PDA

View Full Version : E-Cigs Get Good Rap

n2ize
06-21-2012, 01:32 PM
I came across this article and expected to see the usual hatched job and talk about bans and abstinence. I was quite surprised to see e-cigs got a good writeup and favorable reviews.

http://www.livingto113.com/?keyword=cbcig1

KC2UGV
06-21-2012, 01:49 PM
I came across this article and expected to see the usual hatched job and talk about bans and abstinence. I was quite surprised to see e-cigs got a good writeup and favorable reviews.

http://www.livingto113.com/?keyword=cbcig1

That's a traffic sink website. It's merely an ad for the brand in the article.

Now, I'm not going to say they are lying; but take it with a huge grain of salt. And, DON'T order the "Free trial". You'll be billed $80/month thereafter.

KG4CGC
06-21-2012, 01:50 PM
I was wondering if it was an advertisement disguised as journalistic reporting.

W3WN
06-21-2012, 02:38 PM
I was wondering if it was an advertisement disguised as journalistic reporting.No need to wonder. It is.

N7YA
06-21-2012, 04:46 PM
Thats usually the first thing i look for when everyone says something is bad, then an article says its great...any product.

How about high fructose corn syrup. I love those commercials saying "I had questions about corn sugar (thats what they are trying to get us all to call it now), so i asked the experts, they said 'sugar is sugar, your body doesnt know the difference', then the world was great...i drink 70 gallons of it a day now!"...the experts in the corn industry, of course. I never trust what i see anymore, always an angle.

n2ize
06-21-2012, 06:39 PM
So which is it. Are e-cigs bad or good ? Mostly I hear that they are bad. But most of what is said about them comes from the anti-smoking/tobacco crowd who argue that anything that even casually resembles tobacco use is evil. On the other hand the advertisers say they are great.

KG4CGC
06-21-2012, 06:47 PM
Just consider the following. The e-cig reduces the addiction down to one single poison, nicotine. Granted, nicotine isn't good for you but look at the other 400 plus chemicals in combusting tobacco. Also consider the additives in regular commercial smokes. Things that make the inhaled chemicals hit the bloodstream harder thus hitting the brain harder.
Like I used to say back in the day, "These Newports are better than crack."

KC2UGV
06-21-2012, 06:57 PM
So which is it. Are e-cigs bad or good ? Mostly I hear that they are bad. But most of what is said about them comes from the anti-smoking/tobacco crowd who argue that anything that even casually resembles tobacco use is evil. On the other hand the advertisers say they are great.

You're a man of science.

Sit down and think about it for a moment.

E-cigs have 3 components: Polypropylene Glycol (Or, Vegetable Glycerin). Both are FDA cleared for inhalation. Then, there's nicotine. It's not good for you, but neither is caffeine, or alcohol. Then, there's flavoring. You eat the stuff, and smell the stuff. It's pretty safe.

Tobacco smoke has 400 chemicals, at least 30 of which are known carcinogens, and 4 are radioactive.

n2ize
06-21-2012, 07:24 PM
You're a man of science.

Sit down and think about it for a moment.

E-cigs have 3 components: Polypropylene Glycol (Or, Vegetable Glycerin). Both are FDA cleared for inhalation. Then, there's nicotine. It's not good for you, but neither is caffeine, or alcohol. Then, there's flavoring. You eat the stuff, and smell the stuff. It's pretty safe.

Tobacco smoke has 400 chemicals, at least 30 of which are known carcinogens, and 4 are radioactive.

Obviously of course E-Cigs are safer. Probably safer than the tobacco I chew from time to time. A lot of the carcinogens in tobacco stem from the burning process, when smoked, but some stem from the way the tobacco is cured. One reason why the steam cured tobacco in Swedish Snu's is safer than the fire cured tobacco in common chew. Obviously e-smoke is safer than all the above. But the problem is there is a lot of pressure from the "pure-ists" i.e. abstinence or bust crowd. For instance one of the anti-smoke groups condemned e-cigs even before all the facts were in. I am afraid pressure from the tobacco industry along with the "abstinence" crowd can end up pushing for bans on e-cigs.

N7YA
06-22-2012, 04:04 AM
Yeah, i dont think it will kill you, and it certainly would be a step in the right direction from burning tobacco.

I agree that some folks get hypersensitive about imagery as much as real dangerous components. My "hmmm" moment is when a company selling the stuff starts doing their own science, it usually leans toward profit margins and further away from real science and examination.

Of course, the same is absolutely true from the other end too. Crying, screaming and calling for banning certain things that make certain people uncomfortable before learning if its really bad for you or not.

suddenseer
06-22-2012, 04:09 AM
I quit smoking 40 pounds ago.

W3WN
06-22-2012, 08:01 AM
Thats usually the first thing i look for when everyone says something is bad, then an article says its great...any product.

How about high fructose corn syrup. I love those commercials saying "I had questions about corn sugar (thats what they are trying to get us all to call it now), so i asked the experts, they said 'sugar is sugar, your body doesnt know the difference', then the world was great...i drink 70 gallons of it a day now!"...the experts in the corn industry, of course. I never trust what i see anymore, always an angle.
I despise those commercials.

HFCS is the work of the devil and must be destroyed.

W3WN
06-22-2012, 08:02 AM
So which is it. Are e-cigs bad or good ? Mostly I hear that they are bad. But most of what is said about them comes from the anti-smoking/tobacco crowd who argue that anything that even casually resembles tobacco use is evil. On the other hand the advertisers say they are great.They're better for you than 'real' cigarettes & related tobacco products. But that doesn't mean they're good for you.

KG4CGC
06-22-2012, 10:54 AM
They're better for you than 'real' cigarettes & related tobacco products. But that doesn't mean they're good for you.

Just tell men it will make their dick bigger.
All the guys who claim theirs is already big enough will order their ecigs online.