PDA

View Full Version : Fathers Day

NA4BH
06-16-2012, 10:31 PM
So what do you have planned for Fathers Day?

I spent all day smoking three racks of ribs and a Boston butt in Grillzilla (beer included). Looking forward to a nice quite day where I am showered with gifts (like that will actually happen), watching TV with no one to interrupt my deep train of thought wondering just how much the Pawn Stars are going to pay for a piece of broken crap somebody found in a closet. This is important.

Anyway, HAPPY FATHER's DAY to all. Or after the ribs is it FARTERS DAY?

KG4CGC
06-16-2012, 10:35 PM
Shouldn't Father's Day occur during football season?

NA4BH
06-16-2012, 10:38 PM
Shouldn't Father's Day occur during football season?

You would think so, God hates Fathers.

W4GPL
06-16-2012, 10:51 PM
Not fathers in the south.. there's a NASCAR race tomorrow. :-P

My Dad is back in FL, I'll give him a ring.. My sister is with him, so they'll go out to dinner.

NQ6U
06-16-2012, 11:00 PM
You would think so, God hates Fathers.

Nah. He just loves baseball. That's why Father's Day happens in June.

KJ3N
06-17-2012, 06:56 AM

Not a thing. It's just another Sunday here. No kids for me (at least none that I'll admit to). ;) :lol:

kf0rt
06-17-2012, 07:06 AM
Going to lunch with my Dad & sis today. Dad's 86. Then, I'm hoping to unload one of those chipper / shredder machines on my bro-in-law.

w2amr
06-17-2012, 07:11 AM

Play Ham Radio in the morning
Take my father's day ride through the neighborhood on his mower.
Take the Harley out for a nice ride later on

W4GPL
06-17-2012, 07:12 AM
Then, I'm hoping to unload one of those chipper / shredder machines on my bro-in-law.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-8yC2_H34rIo/T9FCKph-TkI/AAAAAAAAFOA/ks8-MAAjg1M/s1600/fargo-wood-chipper-scene.jpg

Uhhh.. :scared:

kf0rt
06-17-2012, 07:21 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-8yC2_H34rIo/T9FCKph-TkI/AAAAAAAAFOA/ks8-MAAjg1M/s1600/fargo-wood-chipper-scene.jpg

Uhhh.. :scared:

You're close. If this works out, it'll save me a trip through the "free" classifieds on Craigslist. My lawd, that's a strange subset of society. :rofl:

ad4mg
06-17-2012, 07:31 AM
It will be a mixed bag for me. Haven't made any noise about this, but my Dad passed away on June 3rd. It's been a rough couple of weeks for all of us. My youngest son insists I take the day off and rest, and he plans on coming over this evening to cook something for us on the grill.

We also have a very sick, but maybe improving, dog. Princess, the shepherd that was in my avatar, has pneumonia, an enlarged liver, and an enlarged kidney, and had stopped eating days ago. We actually had her at the vet yesterday to have her put down, but my son protested, quite rare for him. We brought Princess home, and amazingly, she started eating! She's regained some of her strength, and I'm cautiously optimistic.

So, it's been a roller coaster of emotion around here. I think I'll take Curtis' advice, and just take it easy today.

rot
06-17-2012, 07:57 AM
Take my father's day ride through the neighborhood on his mower.
That is so cool, I am just speechless.
:rock:
rot

kf0rt
06-17-2012, 08:02 AM
rot

Bet he stays off everybody's lawn, too. ;)

rot
06-17-2012, 08:16 AM
Bet he stays off everybody's lawn, too. ;)
Well for me, to complete the circle, I would have to engage the mower,kick up a rock and bust out a window.
:lol:
rot

K7SGJ
06-17-2012, 08:57 AM
Last time I was "showered" with gifts, it was a bag of rocks. I still have a few bumps from it. Anyway all you all, have a great day and if your lucky enough to have some family around you, enjoy your time together. Happy Fathers Day!

KC9ECI
06-17-2012, 09:10 AM
If they really got me what I wanted today, they'd just all go away and leave me alone for the day. Instead I'm going to get dragged all over the place, over fed, climbed like a tree by grandchildren, and eventually put to bed early with a near lethal case of heartburn and indigestion.

