PDA

View Full Version : Bday gift for Pilar.

KB3LAZ
06-09-2012, 05:55 AM
Okay, I am curious if you think this is tacky or not. Aside from our planned weekend away, dinner, and the new Nikon I have wrapped for Pilar I have also made her another gift. Rather ordered it. A custom made shadow box. Why? Well, on our first date I brought a dozen roses to the restaurant. After the date she brought them home and kept them until they died. At which point I took one and pressed it. I have ordered a custom fit shadow box for said rose. This is the gift I will be giving her at the end of the weekend we have planed. After she thinks the surprises are over. I have had that rose for three years now. =)

Am I tacky or silly? lol

WØTKX
06-09-2012, 06:41 AM
It might bring her tears of joy.

Bet she likes that better than the camera.

ad4mg
06-09-2012, 06:43 AM
^ Yep, what he said!

N8YX
06-09-2012, 08:26 AM
Anyone can "buy" another a gift.

Making something for them is from the heart.

KB3LAZ
06-09-2012, 08:33 AM
Thank you guys, those were the lines I was thinking along. Normally, I would have just made it from scratch but its a little hard to do in an apartment, lol. I must say, I do miss my workshop!

As for the Nikon, that is also going to be enjoyed by her. She has had the same camera for nearly 10 years. Its time she gets a nice one. Its a crappy 2 or 3 MP digi. =) I hope she has an enjoyable weekend. Next weekend, not this weekend. xD I mean, I hope she enjoys this one too...you know what I mean.

K7SGJ
06-09-2012, 08:54 AM
You almost brought a tear to my eye, Trav. Awe hell, it's probably that I'm an old man with alergies. I guarantee she will like the shadowbox, and other than children, I'd be willing to bet there will be very few things in her life she will treasure more.

ETA Tell her Happy Birthday. I hope she gets.....you know......well.... I hope she gets the shadowbox hung on the wall soon.

KB3LAZ
06-09-2012, 08:54 AM
You almost brought a tear to my eye, Trav. Awe hell, it's probably that I'm an old man with alergies. I guarantee she will like the shadowbox, and other than children, I'd be willing to bet there will be very few things in her life she will treasure more.

Glad to hear that. I hope she enjoys it.

XE1/N5AL
06-09-2012, 08:58 AM
Gifting a rose from your first date, in a shadow box? That's way too romantic for a ham! A REAL ham might consider gifting a vacuum cleaner, a steam iron or a new set of kitchen pots and pans, instead. :)

K7SGJ
06-09-2012, 09:01 AM
Gifting a rose from your first date, in a shadow box? That's way too romantic for a ham! A REAL ham might consider gifting a vacuum cleaner, a steam iron or a new set of kitchen pots and pans, instead. :)

Naw, the first gift sucks, and the second blows, as for the third......

KB3LAZ
06-09-2012, 09:04 AM
I would gift myself new kitchenware! I do the cooking. I need a nice knife set.

KG4CGC
06-09-2012, 09:09 AM
Nice ideas Travis. I also have to throw in here that you will reach a new level of extra special bonus ultra bonus sex.
What? You thought there was only 'bonus bonus?'

NQ6U
06-09-2012, 12:25 PM

Nah—a real ham would have bought her a K3.

But, Travis, he's right—your gift is way too romantic for a ham. Nice job! And Charles is right as well: prepare yourself for the fuck of a lifetime.

PA5COR
06-09-2012, 12:46 PM
^ What they said Travis, bit late to the party doing a gig now, so not much home now.
Hope you 2 get all the best in the world ;)

KA9MOT
06-09-2012, 01:21 PM
Awesome gift! I would never have thought of such a great gift.........

suddenseer
06-09-2012, 04:06 PM
Travis, maybe i am cheap, but.... i have presented myself naked with a ribbon tied around me. This has worked in a hetero, and homosexual relationship with positive results. YMMV.

KB3LAZ
06-10-2012, 03:16 AM
Travis, maybe i am cheap, but.... i have presented myself naked with a ribbon tied around me. This has worked in a hetero, and homosexual relationship with positive results. YMMV.

