PDA

View Full Version : Small parts exchange

N8YX
06-19-2012, 04:59 AM
Need an elusive part for a project or repair and have a component or two to swap? Post it here. Let's try to keep things reasonable.

EDIT: Let's also keep this thread focused on components and similar electronics-related items. No off-topic content, please.

First off: I have a bunch of 470uF, 63WVDC electrolytics and an assortment of precision 1/4w carbon-film resistors in various values. A decent handful of these is on its way to you for a few monocular toroid forms - 1/2" OD; 3/8" ID. Core mix isn't critical.

KG4CGC
06-19-2012, 05:04 PM
Good thread.

NA4BH
06-19-2012, 05:43 PM
ICOM 746 PRO backlight problem?

I have a couple of NTE 2525 that will solve your problem. Let me know.

kf0rt
06-19-2012, 06:20 PM
Good thread.

Love the concept. Need to dig around a bit.

NA4BH
06-19-2012, 06:31 PM
Just a clarification. Is this for free parts? Kind of a "Pay it forward" type of thing?

If so, maybe make it a "$5.00" donation to the Island and the small parts are shipped to the station in need at no charge (provided they fit in a normal one stamp envelope). Otherwise, pay shipping plus a $5.00 donation.

Just looking at ground rules from the start. As bigger stuff can go in the regular selling thread.

N8YX
06-19-2012, 08:14 PM
Just a clarification. Is this for free parts? Kind of a "Pay it forward" type of thing?

If so, maybe make it a "$5.00" donation to the Island and the small parts are shipped to the station in need at no charge (provided they fit in a normal one stamp envelope). Otherwise, pay shipping plus a $5.00 donation.

Just looking at ground rules from the start. As bigger stuff can go in the regular selling thread.
Free parts, parts swap, however you guys want to handle things. It's unreasonable for someone to expect an 8877 gratis (or an expen$ive ECL IC for a handful of resistors) but if your junk box overfloweth and you can spare a part or two, this is the thread.

NQ6U
06-19-2012, 10:12 PM
I have a metric shit-ton of high-voltage TV horizontal sweep switching transistors. Let me know what you need.

N8YX
06-20-2012, 03:13 AM
I have a metric shit-ton of high-voltage TV horizontal sweep switching transistors. Let me know what you need.
Device numbers?

NQ6U
06-20-2012, 08:30 AM
There's a whole laundry list of them. Are you looking for anything in particular?

N8YX
06-20-2012, 08:51 AM
There's a whole laundry list of them. Are you looking for anything in particular?
4 or 8 MJE340s would be nice if you have them. Cubic used these as pass transistors in their PSU-5 and PSU-8 series, and I have one of each which is in need of a rebuild.

NQ6U
06-20-2012, 08:52 AM
4 or 8 MJE340s would be nice if you have them. Cubic used these as pass transistors in their PSU-5 and PSU-8 series, and I have one of each which is in need of a rebuild.

Let me check. I have a database of the parts but it's on the shack computer and I'm on the laptop in the house...

Nope, sorry, none of those. If it starts with a 2SC or 2SD, though, I may have it.

N7WQY
09-14-2012, 12:07 AM
I have a couple of good 6146 tubes used in the hybrid rigs and could use a good desk microphone like an old shure or the like anybody have anything like that?

Bob

N8YX
09-14-2012, 07:00 AM
I have a couple of good 6146 tubes used in the hybrid rigs and could use a good desk microphone like an old shure or the like anybody have anything like that?

Bob
I have a 444 which I'm going to sell. If you're interested I'll check it over this weekend.

N7WQY
09-14-2012, 11:42 AM
A 444 would be fine in fact just what i had in mind just let me know.

Bob

N8YX
02-16-2013, 11:49 AM
Bump (sorta).

Bob, if you're still interested in the mic I still have it.