K7SGJ
06-17-2012, 09:20 AM
If they really got me what I wanted today, they'd just all go away and leave me alone for the day. Instead I'm going to get dragged all over the place, over fed, climbed like a tree by grandchildren, and eventually put to bed early with a near lethal case of heartburn and indigestion.

And.............................you'll be lovin every minute

kf0rt
06-17-2012, 09:22 AM
Well for me, to complete the circle, I would have to engage the mower,kick up a rock and bust out a window.
:lol:
rot

Isn't it about time to start thinking about setting someone's lawn on fire with pop-bottle rockets? :lol:

K7SGJ
06-17-2012, 09:24 AM
Isn't it about time to start thinking about setting someone's lawn on fire with pop-bottle rockets? :lol:

Oh happy day. What memories. And a M-80 in the asshole neighbors mailbox. "Ya say ya want that to go by air?" BOOM "That fuckers gone."

w2amr
06-17-2012, 09:29 AM
rot
You missed this?:-D
http://forums.hamisland.net/showthread.php/21873-Hey-Rottie!

KC2UGV
06-17-2012, 09:40 AM
Slept in today. Just going to chill for the rest of the day.

KC9ECI
06-17-2012, 10:25 AM
And.............................you'll be lovin every minute

Yeah, I won't fuss too much about it.

PA5COR
06-17-2012, 10:44 AM
I have a headstart on that ( taking it easy) of about 6 hours or so ;)

W5IEI
06-17-2012, 10:49 AM
It will be a mixed bag for me. Haven't made any noise about this, but my Dad passed away on June 3rd. It's been a rough couple of weeks for all of us. My youngest son insists I take the day off and rest, and he plans on coming over this evening to cook something for us on the grill.

We also have a very sick, but maybe improving, dog. Princess, the shepherd that was in my avatar, has pneumonia, an enlarged liver, and an enlarged kidney, and had stopped eating days ago. We actually had her at the vet yesterday to have her put down, but my son protested, quite rare for him. We brought Princess home, and amazingly, she started eating! She's regained some of her strength, and I'm cautiously optimistic.

So, it's been a roller coaster of emotion around here. I think I'll take Curtis' advice, and just take it easy today.

Sorry,and glad to hear about your luck Luke.
I too am fatherless on Fathers day.

I heard something on the radio yesterday:
Anyone can be a Father,Where the rubber meets the road,just try being a DAD.
Pretty cool I thought.

suddenseer
06-17-2012, 01:21 PM
I received a nice Scooby Do card from my granddaughter. We are heading to my folks place. My sister will cook way too much food on the grill. I will take my dad some sugar free fancy candy. I am lucky to have both my parents at my age.

N2CHX
06-17-2012, 01:34 PM
The kids made cards for Dan, we cleaned the house and now we're having a barbecue with some of Dan's friends from work.

NQ6U
06-17-2012, 01:42 PM
I called my dad to wish him a happy Father's Day. He passed me over to my mother and I ended up getting pissed off and hanging up on her. Fuck.

N2CHX
06-17-2012, 01:48 PM
I called my dad to wish him a happy Father's Day. He passed me over to my mother and I ended up getting pissed off and hanging up on her. Fuck.

I haven't talked to my sperm donor in four years, except the couple of times I've called to talk to my mother and he thought I was my older sister. Family, gotta love 'em.

W3WN
06-17-2012, 03:23 PM
I was supposed sleep in, had breakfast made for me, nothing to do all day except go over to the sister-in-law's for the family Father's Day cookout. Right.

Alarm woke me up at 8. It was supposed to be for the boss; she decided to sleep in and skip church. But I was already awake.

Make my own breakfast, since I was up early.

Mowed the lawn (well, it did need it) and repaired some damage to the garden (Lucy Furr was chasing something, probably a mole, and dug up some tomato & zucchini, and knocked over some other tomato plants). Had to go get gas for the car, was told when I got home that I JUST missed my son's call... funny that it doesn't show up on the caller ID though.

Finished the lawn. Last french-bread pizzas had been made for lunch... except there were only 2. So much for lunch.

Was told that I have to cough up $25 for the family share of my father-in-law's FD gift.

Bands suck.

And now, everyone's asleep, and we're supposed to leave in 5 minutes.

Oh well, at least I got a card, and the Pirates did win again. Whoopee.

