PDA

View Full Version : Results

W3WN
06-21-2012, 07:50 AM
I'm stunned.

ARRL just released online the results of the 2012 DX CW contest. http://www.arrl.org/files/file/ContestResults/2012/2012-DXCW-Web-V2.pdf

I figured my team was going to take WPa Section again. But Division?

Holy schneikes.

Next think you know, the big guns will begin to think I know something & start asking for my input. Isn't that a scary thought?

KJ3N
06-21-2012, 07:55 AM
http://www.justnewlistings.com/blogs/uploads/frightened.jpg

KC2UGV
06-21-2012, 08:08 AM
You must have full legal amps, full sized 160M beams, and a TS-2000 (Or equivalent), right?

W3WN
06-21-2012, 08:09 AM
http://www.justnewlistings.com/blogs/uploads/frightened.jpg
I knew I could count on you. :twisted:

All I need now is a certain Youtube video producer to tell me how rotten to Amateur Radiio I am as both a DX'er and a contester.

KJ3N
06-21-2012, 08:14 AM
All I need now is a certain Youtube video producer to tell me how rotten to Amateur Radiio I am as both a DX'er and a contester.

Fsck 'im.... :roll:

W3WN
06-21-2012, 08:14 AM
You must have full legal amps, full sized 160M beams, and a TS-2000 (Or equivalent), right?

Hah hah hah hah!
Thanks, I needed that.

Ten-Tec Omni VI+. (Corsair II as the backup, but I ended up not needing it). No amp. (I do now own a pre MFJ Ameritron AL-84, but it's still sitting on the shelf pending a shack remodel)

Butternut HF-6V except on 160; 160 is a half-assed inverted 'L'

No tower. No beam. (OK, I do have a 3 element Mosley sitting in the garage in pieces, but it's going to need a LOT of TLC before it ever sees the skies again... if ever)

Now, I'll admit that Multi Single Low Power isn't exactly the largest entry category in the contest... but most everyone else who seriously enters in it has at least a tri-bander, probably a couple of slopers or other multi-wire antennas for the low bands. And they most likely live on top of the hill, not at the base of it. So...

W3WN
06-21-2012, 08:15 AM
Fsck 'im.... :roll:No thanks. I prefer girls.

KJ3N
06-21-2012, 08:29 AM
Fsck 'im.... :roll:
No thanks. I prefer girls.

Then, might I suggest he attempt self-procreation?

KC2UGV
06-21-2012, 08:56 AM
Hah hah hah hah!
Thanks, I needed that.

Ten-Tec Omni VI+. (Corsair II as the backup, but I ended up not needing it). No amp. (I do now own a pre MFJ Ameritron AL-84, but it's still sitting on the shelf pending a shack remodel)

Butternut HF-6V except on 160; 160 is a half-assed inverted 'L'

No tower. No beam. (OK, I do have a 3 element Mosley sitting in the garage in pieces, but it's going to need a LOT of TLC before it ever sees the skies again... if ever)

Now, I'll admit that Multi Single Low Power isn't exactly the largest entry category in the contest... but most everyone else who seriously enters in it has at least a tri-bander, probably a couple of slopers or other multi-wire antennas for the low bands. And they most likely live on top of the hill, not at the base of it. So...

You and Jim, with your "Big gun stations" :rofl:

KJ3N
06-21-2012, 09:07 AM
You and Jim, with your "Big gun stations" :rofl:

The only thing "big gun" about my station is the 4-element 15m beam. Of course, it's only up 25 feet above ground level. In a number of cases, the big dipole @ 60 feet beats or matches the beam on 15m, but only in certain directions. The beam helps with the nulls of the dipole.

Wire is my friend. :yes:

N8YX
06-21-2012, 11:28 AM
You're both running unlegal power and are quarming the Maritime Mobile Net...and I WILL take it to the system. Right after I finish composing another anti-Winlink rant.

W3WN
06-21-2012, 12:49 PM
You're both running unlegal power and are quarming the Maritime Mobile Net...and I WILL take it to the system. Right after I finish composing another anti-Winlink rant.In a CW contest?

I thought those clowns were into yachts and boats... not boat anchors... [cue: rimshot]

KJ3N
06-21-2012, 02:52 PM
You're both running unlegal power and are quarming the Maritime Mobile Net...

There's another group that can self-fornicate for all I care.. :roll:

N8YX
06-21-2012, 04:30 PM
There's another group that can self-fornicate for all I care.. :roll:
That would be a feat to which I do not wish to be privy.

W3WN
06-22-2012, 07:48 AM
Well, the contest fall-out has started.

The op of KP2MM, N2TTA, thought he had the Single Op Un-assisted (no packet cluster) high score. Instead, he was disqualified for operating out of band.

Seems Yuri is a General, but spent 'signficant time' in the Extra-only CW portions of the bands. Whoops.

His justification? The trustee of KP2MM, KV4FZ (yeah, speaking of the MMSN, but never mind), was there as the Control Op, therefore it was OK. Only, if that is the case, it means that technically, he was operating as a Multi-Op, not a Single-Op, so THAT means he entered in the wrong category... and would be DQ'd. Whoops.

Naturally, it's not his fault... uh-huh.

This may be interesting. Or ugly. Or both.

In the meantime, someone please pass the popcorn. Extra butter?

KJ3N
06-22-2012, 07:56 AM
Well, the contest fall-out has started.

The op of KP2MM, N2TTA, thought he had the Single Op Un-assisted (no packet cluster) high score. Instead, he was disqualified for operating out of band.

Seems Yuri is a General, but spent 'signficant time' in the Extra-only CW portions of the bands. Whoops.

His justification? The trustee of KP2MM, KV4FZ (yeah, speaking of the MMSN, but never mind), was there as the Control Op, therefore it was OK. Only, if that is the case, it means that technically, he was operating as a Multi-Op, not a Single-Op, so THAT means he entered in the wrong category... and would be DQ'd. Whoops.

Naturally, it's no his fault... uh-huh.

This may be interesting, In the meantime, someone please pass the popcorn.

I realize it's important to diehard contesters, but ..... :sleep: :sleep:

The world isn't coming to an end. :roll: :bfd:

N8YX
06-22-2012, 08:38 AM

The world isn't coming to an end. :roll: :bfd:
You do realize that if the anti-contest contingent gets wind of this, all contesters will henceforth be accused of baby snatching?

KJ3N
06-22-2012, 08:50 AM
You do realize that if the anti-contest contingent gets wind of this, all contesters will henceforth be accused of baby snatching?

"Land....... *flip*.... land..... *flip*...... 'see snatch'....."

N8YX
06-22-2012, 08:58 AM
"Land....... *flip*.... land..... *flip*...... 'see snatch'....."

<--------- The vagina thread is that-a-way.

W3WN
06-22-2012, 10:20 AM

The world isn't coming to an end. :roll: :bfd:Precisely. This is going to be a tempest in a teapot, in the grand scheme of things.

KB3LIX
06-26-2012, 04:28 PM
I'm stunned.

ARRL just released online the results of the 2012 DX CW contest. http://www.arrl.org/files/file/ContestResults/2012/2012-DXCW-Web-V2.pdf

I figured my team was going to take WPa Section again. But Division?

Holy schneikes.

Next think you know, the big guns will begin to think I know something & start asking for my input. Isn't that a scary thought?

CONGRATS !

I took First Place SO-LP in WPa.
Big-Whoop

N7YA
06-26-2012, 05:39 PM
Then, might I suggest he attempt self-procreation?

I already suggested that to him. :-D