Am on the lookout for an A/D IC. The following are equivalents:

156-1595-00 (Tek OEM P/N)
8701CN
ADC-EX10B (Datel)
UM10-02

It's a 24-pin PDIP or CDIP, depending on manufacturer.

N2CHX
04-25-2013, 10:04 AM
If anyone still uses B66 blocks, I have an entire box of Scotchlok ST connectors. These haven't been made in years and are impossible to find.

Yours for the taking or if ya have some crystals or crystal oscillators for any of the ham bands, I'll do a trade.

NQ6U
02-18-2014, 08:34 PM
Here's a partial inventory of some stuff I picked up at my last ARC meeting. Special to Islanders for a limited time, prices negotiable. People who have been nice to me get a significant discount. Anything that doesn't move gets put on eBay.

Part Number
Description
Comments

74F283
4-BIT FULL ADDER
Don't know why you'd want a snake, but...

74F374
OCTAL D-TYPE FLIP-FLOP

74HC4017
5-STAGE JOHNSON DECADE COUNTER
In case you don't know how old your johnson is

CD4066BE
QUAD BILATERAL SWITCH

CD4001BCN
QUAD 2-INPUT NOR GATE

CD4011BCN
QUAD 2-INPUT NAND GATE

CD4081BE
QUAD 2-INPUT AND GATE

ICL7106
3-1/2 DIGIT LCD/LED DISPLAY A-D CONVERTER

MC1408LB
8-BIT MULTIPLYING A-D CONVERTER

HCF4060
14-STAGE RIPPLE CARRY BINARY COUNTER/DIVIDER

ML33163
POWER SWITCHING REGULATOR

PKD01
MONOLITHIC PEAK DETECTOR

MC1416
HIGH VOLTAGE DARLINGON TRANSISTOR ARRAY
Motor/lamp control

EPM5064LC
EPLD
SMD, but I have through-hole PCB sockets

C22V10
REPROGRAMMABLE PAL DEVICE

MC145152
PLL FREQUENCY SYNTHESIZER
Why import your phase noise from Japan?

NE601
DOUBLE BALANCED MIXER & OSCILLATOR
Roll your own SDR receiver

XR2211
FSK TONE DECODER
Remember modems?

XR2206
MONOLITHIC FUNCTION GENERATOR
Sine/Square/Sawtooth wave generator

MM5321
TV CAMERA SYNCH GENERATOR
Fix that Betamax camcorder...

NE592D14
VIDEO AMPLIFIER
...that's been sitting in your closet...

MC1733
DIFFERENTIAL VIDEO AMPLIFIER
...since 1983

PCD3360T
PROGRAMMABLE MULTI-RING TELEPHONE RINGER
Oh, there are just shit-tons of uses for these...

ON EDIT: I have multiples of all these things, ten or more of most of them.

VE7DCW
02-19-2014, 12:04 AM
Does anyone have a spare Yaesu PA-6 DC car adapter/charger that fits the Yaesu FT-470 HT...... it's an oldie but a goodie...my adapter got thrown in the burning box by mistake and i'm resurrecting my 470 to try some local repeater experimentation.....let me know what you need for it. :-D

K7SGJ
09-09-2015, 12:23 PM
I may have mentioned this in the past, but my wife and her bro had a huge family owned electronic parts company they closed a few years back. We moved the majority of it out here and it occupies nine 40 foot cargo containers. The business opened in 1960 and there are a lot of parts from that era forward. Lots of caps, resistors, semiconductors, (2Sa, 2SB, 1n and 2n OEM) LEDs, and ICs from germanium on up, lots of project boxes, Amphenol and other connectors, pilot lamps, fuses, wire, soldering stuff, transformers of all kinds, heat shrink, tools, GC and Xcelite, HH Smith hardware, Neutrix and Switchcraft connectors and cables, MidAtlantic rack stuff, Atlas sound stuff, ProCo audio cables, power cords and signal cables, phone jacks wall plates for phono, phone, DB9, A/V and such, and a multitude of other things you can think of. A few areas are getting low in stock, but there is still a lot left, some that is hard to find any more.

