PDA

View Full Version : The Greatest Time of the Year !!

n2ize
06-19-2012, 06:44 PM
Well, I don't know about the rest of you but for me this was always the greatest time of the year. It was right about this time that school was out for the summer. It meant about 2.25 months of fun, partying, and just going crazy. Waking up when you feel like it, going to sleep when you feel like it (or when your parents told you to get your sorry ass to bed !! pronto !!). Every day was an adventure. Bike riding, firing off fireworks in preparation for 4th of july, and all sorts of summer fun.

However, like all such things it ends rather fast.

kf0rt
06-19-2012, 06:50 PM
I remember that. Barely.

Kids here have been out for nearly three weeks now. It looks oddly different from the other side.

N7YA
06-19-2012, 08:40 PM
I hate this time of year, we just try to get through it. I only really go out at night.

NQ6U
06-19-2012, 10:15 PM
I hate this time of year, we just try to get through it.

Me too. The kids are out of school and it's hell keeping the little bastids off my lawn.

N7YA
06-20-2012, 02:53 AM
I can never find good soup and penny loafers....nobody has good soup and penny loafers anymore!

Damn kids......GET OFF MY WHITE QUARTZ AGREGATE YARD!!!

PA5COR
06-20-2012, 03:12 AM
Kids here play sometimes on the fresh cut front lawn, i have no problem with that, most made a plant garden from it, i kept it in grass.
As long they don't pester the cats i don't care, their parents don't protest my large obtrusive antenna park LOL

VK3ZL
06-20-2012, 04:16 AM
Kids ??? Bloody Kids !!!!!!

In my day kids were supposed to be seen and not heard...Little bastages these days get away with lot's of sh1t and stuff...Should have a valve in their asses so you can pump them up when you want em and let the air out and fold em up and put away in a drawer when you want a bit of piece and quiet...Somehow I managed to have four of em and they all bred up another generation..Now I am a Great Grandfather to a couple of the little sods...Thank Christ the closest of em live in Darwin and Perth...Far enough away so that I can have a bit of peace and quiet...Shouldn't have allowed em to breed up. :rant:

Now don't get me wrong..I am a loving caring parent...I love them for being so far away and could care less...Kids !!!!

Bob..VK3ZL..

KB3LAZ
06-20-2012, 04:39 AM
This is the time of yeah we would go stay in the same cabin as the year before in Tennessee, good times. Hiking, fishing, swimming, cooking out, etc.

WØTKX
06-20-2012, 06:55 AM
To me it meant a lot of hard work with my Dad, but lots of $$. With a nice long break at Manypoint Scout Camp.

The sound of loons still makes me grin!

w2amr
06-20-2012, 01:04 PM
Well, I don't know about the rest of you but for me this was always the greatest time of the year. It was right about this time that school was out for the summer. It meant about 2.25 months of fun, partying, and just going crazy. Waking up when you feel like it, going to sleep when you feel like it (or when your parents told you to get your sorry ass to bed !! pronto !!). Every day was an adventure. Bike riding, firing off fireworks in preparation for 4th of july, and all sorts of summer fun.

However, like all such things it ends rather fast.What is this school you speak of?

n2ize
06-20-2012, 02:23 PM
What is this school you speak of?

Both Catholic and later public elementary school, junior high school, high school. It was a great time having part of June, July and August free.