PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else ever be a part of The Well?

W1GUH
06-09-2012, 08:56 AM
The Well (http://www.well.com/)

I was with them back in the mid-80's just after getting online with a Commodore 128. Had some very excellent exchanges there with very articulate, intelligent people. Notice that you don't use an anonymous screen name with them, you use your real name.

Going to re-up after about 20 years later today -- must be really something now.

Visited them in late '88 when they were on Gate 5 Road in Sausalito when it was the old-style bulletin board discussion. Used a VAX 11/750 (My Baby!!!) to run it til it got overloaded when they switched over to a Sequent (remember Sequent ?) multi-processor system. Great people!

WØTKX
06-13-2012, 09:38 PM
I was VERY tempted years ago, but the BBS I was running exploded into the FidoNet realm, and that kept me busy. Really like their policies regarding user identity (they make sure you are you) and anti trolling.

n6hcm
06-17-2012, 03:57 AM
i once was hcm on the well ... a long, long time ago.

suddenseer
06-17-2012, 12:20 PM
Sounds almost like a religious cult, nawh jk. I heard others talking about it, never inquired. Well, the actual identity of every Islander is known. Except for those with multi-personalities.