PDA

View Full Version : Reruns

K7SGJ
06-11-2012, 10:52 AM
Since I FU my back a few months ago doing something stoopid, and have to take it easy for awhile, which is driving me nutz, I've been watching a little more TV than usual. Some of the really old stuff really takes me back. Leave it to Beaver, I Love Lucy, Dick Van Dike Show, and others. Between the shows and the drugs, I seem to revert back to those times, and remember how simple life was, and how much I took it for granted. The family situations were so close to real life, it was uncanny. The moms always wore dresses to cook and clean house and dads wore nice cloths to the dinner table, as did the kids. There was no way we could get away with wearing a tee shirt to the table back then. Everything was "proper". That's just the way it was. No color, just B/W, the music, the furniture, and everything retro that was the 50s and 60s. The simple comedy, the slapstick, and situations still make me laugh. Then, I look at what all of this has evolved into, and I can't believe how different it is. Back then, people slept in twin beds, now they sleep in the nude making wild monkey love. (not that I object to a little T&A now and then) I wonder what it will be like in another 15-20 years. One thing the that watching these oldies has done to play on my mind is to re-kindle my feelings for Laura Petrie. Mary Tyler Moore was so hot in her late 20s and 30s. I will forever be in love with her character. Oh Rob......... DAmn, what a hottie.

KG4CGC
06-11-2012, 11:00 AM
Remember when ... The Bob Newheart Show came on Saturday nights at 9pm and was considered a little risque?

K7SGJ
06-11-2012, 11:07 AM
Yep. I also had the hots for Suzanne Pleshette. I loved her voice. I use to have a comedy album of Newharts. He was the master of doing the phone routines.

kf0rt
06-11-2012, 11:11 AM
It's only a matter of time before Mary Ann and Ginger make their appearance. :whistle:

K7SGJ
06-11-2012, 11:12 AM
Funny thing about that, I was never much attracted to Ginger, but damn, Mary Ann was a whole nuther story.

kf0rt
06-11-2012, 11:14 AM
Mary Ann always wins in the polls. It's that "girl next door" thing.

KA9MOT
06-11-2012, 11:55 AM
YUUUUUP! Mary Ann!

K7SGJ
06-11-2012, 11:57 AM
You've got a little drool on the left side of your mouth there, big guy.

suddenseer
06-11-2012, 12:49 PM
i was attracted to the professor.

KA9MOT
06-11-2012, 01:26 PM
i was attracted to the professor.

The Professor was an obvious fraud.... he could build a radio from coconuts, but he couldn't patch that tiny little hole in the Minnow.......... And now I learn he was pretty....... :rofl:

n2ize
06-11-2012, 01:35 PM
Funny thing about that, I was never much attracted to Ginger, but damn, Mary Ann was a whole nuther story.

Uh no !! Not the age old Ginger versus Maryanne" dilemma. I always tended to favour Ginger but then again I always preferred redheads. I will say, the actress who played Maryanne aged very well and she still looked good decades later. It must be the weed that keeps her looking young and healthy. From what I heard it appears Maryanne and Maryjane are good friends.

KG4CGC
06-11-2012, 01:37 PM
Uh no !! Not the age old Ginger versus Maryanne" dilemma. I always tended to favour Ginger but then again I always preferred redheads. I will say, the actress who played Maryanne aged very well and she still looked good decades later. It must be the weed that keeps her looking young and healthy. From what I heard it appears Maryanne and Maryjane are good friends.

Superior Hollywood Healthcare plus elective surgery.

n2ize
06-11-2012, 02:31 PM
Superior Hollywood Healthcare plus elective surgery.

Maybe but I suspect its the weed. hey, She must have grown some kickass herb on that island. Now we know what was in all those cakes, pies and brownies she used to make.

kf0rt
06-11-2012, 02:32 PM
Maybe but I suspect its the weed. hey, She must have grown some kickass herb on that island. Now we know what was in all those cakes, pies and brownies she used to make.

It would explain a few of the plotlines, eh?

NQ6U
06-11-2012, 02:37 PM
It would explain a few of the plotlines, eh?

Only if the writers had been partaking of said brownies.

kf0rt
06-11-2012, 02:40 PM
Only if the writers had been partaking of said brownies.

Mary Ann seems like the sharing type. :dunno:

n2ize
06-11-2012, 02:57 PM
Speaking of old TV shows here are a few favorites of mine. I frequently catch these on Hulu or UTube and I also have some on DVD and disc

1) The Honeymooners
2) Sea Hunt
3) Highway patrol
4) Dragnet
5) M-Squad (with Lee Marvin)
6) Johnny Stacatto (a somewhat rare gem made in the 50's starring John Casavettes as a jazz pianist/private detective)
7) Sergeant Preston of the Yukon
8) The Rifleman
9) Judge Roy Bean
10) Stories of the century (a western TV show)
11) Rocky and Bullwinkle

and others.

rot
06-11-2012, 07:34 PM
Mr. Ed
and hell yeah...the damn horse really talks.
Wilbur, NC
rot

W3WN
06-11-2012, 07:40 PM
Rocky & Bullwinkle only #11?

One thing I haven't seen in reruns for awhile... Laugh-In. The old Trio cable network had them on twice a day, but NBC Universal changed the channel to something else a couple of years ago.

kb2vxa
06-11-2012, 08:20 PM
Laugh In. "But mom, Tommy goes nuts when those cat food commercials come on."

NA4BH
06-11-2012, 08:29 PM
Mr. Ed
and hell yeah...the damn horse really talks.
Wilbur, NC
rot

You weren't supposed to tell