Lol, nice.

KC2UGV
06-10-2012, 11:50 AM
That is a damned romantic gift. Let us know her reaction :)

W5GA
06-10-2012, 11:54 AM
Travis, that is just too cool!

Ignore these old curmudgeons....my wife told me that I'd be in serious kimchee if I EVER bought her anything with a handle on it as a gift.

N8YX
06-10-2012, 11:55 AM
Next time, show up in roller skates - nekkid - with a string tied around yer johnson. Then see if your lover can guess what you are...

N8YX
06-10-2012, 12:04 PM
...my wife told me that I'd be in serious kimchee if I EVER bought her anything with a handle on it as a gift.
AR and LR have charge handles, no?

KB3LAZ
06-12-2012, 07:49 AM
Well, the shadow box and rose came in today. I stained the box, set up the background, and added the rose. I am surprised they let my mom ship me a rose in the mail. I guess the lady at the post office told here that what they worry about is bugs. As long as it was a pressed rose sealed in plastic it was fine..I dont buy that but it here anyway.

KC2UGV
06-12-2012, 07:56 AM
Well, the shadow box and rose came in today. I stained the box, set up the background, and added the rose. I am surprised they let my mom ship me a rose in the mail. I guess the lady at the post office told here that what they worry about is bugs. As long as it was a pressed rose sealed in plastic it was fine..I dont buy that but it here anyway.

No, really. That's all they care about. Bugs can quickly become an invasive species and wipe out flora. Sealed in plastic? No big deal, the bugs ain't getting out.

W3WN
06-12-2012, 08:12 AM
I have a sudden vision of Kathy Bates wrapped in cellophane, from Fried Green Tomatos. Please. It's too early in the morning for that kind of nausea.

KB3LAZ
06-12-2012, 08:14 AM
No, really. That's all they care about. Bugs can quickly become an invasive species and wipe out flora. Sealed in plastic? No big deal, the bugs ain't getting out.

Im just surprised at the fact they let her ship it. Thank you for the clarification.

Either way, Im happy. The gift is wrapped and sitting on the table.

Side note. Pilar does not like roses. Back on our first date, I didnt know this. This case is a bit different. Its not the rose but rather the symbolism that is the gift. I really hope she enjoys it.

W3WN
06-12-2012, 09:05 AM
"Does not like roses"??? How sad. Makes it kind of tough to properly do the Tango.

...don't worry about the gift. She'll love it.

suddenseer
06-12-2012, 09:43 AM
I have a sudden vision of Kathy Bates wrapped in cellophane, from Fried Green Tomatos. Please. It's too early in the morning for that kind of nausea.Wow. Kathy Bates I would have done her back in
My freaky days. My ex wife looked like Morticia when we got married. She looked like Kathy Bates when we divorced. My current bf looks like Kunta Kinte. I don't know what he sees in an old man like me.

KG4CGC
06-12-2012, 09:44 AM
On a slightly unrelated note, years ago I dated this woman who did not like flowers. I broke up with her by giving her flowers. The funny part was when she called up after the flowers were delivered to break it off with me, and I said, "OK. Bye." and hung up.
Priceless.

suddenseer
06-12-2012, 09:59 AM
On a slightly unrelated note, years ago I dated this woman who did not like flowers. I broke up with her by giving her flowers. The funny part was when she called up after the flowers were delivered to break it off with me, and I said, "OK. Bye." and hung up.
Priceless.Two adults making adult desicions.

KB3LAZ
06-17-2012, 09:15 AM
Pilar loved her bday gift and the weekend getaway was not too bad either.

K7SGJ
06-17-2012, 09:19 AM
SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE

KB3LAZ
06-17-2012, 09:21 AM
Code red for another two days. So not likely. =P

K7SGJ
06-17-2012, 09:26 AM
Oh for Christs sake man buck up.

kf0rt
06-17-2012, 09:33 AM
Oh for Christs sake man buck up.