I know most of the few places left to buy stuff through mail order have minimum orders which sucks if you just need a few items. Although my wife is selling a lot this stuff on her Ebay store, it's not to get rich, it's just to get rid of this stuff and sell off a few of these cargo containers. Besides, over the last couple of years, we have only gotten a couple of thousand items listed and there is way, way, more. Anyway, if you are looking for anything, let me know, I may be able to find what you need. And, if you aren't sure if it would be something we would have, just ask.

Mahlo Nui Loa

KG4CGC
09-09-2015, 12:25 PM
I may have mentioned this in the past, but my wife and her bro had a huge family owned electronic parts company they closed a few years back. We moved the majority of it out here and it occupies nine 40 foot cargo containers. The business opened in 1960 and there are a lot of parts from that era forward. Lots of caps, resistors, semiconductors, (2Sa, 2SB, 1n and 2n OEM) LEDs, and ICs from germanium on up, lots of project boxes, Amphenol and other connectors, pilot lamps, fuses, wire, soldering stuff, transformers of all kinds, heat shrink, tools, GC and Xcelite, HH Smith hardware, Neutrix and Switchcraft connectors and cables, MidAtlantic rack stuff, Atlas sound stuff, ProCo audio cables, power cords and signal cables, phone jacks wall plates for phono, phone, DB9, A/V and such, and a multitude of other things you can think of. A few areas are getting low in stock, but there is still a lot left, some that is hard to find any more.

I know most of the few places left to buy stuff through mail order have minimum orders which sucks if you just need a few items. Although my wife is selling a lot this stuff on her Ebay store, it's not to get rich, it's just to get rid of this stuff and sell off a few of these cargo containers. Besides, over the last couple of years, we have only gotten a couple of thousand items listed and there is way, way, more. Anyway, if you are looking for anything, let me know, I may be able to find what you need. And, if you aren't sure if it would be something we would have, just ask.

Mahlo Nui Loa
Please link us to the ebay store.

K7SGJ
09-09-2015, 12:43 PM
Dupe

K7SGJ
09-09-2015, 12:50 PM
Sure. http://stores.ebay.com/CES-AZ?_rdc=1

You will probably notice we are also listing a lot of personal shit we have collected over the years, and some comuter stuff I squirreled away over the years. It's never ceases to amaze me of all the crap you acquire in your early years, and how long it takes to get rid of it when you get older and realize you'll probably never need it.

Naturally, any Ebay prices are not what Islanders pay. They get charged list plus 40%. Often, if some one just needs a couple of inexpensive small parts, postage is all I would ask.

None of the small stuff other than fuses and a few other things are listed yet. All the components are a work in progress. We are trying to get this done by container, and we haven't gotten to the connectors, semis, resistors, caps, and all that yet.

Oh yeah, lots of old Miller coils, too. Need a peaking coil for a color burst circuit in a 1963 Sylvania console?

KG4CGC
09-09-2015, 01:48 PM
Thanks. Please keep us updated when you add new stuff.

K7SGJ
09-09-2015, 02:26 PM
Will do. I'm going to be doing the semi conductors, caps, and resistors, and that's going to take forever.

W2NAP
09-09-2015, 03:43 PM
nice, listing all that stuff will be a full time job + overtime

NA4BH
09-09-2015, 06:50 PM
Sure. http://stores.ebay.com/CES-AZ?_rdc=1

You will probably notice we are also listing a lot of personal shit we have collected over the years, and some comuter stuff I squirreled away over the years. It's never ceases to amaze me of all the crap you acquire in your early years, and how long it takes to get rid of it when you get older and realize you'll probably never need it.

Naturally, any Ebay prices are not what Islanders pay. They get charged list plus 40%. Often, if some one just needs a couple of inexpensive small parts, postage is all I would ask.