KG4CGC
06-17-2012, 03:27 PM
I was supposed sleep in, had breakfast made for me, nothing to do all day except go over to the sister-in-law's for the family Father's Day cookout. Right.

Alarm woke me up at 8. It was supposed to be for the boss; she decided to sleep in and skip church. But I was already awake.

Make my own breakfast, since I was up early.

Mowed the lawn (well, it did need it) and repaired some damage to the garden (Lucy Furr was chasing something, probably a mole, and dug up some tomato & zucchini, and knocked over some other tomato plants). Had to go get gas for the car, was told when I got home that I JUST missed my son's call... funny that it doesn't show up on the caller ID though.

Finished the lawn. Last french-bread pizzas had been made for lunch... except there were only 2. So much for lunch.

Was told that I have to cough up $25 for the family share of my father-in-law's FD gift.

Bands suck.

And now, everyone's asleep, and we're supposed to leave in 5 minutes.

Oh well, at least I got a card, and the Pirates did win again. Whoopee.
You could always hit Carl's crack pipe.

KC9RFO
06-17-2012, 03:39 PM
Not much going on here today! Worked this morning, got home at 6AM, slept for a few hours! Watching the Nascar race @ Michigan and got a few Happy Father's day calls from my daughters and grand kids! Taking it easy for the rest of the day! Wishing you all a Happy Father's Day!

ki4itv
06-17-2012, 04:21 PM
Welcome to The Island, OM!
Glad your Fathers Day is working out well for you too.
I'm sure our enchanted mixologist will be along shortly to concoct the libation of your choice, the first of which always goes on Pope Carlo's tab...which he never pays.
Have fun, happy Father's Day, and don't be a stranger.

Oh, and please help yourself to one of our new Cowllinear Antenna Designs.

N8YX
06-17-2012, 04:27 PM
Happy Father's day to all you muthas, and I'm doing some shack work/house cleaning. Nicki and I had planned to go out on our bicycles or motorcycles for a while this afternoon but scattered T-storms put an end to that.

She misses her father horribly - he passed away last May. I haven't had either of my parents around for years.

RFO - welcome to our shores. Life's a beach here - complete with crabs. :lol:

KC9RFO
06-17-2012, 05:33 PM
Thanks for the welcome!!!

NQ6U
06-17-2012, 05:55 PM
RFO - welcome to our shores. Life's a beach here - complete with crabs. :lol:

On the other hand, we have single-payer medical insurance so Qwell is cheap.

KC9RFO
06-17-2012, 06:05 PM
LOL i think i will leave the crabs on the beach where they belong :) I'l leave them for the next person catch :)

On the other hand, we have single-payer medical insurance so Qwell is cheap.

KG4CGC
06-18-2012, 12:37 AM
Thanks for the welcome!!!

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/bebop5/drinks/636685dd.jpg

KC9RFO
06-18-2012, 08:38 AM
Thanks for the drink :)

NQ6U
06-18-2012, 08:48 AM
Thanks for the drink :)

You're welcome, it's on my tab (which I never pay and is currently equal to the GNP of Uruguay). Be careful, though—they may look like girlie umbrella drinks but the bartender has a heavy hand with the Everclear.

NA4BH
06-18-2012, 08:51 AM
I thought it was Paraguay

NQ6U
06-18-2012, 09:19 AM
I thought it was Paraguay

No, it used to be Montenegro but the barkeep complained.

K7SGJ
06-18-2012, 09:53 AM

And now he's sleeping with the fishes.

KG4CGC
06-18-2012, 10:53 PM

You Whinny Bitch. Next time it's Mount Gay rum in your coconut.

KG4CGC
06-18-2012, 10:56 PM
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/bebop5/drinks/ace72cca.jpg

N7YA
06-20-2012, 07:18 AM
Barbados looks happy to see you.

WØTKX
06-20-2012, 07:58 AM
Or geoducky!

http://www.breakthroughmagazine.com/issues/winter02/images/geoduck.jpg

N7YA
06-20-2012, 07:57 PM
I always thought they were called 'gooeyducks'.

NQ6U
06-20-2012, 09:59 PM
I always thought they were called 'gooeyducks'.

They are, but it's spelled "geoducks." I have no idea why.

N7YA
06-20-2012, 10:51 PM
Its a misread that appears to have stuck. We americans are good at that sort of thing. :lol: