PDA

View Full Version : This is my wife's cousin (Distant) and they need help.

KA9MOT
06-20-2012, 07:30 PM
Please share this video...... Help bring Mickey home. Her bike was found damaged under a bridge.

http://youtu.be/dz7RzuuYicA

More info here: ----> http://www.findmickeynow.com/

KG4CGC
06-20-2012, 08:13 PM
Reposted to Facebook.

n2ize
06-20-2012, 08:56 PM
Sad to hear this. Good luck. I hope they find her and all turns out well.

KA9MOT
06-21-2012, 01:53 AM
She has been missing for about a month now. I think the general consensus is that she may have been hit by a drunk driver who hauled her off and stashed her someplace so he/she would not be charged. There are 2 vehicles they are looking for.

Thanks for the kind words and for sharing. It means allot to Mellisa.

PA5COR
06-21-2012, 02:41 AM
The parents must be devastated, i don't know how i would feel not knowing what happened to my kid, i'll pray for a safe return.

KA9MOT
08-08-2012, 07:35 PM
An update, and not a good one. They believe they found Mickey's body. Her murderer was charged last month. My wife doesn't know yet. I'm not looking forward to telling her when she gets home.....

http://abcnews.go.com/US/body-believed-mickey-shunicks-excavated-jewelry-clothing-found/story?id=16957845#.UCMFmE1lRtA

K7SGJ
08-08-2012, 08:04 PM
Sorry to hear the news. I hope they are able to find the one responsible and take the appropriate action. We'll keep her and all your family in our thoughts.

WØTKX
08-08-2012, 08:10 PM
According to the sources they likely found the one responsible before they found her. Wow, very sad.

KA9MOT
08-09-2012, 05:05 AM
Yeah, He was arrested on 7/6/2012. He is the owner/driver of the white 2011 Chevy Silverado. There was another girl that was his victim as well. He is charged with killing Lisa Pate in 1999. At that time, he was a suspect and was already in jail.

My wife took it better than I thought she would.

PA5COR
08-09-2012, 05:31 AM
Sad reading this, my condolences and i hope he will get the book thrown at him, words are not enough to express my sad feelings and anger at this....

N8YX
08-09-2012, 06:53 AM
The only choice the jury should be given in the matter is whether the soon-to-be-convicted should ride the needle or the lightning to his next destination. From appearances, we have us a serial murderer who - if ever let back out into society - will offend again.

His crimes weren't accidental...not by a long shot.

W3WN
08-09-2012, 07:30 AM
Very sorry to hear about this Steve. My condolences to you and your family.

As far as the alleged serial killer... and I say "alleged" only because it hasn't been proven in a court of law... yet... goes:

Once convicted, I hope the authorities expedite the inevitable appeals, and then fry the bastard.

KA9MOT
08-09-2012, 07:48 AM
Thanks for the kind words guys.

I only met the girl once, when she was very young and the family came to Mellisa's wedding (I was just there for the cake and the honeymoon). Her family is really wonderful people and this is going to be very hard for them. They are not yet accepting that this is Mickey but are waiting for the "official" identification.

I guess she was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. I'm sad and angry at the same time... I've never experienced this feeling before.

N8YX
08-09-2012, 07:54 AM
If the alleged (suspect drunk) gentleman killed her as a result of a DUI then maybe - just maybe - he's guilty of no more than involuntary manslaughter.

On the other hand, a demonstrated pattern of felonious behavior all but dismisses the "involuntary" aspect.

What will seal the deal isn't so much the act of killing but the act of covering it up.

N2CHX
08-09-2012, 07:55 AM
I'm so sorry. That's awful beyond words.

KA9MOT
08-09-2012, 08:02 AM
If the alleged (suspect drunk) gentleman killed her as a result of a DUI then maybe - just maybe - he's guilty of no more than involuntary manslaughter.

On the other hand, a demonstrated pattern of felonious behavior all but dismisses the "involuntary" aspect.

What will seal the deal isn't so much the act of killing but the act of covering it up.

Originally it was thought that this might be a DUI that somebody was trying to cover up. This was no DUI. The guy is a convicted Sex Offender who is also tied to another girls murder in 1999.

N8YX
08-09-2012, 08:15 AM
Originally it was thought that this might be a DUI that somebody was trying to cover up. This was no DUI. The guy is a convicted Sex Offender who is also tied to another girls murder in 1999.
Well now...let's save the county a little money.

Put the accused in a bulletproof cell and slide a handgun with one round in the magazine through the door. If you hear a bang, guilty as charged.

W3WN
08-09-2012, 10:06 AM
Well now...let's save the county a little money.

Put the accused in a bulletproof cell and slide a handgun with one round in the magazine through the door. If you hear a bang, guilty as charged.If only.

Some of these psychopaths would use the bullet on one of the police officers guarding them, just to provide the honor guard into Hell if for no other reason.

KA9MOT
08-09-2012, 02:57 PM
According to this article, Lavergne may have told the police where to find her in exchange for the Death Penalty being taken off the table.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/article/20120809/NEWS03/120809014/ID-procedures-begin-Mickey-Shunick-case

N8YX
08-10-2012, 06:31 AM
So tell some lifer he gets an extra carton of smokes this week IF...

N8XE
08-10-2012, 07:42 AM
Very sad. I hope justice will be carried out swiftly.

Jason N8XE

N2NH
08-10-2012, 09:54 AM
Please accept my condolences. Words cannot convey my feelings. My prayers are with you and your family.

KB3LAZ
08-10-2012, 10:04 AM
Thanks for the kind words guys.

I only met the girl once, when she was very young and the family came to Mellisa's wedding (I was just there for the cake and the honeymoon). Her family is really wonderful people and this is going to be very hard for them. They are not yet accepting that this is Mickey but are waiting for the "official" identification.

I guess she was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. I'm sad and angry at the same time... I've never experienced this feeling before.

My thoughts are with you and yours. I am truly sorry to hear such a thing has happened. There was a time when I would say that I was sorry for such things, and I was but I could not understand what the person was going through. Things have changed. Even though every case is different I do understand the feelings that you explain both yours and the child's parents. Angry, confused, sad, unwilling to accept it.

We do learn to accept it and move on but it is a day by day process. You will always question the actions of people and continue to ask yourself why. Though you move on, you will never forget. I will never understand people. :(

Again, I am truly sorry.