None of the small stuff other than fuses and a few other things are listed yet. All the components are a work in progress. We are trying to get this done by container, and we haven't gotten to the connectors, semis, resistors, caps, and all that yet.

Oh yeah, lots of old Miller coils, too. Need a peaking coil for a color burst circuit in a 1963 Sylvania console?

I'm sure your wife says this every day about you.

WZ7U
04-01-2017, 02:57 AM
In lieu of building something similar, does anyone have a handle on a Dentron CM-U, tuned input unit? It would certainly be easier right now to just purchase something than take the time (which is in short supply right now) to fab up a facsimile. Just wondering, thanks!

*on edit* - Yeah, this might not have been the right place to put this post. If someone with the ability would move it, that would be great.

N8YX
04-02-2017, 02:53 PM
Tuned inputs are still "components"...albeit collections of them. :lol:

Today, I'm on the hunt for some leaded, low-value (2-100pF) NP0 and temp-compensating ceramic disc capacitors. The NP0 units will have a black dot of paint atop them. The others will have lavender, green, blue, yellow or orange. If you have some of these in your stash which need a good home, let me know.

WZ7U
04-02-2017, 03:58 PM
Speaking of such collections of components, where would you suggest is a decent place to get ferrite cores? Specifically T-68-2 and T-94-2. Not real familiar with ferrite rings. I could include the simple schematic of what I need to build if it would help, but I suspect you all know better than I what it is I'm contemplating.

If someone here has some, I would rather acquire from a fellow islander first. BKTU de WZ7U

KD8TUT
04-02-2017, 04:47 PM
Anyone have any pots around?

I need a 0 to 100 ohm pot.... could just order it. But I'm lazy :)

N8YX
04-02-2017, 05:25 PM
Cores and pots...

1) Dan's Kits and Parts is a good source. There's also a hamfest vendor in my area who brings a lot of them to the various venues. I'll have a look next time and get contact info.

2) What taper (linear, audio, log, reverse log), single or multiple gang, shaft diameter? Details, man!

KD8TUT
04-02-2017, 05:33 PM
Cores and pots...

1) Dan's Kits and Parts is a good source. There's also a hamfest vendor in my area who brings a lot of them to the various venues. I'll have a look next time and get contact info.

2) What taper (linear, audio, log, reverse log), single or multiple gang, shaft diameter? Details, man!

Linear would be best. Don't care about anything else.

I need to attenuate a noise sensing antenna in certain situations. Will help achieve better phase cancellation of local noise sources.

N8YX
04-02-2017, 05:57 PM
I think I have one in the junk box. Will look this week.

WZ7U
04-02-2017, 10:30 PM
Cores and pots...

Thanks man, will do.

VE7DCW
06-01-2021, 04:43 PM
I was taking my old Yaesu FT 470 out of storage and I have a rebuilt FNB -17 pack that was with it changed from Ni-CD to Ni-Mh .......what wasn't with it was the plug in charger for said battery pack.Anyone have a charger that they do not need? I was looking in the thrift stores out here if I can get a charger but no go with that idea because the plug that goes into the battery pack is impossible to find! Let me know if you want to part with it and and I'll send you what money you need :icon_smile:

WØTKX
06-06-2021, 01:01 PM
You want to repair by replacing the plug, eh?
Looks like a 2.5 mm mono male phone plug.

Adapters exist at box stores to check the size.
You may have headphones with that size.
Replacement plugs are on Mouser, etc.

Kobiconn 2.5 mm Male 2 (TS, Mono) Phone Connectors – Mouser (https://www.mouser.com/Connectors/Audio-Video-Connectors/Phone-Connectors/_/N-778cv?P=1yzrzf7Z1z0yxtiZ1ywoz82)

A veteran of the RadioShack Parts Drawers.

N8YX
06-07-2021, 09:21 AM
There's several listed on eBay at the moment from $10-$24USD.

WØTKX
06-07-2021, 03:42 PM
I'm concerned about the 2mm vs 2.5mm
Check it with a common 2.5mm