

I am hoping it's just growing pains and these problems will be ironed out in upcoming revisions, as they have in the past. It could also be my system partly to blame. I am still running Fedora 12 on this system and thus some of my libraries, etc. might be outdated. I should really upgrade to a more recent version before I pass any judgement.

Meanwhile I'll see if I can attach a debugger to this thing and/or run it under "strace" to perhaps get a better handle of things that may be going wrong and exactly where problems may lie.

n2ize
06-27-2012, 03:40 AM
So far a run with all add-on's and extensions disabled seems to yield increased stability. Notw to turn them on one3 by one and see which may be the culprit and then figger out why.